I think he is trying to say that we sense a feeling to be lasting, when really they are happening now, and when they are lasting they seem to never end. Go The Limits Of Your Longing, By Rainer Maria Rilke. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Embody me. Image by Ethan Hoover/Unsplash, Public Domain Dedication (CC0). To find the game folders go to your steam library, right-click on the game, choose “Properties…”, choose the “Local files” tab and click the “Browse local files…” button. “Go to the Limits of Your Longing” by Rainer Maria Rilke. Instead, it is a somewhat obscure quote from Rainer Maria Rilke’s Book of Hours, I 59: “Go to the limits of your longing.” This poem is of deep significance to me. Don’t let yourself lose me. Nearby is the country they call life. But is there any way around the male pronoun in the first line? God speaks to each of us as he makes us, Then walks with us silently out of the night. Flare up like a flame and make big shadows I can move in. Given my immense respect for the translators, I tend to overlook it. http://rainer-maria-rilke.de/ (german), sehr schön. I’m curious about the translation not feeling is final’. go to the limits of your longing. Give me your hand. #Art #Auction, When we wish for things to come (in the future) th, AUCTION ENDS FRIDAY! "Go To The Limits of Your Longing" God speaks to each of us as he makes us, then walks with us silently out of the night. Plumb the depths of your desire. The On Being Project Embody me. Embody me. No feeling is the furthest.” Beautiful and moving. Just keep going. literally translated it would be I understand that anthropomorphism adds relationship and warmth (it’s why Jesus insisted on referring to God as Daddy), but is there any human way to get this nuance/meaning without it? Dario Robleto has been called a sculptural artist, a philosopher, and a “materialist poet.” He works with unconventional materials — from dinosaur fossils and meteorites to pulverized vintage records — and has been a creative partner to an eclectic range of projects. What does it mean when a feeling is the furthest? God speaks to each of us as he makes us, No feeling is final. For a while I was making litt, AUCTION ENDS FRIDAY! Man muss nur gehn: Kein Gefühl ist das fernste. We focus on both sacred and secular issues, and everything in between, because God does too. Go to the limits of your longing In response to my last blog post, a very thoughtful Loretto Sister sent me a poem by Rainer Maria Rilke . (12 Kalis #4). Let… No feeling is final. Rainer Maria Rilke; translation by Joanna Macy and Anita Barrows, Pingback: Restorying my way from longing to belonging | Thriving on the Threshold, Pingback: Practice being an instrument of peace | Thriving on the Threshold. ( Log Out /  God speaks to each of us as he makes us, At the heart of his work is a fascination with human survival and the creative response to loss. "God speaks to each of us as he makes us, then walks with us silently out of the night. Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. God speaks to each of us as he makes us, then walks with us silently out of the night. Embody me. Give me your hand. All images and text contained within this website © Copyright Claudia Dose 2020 All Rights Reserved, {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"","openAnimation":"zoomIn","exitAnimation":"zoomOut","timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"90","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"0","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}.