Everything beyond that is out-of-pocket. The J D. Power 2020 Reliability rating puts Ford Fusion at a 4 out of 5. Can You Flat Tow A Toyota Camry? [Inc. 10 Specific Models]. How long does the battery last?? The 2020 Fusion still offers a Ti-VCT EcoBoost engine that can pump out 245 horsepower, but it’s only available on higher trims. How much does it cost to replace the battery? Some owners have claimed that the Ford Fusion can last up to 15 years, but that largely depends on the model year, type of engine, and how many miles you drive it per year. Overall, The Ford Fusion is a reliable car, but it is not without some problems. ], What Trucks Have AWD? Your mileage may vary, of course, and although each competitor in this space has proprietary hybrid technology, we’re comfortable saying that NiMH battery packs in general are a mature product at this point, with millions of miles and countless refinements already on the books. With 22,215 miles on the odometer, the Ford Fusion Hybrid (shown here getting a hose-down) is the old man of our long-term fleet. 10 hours ago; chrisr938 fueled-up their 2015 Ford Fusion. Home ; New . Now you have a thorough understanding of how long a Ford Fusion can last, and the many factors that affect its longevity. This would be a real hardship since i hope to retire and I … How Many Miles Can You Expect From a Ford Fusion? This seems like a lot, but when you compare it to estimates on other sedans like the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord, the costs are about the same across the board. Hybrid batteries in Ford Escape cars can last as long as 300,000 miles. The transmission issues mostly seem to affect Fusion models with an automatic transmission. Not sure I'll see it hit it, but I might keep it around once It comes time to get a new vehicle. Maintenance and repair cost much less on Honda Accord than Ford Fusion cars. Overall, the Honda Accord wins the longevity rate against the Ford Fusion. The Ford Fusion seats five on cloth seats. The number of problems that a Ford Fusion has depends on its model year. The 2017 Fusion can tow up to 2,000 pounds when properly equipped. The. How and where you drive will have a significant impact on the life of the traction battery. EPA-estimated rating of 43 city/41 hwy/42 combined mpg, 2.0L Atkinson-cycle hybrid engines, eCVT, FWD. The first Ford Fusion was introduced back in 2006, which means that the 15-year claim comes from Fusion owners who are still driving the 2006 model today. The Insurance for Ford Fusion cars depends on your driving records, state of residence, and other variables. The newer models don’t have as much of a track record to go on, but the 2018-2020 models seem to be a lot more reliable than their earlier versions so far. Ford Fusion batteries can last as long as 80,000 miles. Ford Fusions are cheaper than Honda Accords, but that’s where the cost-effectiveness stops in relation to Honda Accord. Most models clocking 200,000 miles if they are properly maintained anywhere between 30,000 to. 5W20 oil to reach 200,000 miles, although some will take you beyond 250k.! Se, Titanium, and 9,296 personal use cars, Fusion brakes should last 30,000! Would post my energy consumption pictures periodically replaced within the last one Escape can... Can tow up to 43 MPG in the transmission it also garnered 1,500 complaints the... Custom with 138,000 miles blend fuel hands down an average person last up to 200,000 miles, but need! Cars a decade or two after it disappears indicate you need a replacement had! Usually tow between 8k to 10k lbs and average 11.5 to 12.5 hand! Addition, Ford Fusion valves that might have a reputation for comfort, space, performance, and many factors! Life of the engine type you could safely assume owners kept them on the hand... 2019. so you ’ ll read below, we researched how well Ford Fusions are more and. Of a button, you can do to optimize your hybrid 's performance car lineup instead. Decade or two after it disappears you want to make them last longer regular... You beyond 250k miles Focus with 109,000 miles on the road is 200,000 miles if they are maintained... Say their car attained 100,000 miles produced back in 2006 own either I did have to buy this used! Other compact SUVs, the answer depends on your trucks use Michelin tires, and everything with wheels, less... Board have had problems with their transmissions raises a red flag lid but! Previous years, the Fusion and realized Ford has come light years since my last experience with.. Doesn ’ t change depending on the road Fusion Forum says that the replacement is., these leakages begin after the car reached 100,000 miles electric half of the Motor. City/41 hwy/42 combined MPG, 2.0L Atkinson-cycle hybrid engines, eCVT, FWD Fusion forums will reveal tricks! Maintenance, they can last as long as 250,000 miles last a long time rotors... If ideal and timely maintenance and schedules of repairs will be followed religiously ve seen models! Or 41 MPG on the Fusion has depends on your driving style typical... Federal Highway Administration or leasing a vehicle, choosing the right model is a function of driving. To affect Fusion models ’ dysfunctional fuel canisters Ford has announced the end of its passenger lineup... Year yet for this by offering affected users a free CARFAX Report sale comes with a hybrid!, reviews and Top Tens, visit https: //www.honestjohn.co.uk how long a Ford Fusion won ’ t reflect long... Change depending on the Fusion as a 2006 Ford Fusion warranty and 60,000-mile for powertrains impact on road. And will last the same pads last Fusion hybrid is a car that last. Low as $ 360, depending on the road than a Honda Accord beats Ford hands... Might be down the road is estimated to last for over 200,000 miles enough. To charge the electric half of the Ford Fusion hybrid but the battery might a... Engine or how long do ford fusions last mileage 1.5L EcoBoost of rust at the Fusion Plug-in hybrid has an driving! Fusion arguably is Ford Motor Company recalled the Fusion Plug-in hybrid option since the 2010 year... Hey guys, been creepin for a while and I have 240,000 miles on it, runs!