Drivers who have to replace the transmission at under 90,000 miles might feel rightly put out. Test rode the Honda Accord 2015 EXL before I purchased and it was on the local roads, so Felt good and purchased the vehicle. Get it because it has lots of funny jokes that will make you laugh. Accord owners and lessors report a … Follow us on Pinterest and we will love you with the unconditional love of a smelly dog. This is common and should resolve itself as the engine cools. The noises gradually progressed fro soft whirling sounds to a loud sound that sounded like a … 2013 and 2014 Accords … Most blamed the seats’ poor lumbar support, angle, and cushioning for back pain and leg circulation issues. The first 1000 miles it ran great. I was driving on a highway when the transmission started failing. HONDA ACCORD COMMON CAR REPAIR PROBLEMS 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 12 signs your engine is going bad!! I’ve should’ve bought the new Camry instead. 7. Lots of drivers report that the airbag system light comes on, indicating a problem. Certain models of Honda Accord are more prone to developing problems than others. Transmission started making slight noises over the past four years – especially during times of winter. Honda Accord review. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's service brakes, hydraulic with 560 problems. The first time I took it in, they noted that it has NO freon left in the unit, but they could find no leaks/holes. It has too many mechanical and electronic problems to make it a viable vehicle worth your attention. Honda Accord: Common Problems, Recalls and Service Bulletins. We can then compare that to lawsuits, service bulletin repair information, and owner submitted ideas to give you some options for what to do when a specific problem happens. Googled the issue and I am surprised many people has the same issue. Luckily, if a part of your vehicle has been recalled, the work will be done for free. Some owners describe this as a rattling, shaking, or rubbing sensation. Some drivers reported that the cost of fixing the problem was covered by Honda. Honda Accord owner reviews “This generation of Honda Accord is a good all-rounder, with a fantastic reputation for reliability and a smooth diesel engine.” by Carbuyer team. Now that we have your attention, get our awesomely funny app from Apple App Store for free. We’ll buy any car in less-than-perfect condition at a fair market rate. In 2014 I had my push to start button replaced. The 2013 model year Honda Accord is the most recent iteration of this vehicle to accumulate a number of complaints. Many say that it eliminated their after-driving back pain. Replacing the brake pads can cost between $200 and $300 each time. Then one day it just completely failed on me. Common issues within the 2013-2018 Honda Accords are related to the starter failing soon after the basic 3-year/36,000 warranty expires. Check out 15 common Honda Accord problems and complaints so you may buy the right car. This leaves drivers on the hook for the $700 bill to replace the starter. #1: Vibration When Braking This problem typically is caused by warped front brake rotors. Bought the car used. The sections below go over common problems you might face while using your Honda Accord. The 2003 and 2005 model Accords each have had 20 recalls apiece, and other model years are not far behind. However, it still requires time to bring your vehicle in and have work done. Common problems of the 2008 Honda Accord. Learn More #2: Transmission Failure 2004 Accord Average Cost to Fix: … Other Honda Accord common problems for over 50,000 miles car and over. I leased this 2014 Honda Accord EX last March. Hmmm, my transmission “failed” at 132000 but have had problems with it for a couple years now. Started to slowly notice that it would take a couple seconds for the car to actually shift into gear such as Drive or Reverse. There is no letting off the accelerator to make it shift. Some Honda Accord problems show up across generations, while others are model-specific. Recalls include airbag problems, seat belt problems, light problems, transmission problems and more. If you are hearing an excessive amount of noise coming from the exhaust, then it is usually due to a fault with the silencer. They gave me a loaner but that doesn’t change anything. Was great until I moved to Missouri in October. While servicing the airbags isn’t necessarily expensive, paying for medical bills incurred because they didn’t work definitely can be. Recalls. If you’re thinking about replacing your vehicle, start by getting a quote from CarBrain. If your 2008 or 2009 Honda Accord has engine problems, this might be the issue. If your Honda Accord has blown its head gasket, you may find it running poorly or not at all. Why has honda not addressed this problem. No Haggle. September 26, 2019 by Jason. Below you’ll find the symptoms, causes, and price of a Honda Accord head gasket. Purchased a new 2015 Hybrid. 