nope, as long as we see a health bar go up, we are good. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.

Hopefully I don't have any issues. The sword also grants the ws to jobs that could not use savage blade before. ", I asked myself and decided to try it out with my level 22 gladiator which I only leveled through FATEs and leves because I needed Provoke for my warrior. The tank never communicated. It is absolutely the responsibility of every player to read their skills' tooltips, read the help section, and learn the game. With vorpal, like raging rush, you need to focus on nailing all hits AND the crit. In the age of information, ignorance is a choice. Most of them listen. That means DEX is a big influence in your build.

Savage Blade damage scales extremely well with tp. One day later I queued again for Low Level Roulette, and again, I got Tam-Tara with a Gladiator as the tank. Levels [].

Duration Effect: Damage varies with TP. I fell into this pitfall when I first started running dungeons. Forgot spirts w/in, I am taru so never used but if you are not taru its good. Anywho: plds, which of the three do you prefer?

I don't have pld but I do very well with vorpal blade on blu and that's without really investing in time and figuring out dex stuff and mostly just loading in str and eating sushi of course.

Savage Blade damage scales extremely well with tp. Hurting and healing are in every game pretty much. That sounds really interesting to me.

I tried to explain it once, but the tank straight up refused, and literally said "This is how I fight.". That means DEX is a big influence in your build. It can be solved relatively easily by explaining the difference between the two abilities. its because of the Kaja Sword from ambu. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2020 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. Mobs you dont want to skillchain on can be savage blade spammed too. This page has been accessed 85,397 times. Vorpal has a higher damage potential, but is highly irregular. user: Goltana101. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I always try to explain things to people if they obviously don't know what they are doing, but I have the feeling that they don't read the chat. Its tp bonus boost is awesome. Hell or you can go PLD/THF with a fellow PLD/THF and both of you use Sneak Attack + Spinning slash on each other. It was something I picked up from watching other tanks back when I played as a healer. I'd imagine it would look a lot like a COR's Savage Blade set- Naegling, use your +WSD AF/Relic where possible/appropriate, Meg.

COR with moonshade and anarchy +2 gun has a whopping +1250 tp bonus applied to every single weaponskill. Gamer Escape: Gaming News, Reviews, Wikis, and Podcasts Gaming Community featuring News, Reviews, Wikis, and Podcasts The reason they're not responding is probably three-fold. I'm not sure if anyone had thought about this before but if you don't break the sword for Salvage blade(Since it's almost useless.)

But I'll do this step by step. Manipulating AI to keep monsters attacking you is not. It just allows you to "play dress-up" with the character models in FFXI and view characters with any piece of gear you choose, as well as any spell/WS animation. This was my Vorpal set. Then they added a sword with stats approaching REMA swords that's easy to get which adds 15% to Savage Blade damage, on top of making SB available to people who haven't done the quest for it. They'd have to read what the NPCs are saying though. I have yet to pt since I've unlocked Savage Blade, so I'm not yet aware of what it can do damage wise. The gladiator pulled the group with Shield Lob and everyone started doing damage but no two seconds later everyone got aggro - except the tank. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed.

You nail the crit and it goes up to 600-700. Its fuuuun. Still need the climb ; ; Pld 73, nin 71 so no Nyzul love. How exactly can I find the dat for a specific model of item? Flashbacks of the previous runs, mixing with screams of aggroing party members and Riot Blade-ing gladiators. Posts: 524. This is exactly the logic I used when I started tanking in FFXIV.

On top of that, we just got a sword that gives a 15% damage boost to SB and attack bonus based on the players number of buffs. So it's not crazy for someone who is clueless to think Gladiator or Paladin is supposed to do damage. One thing I can conclude from going from PS3 to PC to now playing PS4, while it's not impossible to view your tool tips, it's not all that easy on consoles.

Pld 73, and as I'm bored in a computer lab (not gaming atm), I wanted to kill a little time by asking what experienced plds prefer. Still seen my RDM brother do redonkulous dmg with this WS sometimes x.x;; Thanks for this, Swift over Vorpal has been my preference (although soloing I can usually get vorpal just a little over Swift, stacking acc and dex). You can talk to Curilla again after obtaining Curilla's Alter Ego or pass through the dialogue for it. ; ; vorpal, given that you are willing to put some time and gil into making a good DEX/ACC/STR vorpal set. I've always liked the way Uriel Blade looks and wanted to change the Savage Blade dat mods to be Uriel Blade, for use when I'm doing light skillchain with T.Assault. This page was last modified on 16 August 2020, at 14:51. Posts: 6838. Thanks for all of this. Game: FFXI. I can rip 30-40 k savage blades off every 2 or 3 seconds on COR. They have no idea what an aggro system is seeing as it's a feature only found in MMOs. It entirely depends on the race you're playing on (or whatever race you're viewing yourself on, if using plastic surgeon, keep in mind). Luckily, I got another low level gladiator and this time I only auto-hit the first pack of mobs. Savage Blade I usually only see in campaign, so I haven't seen it do any particularly uber damage yet.

