From floors to furniture, Varathane Premium Gel Stains are formulated not just to stain your wood but to reveal its true beauty. Thicker consistency to prevent drips © 2020 Home Depot International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Dry to touch in 1 hour. It also covers porous and nonporous surfaces equally, making it easier for novices to apply. Varathane Premium Interior Wood Stains are designed to provide deeper, richer, and more natural color for all wood projects. 5 times easier. Wipe the surface clean using a dry terry towel and apply your GelStain using long, flowing strokes with a natural bristle brush. 3,78L covers up to 1200 sq.ft. If you've read many of my threads, you'll know that I believe manufacturers devote considerable resources toward instructions that give their customers the best opportunity for success. Stay with samples, not your installed floor, and follow up to let The Community know what you find! As I read further, the thread notes use of a "water-based gel stain." Compare; Find My Store. Dry to touch in 1 hour. Wipe off the excess after 5-10 minutes. 40 pre-mixed colours. VARATHANE Classic Oil-Based Penetrating Wood Stains are formulated with a unique base for deep penetration and premium pigments for clear colour. Maintaining clean, safe stores is one of our top priorities. Wood. Achieve colour in one coat. So, while you might be able to even the color across multiple surfaces, the coating would not survive foot traffic. Apply stain the easy way with Rust-Oleum® Varathane® Premium Gel Stain. Veritical/Horizontal surfaces. I have a stained fiberglass front door with side panels that is 11 years old and needs to be stripped and restained. Minwax Gel Stain is specifically designed to give you full control over the staining process and help you achieve beautiful results. Spar Urethane is an exterior grade clear coat that contains an ultraviolet light inhibitor ... it is one of only a few exterior clear coats suitable for your application. Get Rust-Oleum updates on your Facebook wall, Copyright 2018 Rust-Oleum All rights reserved, This website uses cookies and other tracking technologies (also known as pixels or beacons) to aid your experience (such as viewing videos), After all, surviving foot traffic should be your ultimate test. So, I would recommend you contact the writer and verify which product is being used. Wood. How to make Home Made Gel Stain? Stains suitable for application over fiberglass are very limited. Fiberglass. Make colour as opaque or vibrant as your dreams require. Shop Savings Services Ideas. 236ml covers up to 50 sq.ft. Model # GEL-250-500|Store SKU # 1001133746, Model # GEL-250-500 Store SKU # 1001133746, Natural Oil Gel Stain. What is the best product to use to strip stain off a plastic/fibergalss door in order to restain it. Like GelStain, Spar Urethane is applied with long, flowing strokes using a natural bristle brush. And, I also see creative applications that turn out much better than my imagination ever suggested. However, the Gel Stain is not intended for application on floors. Since stains are surface coatings on fiberglass and do not penetrate into the surface (like wood), the prep for staining does not include a stripping agent. Shop interior stains and a variety of paint products online at Lowes.com. No need for conditioner. wondering how effective is such approach.. No lap marks of grain raise. We can order online at a handsome sum, so I was thinking someone out there might have made their own version. ... some darkening is possible in some cases. This results in a deeper, richer and more natural colour on your wood projects. I'm in Australia and we don't have gel stain that many are talking about online with great success. Needs just one coat. as well as “performance cookies” to analyze your use of this website and to assist with marketing efforts. For interior use only. From floors to furniture, Varathane Premium Gel Stains are formulated not just to stain your wood but to reveal its true beauty. Varathane Classic Penetrating Oil-Based Wood Stain In Red Mahogany, 3.78 L, Varathane Premium Oil-Based Interior Wood Stain In Red Mahogany, 946 Ml. Minwax Gel Stain is specifically designed to give you full control over the staining process and help you achieve beautiful results. Subscribe to Home Depot emails and get $10 off your next in-store purchase of $100 or more. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this website, you can choose to not allow cookies from this website by updating your browser preferences. No prep at all, I did a double coat of the stain. Varathane Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. CONCLUSION: The idea of darkening engineered floors to change multiple colors into one matching color seems a bit of a stretch. Natural Oil Gel Stain. The exquisite JASMINE SCENTED, VIBRANT coloured gel stain is ideal for use in creating or refinishing tons of projects! You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF documents. Stains and sealers in one offer a rich, long-lasting stain with the protection of polyurethane and the benefit of less work. And, I am not familiar with the water-based gel stain ... have not read that label ... or seen the product demonstrated. Natural Oil Gel Stain. This product is ideal for use on al interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors and panelling. But came across following on the internet.. http://www.ehow.com/how_6822290_change-color-engineered-wood-flooring.html, http://www.ehow.com/how_7681086_change-color-laminate-flooring.html. Java Oil-Based Interior Wood Gel Stain - The Home Depot