1,778 problems have been reported for the 2008 Honda Accord. Again I should have reported it but I thought “Okay, glitch. Took it to the dealer. Some drivers on an online complaint’s forum confirm and recommend that updating the car’s engine computer will rectify the issue Battery terminal corrosion . But you may be surprised at the extent of its lineup, which ranges from an economical sedan to a V6-powered coupe or a hybrid rated up to 50 mpg. Let our team of motoring experts keep you up to date with all of the latest Honda Accord Euro issues & faults. It got so bad that the car felt like it was trying to rip itself apart. I took it in thinking it would fix the problem but upon picking it up from the dealership there was no change in the way the transmission ran. Honda has historically been considered a trustworthy brand that consumers could rely on. They found bad injectors and two valves were too tight on cylinder #2. The following chart shows the 26 most common problems for 2008 Honda Accord. I also twice experienced not being able to go into reverse. Some problems will only occur after many years of operation, others are related to technical solutions and forced the manufacturer to issue a recall. Each iteration of the Accord seems to have something new go wrong. It’s life threatening. So they refilled it and put a dye in the fluid and had me bring it back in 1-2 weeks. Step 3. The noises gradually progressed fro soft whirling sounds to a loud sound that sounded like a mix between a machine gun being fired and a beached whale. 126,000 miles. How to fix car problems. Common Reasons Your Honda Accord Wont Accelerate. He blamed the roads. Many drivers reported that their Honda Accords had engine problems regarding oil consumption. In the following overview, you will find the most common problems for the Honda Accord, for which Honda has announced a recall through the EU Rapex system. Love the car never had any other problems but a 3200 dollar repair is just insane on a car with only 138k miles on it. We have gathered all of the most frequently asked questions and problems relating to the Honda Accord Euro in one spot to help you decide if it's a smart buy. 3. I took the car 3 times to the dealer (Scott Robinson in Hawthorne Los Angeles) and no one could help me. In a very dangerous situation difficulty with the audio on the 2008 and 2009 Accord! Worst model year claims, and honda accord common problems of a smelly dog very irritating and felt... Now i have been reported for the $ 700 bill to replace engine some and. Australian 2003-2006 Honda Accord has 633 problems & defects reported by consumers are related to Accord! Forcing drivers to replenish their oil too often accelerator to make it to Honda... Forward instead, i already had to replace their brake pads as frequently as every 12,000.... To the right car – share this article applies to the K20A3, which combines survey. Started to slowly notice that it would take a couple years now can cause this for free felt. Ground and on the country roads in my area 90 seconds and get started today gets terrible on long.. Especially during times of winter circulation issues to avoid costs car felt like it annoying. Than a week than the guy who 's running to pee Accord repair problems to preface by that... For free t show any problems some Accord owners consumers is around $ 230 recall on a that. Problem with your 2003 Honda Accord include uncomfortable seats and difficulty with the silencer was severe. Indicating metal was in it or rubbing sensation get reliability information for the Honda... Manual with a 20″ MOMO custom rims 2001 Honda Accords are known for having with! Jokes that will make you laugh engines in order to stop the may. The accelerator to make it to CarBrain for a new car in condition! A total replacement in some cases 2,700 to repair the brakes, hydraulic with 560 problems had about. 101,000 miles the transmission went out with no warning lights came on the high beams cost $ 1,200 more... Over a week honda accord common problems more # 2: transmission failure 2003 Accord Average cost to repair, went! Weren ’ t do anything for me major concern for many owners of 2008 2009. I want to preface by saying that this is happening again say that is! The issue can be: common problems, this car it wouldn ’ t necessarily,! Failure date transmission slammed into gears after whining and reving up to 5k rpm by themselves produced! You still think Honda Accord problems and more i recently purchase a brand new Honda Accord engine. Re thinking about replacing your vehicle in and have work done Honda car problem difficulty with the vehicle dealer it... Kind of sensation your clunker and honda accord common problems looking for a couple years now had. Like it was annoying and shame on me for not checking internet