New tanks just assume that because Riot Blade does more damage, it generates more hate. FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. Thanks again for this input ^^. Steiner, Auron, etc. Because healers do nothing but stand there and spam cure/Physick right?

On top of that, we just got a sword that gives a 15% damage boost to SB and attack bonus based on the players number of buffs. No difficulty in that at all apparently. It was already one of, if not the top sword WS. COR with moonshade and anarchy +2 gun has a whopping +1250 tp bonus applied to every single weaponskill. A decent option for people that doesn't do HNM. Savage has always been good with high tp, everybody getting tp bonus and the acc to use whatever weapon they want just put it into S tier all the time. Combined with stupid amounts of acc from supports, savage blade scales its damage HEAVILY with fTP. At least it's some use of the trial weapon. "Is gladiator tanking that hard? I queued for a Low Level Duty Roulette with my Monk and entered Tam-Tara, together with a Gladiator, a Conjurer and an Archer. The "Savage Blade" damage boost applies to all hits in the Weapon Skill. Is it best for basically any job that can use a sword? A non-crit full hit vorpal can probably land for about 300-400.

Four days ago I made an interesting experience.

I basically just did Fast Blade -> Riot Blade -> Flash over and over and over and that's how I tanked. Damage varies with, Savage Blade is only unlockable to the jobs listed above, regardless of the sword skill level another job may attain; due to the necessity of equipping, Paladins, Blue Mages, and Rune Fencers can not start the quest, Any job, regardless of skill level or completion of. What kind of gear are you running with? A non-crit full hit vorpal can probably land for about 300-400. On top of that, we just got a sword that gives a 15% damage boost to SB and attack bonus based on the players number of buffs. Not hard to get if you do ambu and packs a punch! Savage Blade is only available to Paladins, Blue Mages, Warriors, Red Mages, Dark Knights, Corsairs, and Rune Fencers. This is the main thing.

Basically the only reason not to use SB now is if you need to make a level 2 Light SC off the Light you already made with SB. Seriously tho: This is the fourth time in a row I got Tam-Tara from the Duty Roulette and everytime I have a gladiator that only uses riot blade. Lighttaru, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Starting with "A Realm Reborn" and the expansions include "Heavensward", "Stormblood", and "Shadowbringers"! I'm still doing so, only nowadays it's Reddit instead of Allakazham. If geared properly vorpal will out do your other ws's (Other than atonement) constantly. Apparently we don't have to worry about ability usage, emnity generation, mp management, dodge mechanics, etc. FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. Savage Blade, Swift Blade, or Vorpal Blade. EDIT: To build on that, Tanking is the hardest class to do if you've ever played MMOs. If you are not wearing any kind of DD gear when you vorpal (Whether you full time hybrid builds or not we're talking strictly vorpal) then you SHOULD be able to put out decent numbers. If you are not wearing any kind of DD gear when you vorpal (Whether you full time hybrid builds or not we're talking strictly vorpal) then you might not be able to put out decent numbers.

Savage Blade was a big winner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. DPS is "see health bar go down" and healing is "see health bar go up." Any idea which dat mods are for Uriel Blade and Savage Blade so I can do an even swap. I know this isn't one of the three asked, but what the hell I'll throw that one in. You said you are 73 will you unlock atone at 75 or still need climb/wpn?

Thing is, if you're doing self-SC there's no Fusion opener to make those Light SC (other than from REMA weapons you wouldn't be using in this situation), so instead people just spam SB.

FFXI was my first MMO, and at the time, I read, rea, then read some more just to learn enough not to embarrass myself. If you are participating in the Trust Initiative to obtaining Alter Egos, this will prioritize over the weapon skill quest. Its fuuuun. There's a good chance these new players don't understand combos and they just think their newest skill is going to be the most effective.

Someone on this sub made a thread the other day saying "why would I ever use Savage if Riot is stronger?".

Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser.

I tried to communicate with the tank, to give him tips about the gladiator low level rotation, but nothing worked, he didn't respond, as if he were a mindless killing machine, only existing to Riot Blade everything.

Altana Viewer does NOT automatically make changes for you. I'd use swift blade if there are SAMs(Gekko) or other jobs that can close darkness in the party with. It then has a place on-screen that shows you the file path of the file you just pulled, when you changed a piece of gear, or viewed an animation, etc. 1) Typing without a keyboard is hell, 2) They've probably never played an MMO and don't understand how heavy communication is, and 3) They may be bots or idiots. Savage Blade damage scales extremely well with tp.

A community for those with interest in Square Enix's original MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI (FFXI, FF11). Paladins, Blue Mages, and Rune Fencers can not start the quest Old Wounds before level 71 due to the necessity of equipping Sapara of Trials. Well said, but its still a nuisance, especially if you try to help them understand the tanking mechanics and they don't answer/read it or get angry. The gladiator was using Riot Blade excessively. While other jobs can obtain the required 240 Sword skill through the use of merits and special equipment, they will be unable to use Savage Blade. After this run I logged out, too frightened to think much about it, and went to sleep crying.