To do that type the following code in the command window. TWRP Image File for Galaxy S10 will be added once available. But don’t worry. Newer software versions aren’t yet supported because Samsung hasn’t released the kernel source code yet. Congratulations on a job well done! Browse to and select the file. TWRP Install (Requires TWRP 2.8.4 or higher already installed): No Play Store? The error appeared at the stage of flashing the patched AP file (step 4.6). The phone model number is g970u1. As I am pressing the button combination to enter twrp, I get this message. 2) Once rooted, only then it’s advised to install TWRP. Required fields are marked *. For example, a stock device is protected by Android Verified Boot. If it enters Download Mode, let me know. Yup, I was rooted with Magisk.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Please try entering the Download Mode again (Hold Volume Down + Bixby button, and then connect it to the PC via USB cable, while holding those two buttons). If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install. Also, please share your phone’s model number. MUST READ – Various Issues on the Galaxy S10 & How to Fix Them. I have an Exynos SM-G975F (TEL-Australia) with TWRP and Magisk from following this guide. .\tar cf twrp-beyond1lte.img.tar recovery.img. TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones.

Choose recovery and swipe to flash. I will try and personally help you get it up and running. This procedure will wipe your device completely, including the internal storage, maybe even multiple times. Hi John, would you please share your phone’s full model number? First of all, download the TWRP recovery image of the Galaxy S10 Plus. You have just succeeded to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e, and it is also rooted with Magisk. Simply changing the file’s format from “.img” to “.tar” isn’t going to cut it. Team Win takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur from installing or using TWRP.

Select TWRP Flash. Your email address will not be published. If you’d like to root your S10 via Magisk, then follow this guide. According to topjohnwu (Magisk developer), Samsung has introduced some features in newer devices like the Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series that have hindered the custom development process and things like Root and TWRP. After 5.1 phone shows only warning about not original soft and bootloop – can’t enter Download Mode to flash stock or open Recovery… brick? 2. This has led the phone to enter prernormal KG/RMM state. Make sure that you follow each and every step in the given order. or the Development Process?

For those who want to root by flashing SuperSu, this is a recommended custom recovery. The old procedure was depreciated, plus TWRP has also been updated to be used with Android 10. Rooted OS with Magisk: Hold the Power, Bixby, and Volume Up buttons together. Which version of Magisk did you use to patch the TWRP and AP firmware files? Continue the Driver installation May I know if it’s the S10/S10+/S10e? I have leaped into the s10+ verizon variant, I am coming from a Moto x pure edition, nougat 7.0, unlocked, rooted, twrp recovery. Reminder, Unlocking Bootloader is an important step before you install TWRP recovery. Do one thing, get in touch with me via Facebook or Twitter.

And do replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file. The first step is to download the TWRP image and patch it using Magisk Manager.

After unlocking the bootloader, you can easily install TWRP on your device. And after the downloading finishes. In order to flash it to your Galaxy S10 using Odin, it must be renamed and properly compressed in the “.tar” file format. Hi Sim. Unofficial and official builds of TWRP for Galaxy S10 devices is now available. Here are some of them : Furthermore, let’s now take a look at some of the disadvantages of installing TWRP recovery.

Please reflash the stock firmware and follow the new instructions. Install procedure For ADB Fastboot : So thank you very much…. I didn’t check for root after. Proceed at your own risk and understanding. This means your phone’s warranty will be void (destroyed) and you will not be able to use apps or services like Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, etc that rely on KNOX’s integrity. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP.

-Make button combination into TWRP and flash Multi-disabler2.2 In this guide, I will show you how to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e. So, if you wish to install TWRP, you can do so now and also root your Galaxy S10 device simultaneously using Magisk. I will retry this and make sure that it works. Same here… Download mode is ok.

Disables File-Based Encryption (FBE), VaultKeeper, Process Authentication, and prevent stock recovery restoration. Unrooted System: Press the Power button to power up normally will boot your Galaxy S10 into the Unrooted System. Navigate to the phone’s storage and select the TWRP recovery image file. Hi Antonio. Team Win strives to provide a quality product.

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Now, if you have TWRP installed as your custom recovery then the process is the same for booting the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy S10+, and the Galaxy S10e into it. Alternatively, you can simply transfer the multi-disabler zip file to the phone’s storage before any time before step #3. I, TheCustomDroid.com, or any of its members shall not be held liable for any damage caused to your device by following this procedure or after it. -Patch AP with Magisk Go ahead and install some root-enabled apps on the device, or use Magisk Hide to cloak root from apps like Pokemon Go, etc. TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 Plus: Method 1. Hi again. Your email address will not be published. Once the phone is rooted, you will need to download TWRP recovery for your Galaxy S10, patch it using Magisk Manager, then flash the patched TWRP recovery image using the Odin tool. Once done, TWRP will be able to decrypt the data partition. Not necessarily. Hi VeeTeeDev, that’s probably because the old TWRP builds do not support the newer Android version. Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus Just like with Magisk Module, we need to first unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S10 devices. Rooting/flashing any custom binaries trips the KNOX counter, which means you cannot use any apps that rely on its integrity. After the said period, the KG/RMM state will turn back to normal and the OEM Unlock toggle will be visible again. The ROM only supports ASII and ASIG. Any ideas?

When your device boots into the OS, complete the initial setup and connect it to the internet via mobile data or WiFi. BTW, if you try to boot your phone into the OS now, does it succeed? Then press the Volume Down + Bixby buttons together. 61734912 bytes transferred in 0.426 secs (144917633 bytes/sec)” I’m on S10+ SM-G973F Android 10, trying to get magisk and twrp to work. Is removing Bixby your only reason for rooting?

Please bear all of the above in mind when considering the installation methods listed below, and refer to the device's TWRP support thread on XDA for detailed information about installation and the associated hazards. As soon as the screen turns off, quickly press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Bixby buttons together until the Bootloader Warning message appears. Although I will try to keep this post updated with the latest download links, I still recommend checking the original XDA thread for the latest TWRP builds according to the software version installed on your phone. In order to decrypt, you have to follow the instructions under step #4. as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options. The method that you used is what this guide followed previously. Hello and thanks again… I know this is dragging for too long. ABSOLUTELY, the best set of instructions on Rooting & installing TWRP on a S10/S10+/S10e that I have seen to date!

There are quite a few benefits of installing TWRP on Galaxy S10.

Please provide more details so that I can help you. Just follow the instructions below. Comment Policy: Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I just tried it based on the new instructions and it worked. -Patch twrp-beyond1lte-3.3.1-4_ianmacd.img with Magisk dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/13d60000.ufs/by-name/recovery Using TWRP or any custom recovery for that matter, you can easily flash the audio mods, camera mods and many other mods which can bring out the best from your device. Before starting the installation process on the Galaxy S10, do keep the following things in mind. multidisabler-samsung-2.2.zip). Also, make sure that you fully understand the procedure before you perform it.

Let me know how it goes. All TWRP does is … Magisk Manager will now patch the file with the latest version of Magisk. Double-click on the ‘Odin3 3.13.1.exe’ executable file to launch the Odin tool. Charge your Galaxy S10 device to a sufficient battery level (above 40% at least). Learn how your comment data is processed. Here you will find the list of officially supported devices and instructions for installing TWRP on those devices. Hi Matury69. Hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on any empty space inside the folder.

Is there a way to unlock bootloader on this model? See the “.\” added to the command?