Influences on happiness and unhappiness may include factors such as being in employment, strong family support, a good network of friends and a sense of belonging (The Open University, 2013 p48). We can custom edit this essay into an original, 100% plagiarism free essay. Milton Keynes, The Open University. Please enter the email address that you use to login to TeenInk.com, and we'll email you instructions to reset your password. The most common meaning is that of a life of abundance and prosperity, characterized by economic rewards that enable one to live a middle class life of comfort. Eating disorder (ED) describe sicknesses that are represented by constant disturbance of eating patterns and extreme unhappiness or worry about body weight/shape which leads to poor physical and/or mental health. Similarly, as a student, my own identity is not based on my status, but rather on how my behavior is shaped in my situations. Eighner views identity not solely on his status of a scavenger, but rather on how his experiences shape his identity and how he acts despite his circumstances. He spent hours explaining specific terms to me – I learned about game theory, stock options, IPOs and even about Erlang (a programming language from the 70s). we can write an original essay just for you. 1. These men and women are also dedicated to their work, and to many causes. How has that world shaped your dreams and aspirations? Adichie described the night as “hope” in the aspect of the audience being so attentive and receiving of her message on feminism and culture. The pressure society places on young people to conform to the ideal body image has led to many adolescents developing stress-related eating disorders (The Open University, 2013, Unit 3, 3.4). How Has Your Community Shaped You Essay If you have not received a notification email by this time, please check your spam filters. My mom, a law school graduate and an avid but non-preachy yogi, founded a jewelry company on the spur of the moment. As we shape our local area through physical changes and social activities, so we collectively define its identity; in turn, as stage sets for life, hubs for community and activity, these places piece together our own individual, and communal, identities. I feel that hindered my development as a child. How has it shaped your perspective? In 2017, surveys undertaken by scientists at the University of Surrey for the National Trust revealed that ‘meaningful places’ played a key role in shaping people’s identity, across all ages; 67% of younger people said their meaningful place has shaped who they are. Eating habits have changed significantly in the post war period (Young’s, 2004). YO32-13J. Throughout my childhood, my mother and I spent countless hours immersed in the magical land of bedtime stories. Keeping makers in cities: how do we safeguard urban studios? Kind of. My Prompt: Tell us about your neighborhood and how it has shaped you. Available at http://www.who.int./ mediacentre/ news/ releases/ 2004/ pr81/ en/ (Accessed 20 May 2014). White, A. As a species we have evolved a mechanism by which we can make up almost anything. Anorexia affects over 24 million people worldwide. I’m not trying to brag, but that is no easy feat!