As your German Shepherd grows and gets the right nutrition (among other things), the cartilage gets stronger and stronger. WE have a 1 year old German Shepard female dog. Highly intelligent easy to train and obedient german shepherds are well known for their erect ears and attentive expression. The key is to be patient and give those ears time to develop on their own before stepping in. Required fields are marked *. This is a sign that the cartilage and muscles are developing normally. Let’s take a poll. I would love my Allie with or without pointy ears and I’m sure you would say the same about your GSD. If you need some ideas for durable dog toys that can withstand those chomping jaws, then check out this article for my picks of the best tough German Shepherd chew toys. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Some ideas for foods that may help boost your pup’s ears include cottage cheese, yogurt, and chicken feet. My german shepherd puppy s ears were already up but one or both went down again. How old was your German Shepherd puppy when its ears finally stood up? Cottage cheese and yogurt both have plenty of calcium (without overdoing it), and chicken feet are a natural source of glucosamine, which helps strengthen cartilage. 5 Common Questions about German Shepherd Puppy Ears. As I already mentioned, teething is the most common reason why those ears refuse to perk up. I was lucky that Allie’s ears stood up very early, but that doesn’t mean this is the norm. My puppy is 13 weeks and his ears stands up randomly but most of the time they're down. At What Age do German Shepherd Puppies Ears Stand up? Nobody likes dealing with parasites, but unfortunately, they’re a reality when dealing with puppies who love sticking their noses in “dirty” places (and sometimes eating things they shouldn’t!). Make sure to do poop patrol regularly to check for signs of worms that may be stealing all your pup’s nutrition. Now let s look at the typical german shepherd puppy ear stages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erman Shepherd Dog HQ is not claiming to be an expert on German Shepherds, nor do we provide veterinary advice. Yuck. And voila – straight, pointy German Shepherd ears! Don’t you love the quintessential look of a German Shepherd? You can check the table and read the article. German shepherd ears should never be rubbed excessively or played with by human hands. Occasionally, she will put them up one at a … Others may go up; then fall to the side, cross over, and then fall back down before ever standing correctly. When went to visit my German Shepherd, Allie (pictured above at 7 weeks old), her ears were floppy and undeniably precious. I was just told that I could damage them by touching, petting them, etc. The puppy is learning to be a dog. If you’re in this phase and your dog’s ears still haven’t stood up, now is the time to be a little concerned.