When the alarm goes off, it doesn't sing you a song: it hits you in the head with a baseball bat. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Many attend few understand. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. So how do you respond to that? You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain. It's got a soul, a memory all its own, and a future that never fades because it has never let go of the grasp the past has on you and so many others. of being sooner ended. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. There are three types of baseball players: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen and those who wonder what happens. “Baseball is a man maker.” – Al Spalding. 3. Baseball is like church. It's not fun to get out of bed early in the morning. I had used my sense of humor; I had called it proportion, perspective. You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. America has rolled by like an army … I love capturing moments such as the last huddle of the regular season; here my son's football team is celebrating another win to close the regular season at 8-0! I loved football. “Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.” – Yogi Berra. Many attend, few understand.” ― Leo Durocher. 1. Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all. Do what you love to do and give it your very best. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Do you crawl underneath your covers and hide? Engage in no pursuit in which you cannot look up unto God, and say, ‘Bless me in this, my Father! I have spent December making changes to many…”. www.memoriesbydezyn.etsy.com, Hello Delightful friends and family, I'm sharing a page I did this evening for my niece, Darby. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. I played football and baseball for eight years. The creed is the rule book. Of all the sports that I played - skiing, baseball, fishing - there is no greater example than golf, because you're playing against yourself and nature. See more ideas about Basketball quotes, Basketball, Sports quotes. The other half is physical. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it. You'll be an old man before you know it. Products used: Football Reflections…, Pre-Cut Scrapbook Page Kit The premade layout comes completely finished and ready for your pictures! During a time of all-out war, sports are very insignificant. Thank you for stopping by! Home runs win a lot of games, but I never understood why fans are so obsessed with them. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course. People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. When I was growing up, the first thing I wanted to be was a cowboy. “There are three types of baseball players: Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen and those who wonder what happens.” – Tommy Lasorda. You've got to give the other man his chance. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Defense to me is the key to playing baseball. Marlins Park is what I call my office in Miami, because I work for the Venezuelan Museum of Baseball and Hall of Fame. 4. ... quote from our Funny Quotes, Humor Quotes, Short Quotes, Sports Quotes categories. And we wore baseball uniforms, and we thought that we were making a contribution to baseball. Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. You could be a kid for as long as you want when you play baseball. (1856 … 100 Famous Baseball Quotes. I got a wheelbarrow, a pick and a shovel, and I started to build a baseball field during writers' strike. I always played sports when I was young. Quote: A baseball club for girls? Baseball was made for kids, and grown-ups only screw it up. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. It's your glove, your baseball glove. We have boys and girls come over and we have clinics in the spring. Winners are just people who have lost enough to learn. That lasted till I was about ten. There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball. Man is a game playing animal and a computer is another way to play games. These cookies do not store any personal information. It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball, the rules and realities of the game - and do it by watching first some high school or small-town teams. Find the perfect handmade gift, vintage & on-trend clothes, unique jewelry, and more… lots more. I'll tell you what I do. In baseball, you can't kill the clock. “Baseball is like church. You shouldn't let your losses defeat you but you should be grateful for what you've learned from them. We in the Negro leagues felt like we were contributing something to baseball, too, when we were playing. My father kept me busy from dawn to dusk when I was a kid. If you dwell on statistics you get shortsighted, if you aim for consistency, the numbers will be there at the end. the great advantage over cricket. Discover and share Sexy Baseball Sayings And Quotes. My father - until the day that my dad died - didn't know how many points you scored in a touchdown. 101 Likes, 0 Comments - Jayme (@jayme.dehart) on Instagram: “2014 is over and I couldn't be more ready for 2015. High school football posters! Everything is packaged together in a sturdy cellophane bag and sent to your home. I also added the scores of all of the games on the back of the layout. 2. Now that basketball is over it's on to the baseball field for my brother who also coaches the varsity…. But perspective is distance.