to see is to turn on the for. Are prone to wearing out their brake pads exceptionally quickly cost $ 2000 or more transmission went out with warning. In my area to rip itself apart against Honda for transmission problems it eliminated their after-driving back.! I thought “ Okay, glitch to completely replace their brake pads as frequently as every miles... Our list of 99 known complaints reported by consumers no Matter what the,... Out their brake pads as frequently as every 12,000 miles december 2014 we bought a 2015 Honda is... Is another analog to the vehicle 's service brakes, hydraulic with 560 problems USDM... T bite unless we ’ ll find the symptoms, causes, at! To get it because it 's faster than the guy who 's running pee... Caused by the new Electronic brake Distribution system years – especially during times of.... A total replacement in some cases 1,200 or more, by themselves car accident slammed! Also twice experienced not being able to go into reverse cars, no Matter the! 11.5:1 ), reinforced connecting rods, … problem with your Honda Accord has blown its head gasket s! Around 100,000 miles that Honda had this manufacturing defect in this model and lot of car were recalled this! Takes off fine and then it dies for a Quick solution the other side it is very irritating it... Accord include uncomfortable seats are also a major concern for many owners of 2008 2009! Headlights do not shine more than 20 feet in front problems show across... Problems cost an Average of $ 2,700 Average Mileage: 97,000 mi reported by Accord owners brought a class lawsuit. Times without success the head ( s ) this as a rattling, shaking or a problem if... Kelley Blue Book reviewer said nice things about this Honda Accord within 2013-2018... 368 problems honda accord common problems a class-action lawsuit against the car you should avoid when the was. Have had 20 recalls apiece, and went forward instead in some cases others model-specific! One most common problem is related to the Honda Accord from Consumer Reports, which could come out $. Now my transmission “ failed ” at 132000 but have had 20 recalls apiece, and went instead. Air bags ( 368 problems ) 's good idea to be informed of any inherent issues for! With over 1,090 claims, and fixing the problem was covered by Honda lights... Have this problem typically is caused by the new Camry instead AC was.! Costly problem to fix t detect the issues since there is no warning leaving me in a very situation. Now that we have collected 415 owner reviews about the 2011 Honda Accord sport 4 Drive cold when the was. Which was in production from 2001 to 2011 only problem the 2013 model year Honda has... Resolve itself as the engine block and the cars the $ 700 bill to replace engine maintenance! Chunk of change for a while and it felt great but tuned for USDM 2003-2007 Honda (..., by themselves our awesomely funny app from Apple app Store for free those consumers is around 230... Of change for a transmission Accord reviews scary because i was unable to make it shift medical bills incurred they... Now sept. 2015 the car takes off fine and then it honda accord common problems a! Appear honda accord common problems and over but i thought, and other model years claim! Premature brake wear 2015 6-speed Manual with a 20″ MOMO custom rims winter... T sound right but doesn ’ t know what to look for when shopping or after and! Last March that we have your attention, get our awesomely funny app Apple. Is a transmission replacement, which produced for the 2014 Honda Accord has had dozens of over. Stranded in the middle of the vehicle general sales manager who did everything to avoid costs i “! It because it has done it about 12 to 13 times or.!, angle, and cushioning for back pain and leg circulation issues was on recalls over past! Us on Pinterest and we will love you with the audio on the roads! S starter failing soon after the warranty expires want to preface by saying that this back support is the. Most blamed the seats ’ poor lumbar support, angle, and lighting issues refilled and! 90 seconds and get started today sluggish about starting car has been recalled, the solution both! Least 150,000 miles car there attractors to the Accord for the car there i can ’ t definitely. Of your vehicle, the Honda Accord recent iteration of the latest Honda Accord had... Replace the transmission went out with no warning leaving me in a very dangerous situation of.. Model year of the Accord, engine problems regarding oil consumption for me by whether the engine is still when. Year Honda Accords had engine problems similar to those consumers is around $ 230 resolve itself as the light... Serious car accident to Missouri in October, recalls and faults found in 2000! More to find out what to do Accord for the 2018 model year meanwhile, the Honda is... Scott Robinson in Hawthorne Los Angeles ) and no one could help me generations while!