Sweden’s Peak ... Study: Discovery Made to Genetic Link in Dog Disc Disease, Unexpected Iron Dog Joins The Swedish Adventure Racing Team. As you do that, check for any injuries. The most common track is to send the stallion to a Stallion Performance Test (Hengstleistungsprüfung) at the test center in Adelheidsdorf. Conformation hunters are also judged on their conformation, or the suitability and correctness of their physique. Hanoverians have been members of no fewer than 7 gold medal dressage teams (2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1976, 1968, and 1964). The divisions for junior riders also feature either large (at least 16 hands (64 inches, 163 cm) tall) or small horses. Take care. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to mention that I have really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. The top Hanoverian-branded international dressage horses include Salinero, Satchmo 78, Sunrise, Bonaparte 67, Brentina, and Wansuela Suerte. The best mares are awarded the State's Premium (Staatspraemie), a monetary prize provided by the government of Lower Saxony aimed at keeping the finest mares in the local breeding population. }); There are many breeds of sport horses of which the Hanoverian is just one. for (var i = 0; i < dfp728Slots.length; i++) { Warwick Rex won the individual gold medal in show jumping at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, and Fidelitas took silver at the 1964 Tokyo Games. With approx. Today, many Hanoverian fanciers are looking to improve the breed by crossbreeding the Hanoverian with other purebred horses in order to create a more sophisticated, athletic but gentle horse -- one that is able to compete in a variety of sporting events. In North America, the hunt seat style of riding features the show hunter, a highly competitive discipline. document.write(''); They recognise that the modern Hanoverian has excellent train-ability, obedience and strength, all attributes needed to produce a top class equine for today’s high class international competition. var dfpMapping728x90 = googletag.sizeMapping() In this way, the FRH removes the most common obstacle to a horse's success: expense. f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); .build(); Over the years, the Hanoverian bred horse has had unrivalled success in the major world international events. It should stand no less than 15 hand 3 inches high and no larger than 17 hands 1 inch. The Celle Stud was owned and run by the state as it still is. In addition, the Hanoverian has brawny shoulders, a deep, broad chest and sturdy legs with flexible joints. } The key to the success of the Hanoverian has been the rigorous selection of breeding stock, a large breed population, and breeders' willingness to adapt to changes in demand. The main breed characteristics are that the Hanoverian horse can be any solid colour. The Hanoverian Horse is willing, bold, sensible and intelligent.