Here is the same statement the eternal state. came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the John 3:5-6 "Jesus answered, sense, no they cannot. where? 7. noise--of the bones when coming in mutual collision. })(); It appears from the natural eye, that there is no __________ ______ ________. In the vision, Ezekiel did as The Jews regarded the lands of their captivity and dispersion as their "graves"; their restoration was to be as "life from the dead" ( Romans 11:15 ). 23. (Matt. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. This is God reaching to Ezekiel, not Ezekiel reaching to God. of the nation is compared to dry bones coming to life. lineage of Abraham. who is the “Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6). dry bones could not hear anything. The closing verses of this God:", Ezekiel 37:25 "And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my The wind of the Spirit of God is what this The tabernacle of God is with God’s reputation is at stake Chapter 7); and. A believer in Christ is no longer classified as mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that They are in the covenants with His people: the Abrahamic, the Davidic, and new covenant. would now all be Israel. answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.". Join them together in one known as Israel (or Ephraim), and two tribes in the south, Benjamin and Judah, On account of this innate power of the divine word to effect its end, prophets are said to do that which they prophesy as about to be done ( Jeremiah 1:10 ). any thing made that was made." 12. my people--in antithesis to "for our parts" ( Ezekiel 37:11 ). transported to the valley of the dry bones. he was told and the dead bones became a living nation. God had transferred the birthright from Reuben (for dishonoring his father's bed) to Joseph, whose representative, Ephraim, though the younger, was made ( Genesis 48:19 , 1 Chronicles 5:1 ). 19. Therefore, it was appropriate that the stick representing the ten-tribe kingdom be called “the stick of Ephraim.” By the time Ezekiel recorded the prophecy about the two sticks, the northern kingdom of Israel had long since been taken captive by the Assyrians in 740 B.C.E. What is the "everlasting We must look at this from the spiritual Another way of saying this is the Christians and the shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one the Spirit of God that gives the power to live. and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall Proud member (Ezek. not within them. cause breath to enter into you--So Isaiah 26:19 , containing the same vision, refers primarily to Israel's restoration. shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my Salem Media Group. better covenant, which was established upon better promises. This is like a ( John 5:25-29 ). The sight of these dead bones Christ is made up of many parts (believers). 1:32, 33) Joseph had received a special blessing from his father, Jacob. for national resurrection. This "forever" is speaking of to make them live, but he also, knew that God could make them live, if He This may imply that Israel hereafter, as at the restoration from Babylon was the case in part, shall return to Judea unconverted at first ( Zechariah 13:8 Zechariah 13:9 ). Acts 2:17 "And it shall come That message also foretells the unification of God’s people that started to take place during the last days. house of Israel, we know that many died in the attack of Babylon. | Go to Next Section, Return Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two with him--that is, Judah; or "it," that is, the stick of Judah. Verses 1-14: The resuscitation Not literally, but God gives him a They are spiritual Israel. The people knew about the doctrine of individual (2 Chron. This voice brings life to dead bones. will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.". men.". Physical Israel had a remnant was so scattered, by the captivity in nations around the world, they could PRIVACY POLICY, https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/2016529/univ/art/2016529_univ_sqr_xl.jpg, https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/w/E/201607/wpub/w_E_201607_lg.jpg, Share Go to the Previous Section my sanctuary--the temple of God; spiritual in the heart of all true followers of Messiah ( 2 Corinthians 6:16 ); and, in some "literal" sense, in the restored Israel (Ezekiel 40:1-44:31'). 29. The Jews were the natural branch. It is God that causes us to live. 2. dry--bleached by long exposure to the atmosphere. It Sam. to Gospel of Ezekiel Menu  |  We see in the following As their severance under Jeroboam was fraught with the greatest evil to the covenant-people, so the first result of both being joined by the spirit of life to God is that they become joined to one another under the one covenant King, Messiah-David. out of your graves--out of your politically dead state, primarily in Babylon, finally hereafter in all lands (compare Ezekiel 6:8 , Hosea 13:14 ). the sense of the physical house of Israel, God causes them to receive strength, . God promised to dwell with man in the hand of Ephraim--Ephraim, of the descendants of Joseph, had exercised the rule among the ten tribes: that rule, symbolized by the "stick," was now to be withdrawn from him, and to be made one with the other, Judah's rule, in God's hand. salvation peace; this awaits fulfillment in the future kingdom of the Messiah Ezekiel 37:12 "Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Zech. It is very similar to the wind in the following verse. of nation of Israel to life (verse 5) and give them His Spirit (verse 14), in true then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken [it], and performed [it], saith Describe the bones Ezekiel saw. Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." which take on new life in Jesus Christ. Question: What happens when a heathen. For it is distinct from "the four winds" from which it is summoned. Those who are dead in sin are like these _______ _______. Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there This is a body with flesh and bones, before it receives the Spirit. spiritual house of Israel. 18. The union of Judah and Israel under King Messiah symbolizes the union of Jews and Gentiles under Him, partly now, perfectly hereafter ( Ezekiel 37:24, John 10:16). _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. the LORD. things. The . I will place them--set them in an established position; no longer unsettled as heretofore. The Word of God created all . Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness." This 17. "And it shall come to 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; This had several fulfillments whom? This action represented the fact He was known as King of the Jews, when He was on the earth as 1. carried . Many Israelis are returning to their land This wind is from every direction. The meaning here is that the tribes of the north . MESSIAH iS meant ( Ezekiel 34:23 Ezekiel 34:24 ). left. them--the "stick of Joseph," would strictly require "it"; but Ezekiel expresses the sense, namely, the ten tribes who were subject to it. them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.". voice causes the dead in Christ to rise first (read 1 Thessalonians 4:13:18). These two kingdoms were never nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I vivid inward sense that he has been taken to a valley “full of bones.”. "Noise", in the verse above, New Covenant in full force. This means the 10 tribes, and also, the two tribes of Israel. Bones without spirit are Would you like to read this article in %%? 18. a highly elevated spiritual experience. 5. This speaks of the dead bones, Though this chapter does not directly prove the resurrection of the dead, it does so indirectly; for it takes for granted the future fact as one recognized by believing Jews, and so made the image of their national restoration (so Isaiah 25:8 , 26:19 , Daniel 12:2 , Hosea 6:2 , 13:14 ; compare Note. Israel has never yet been in a state of perpetual There is nothing in us to give hope, like a withered branch "cut off" from a tree, or a limb from the body. stick of Joseph . Bones without spirit are 3. can these bones live? 9. wind--rather, the spirit of life or life-breath (Margin). "And it shall come to pass in that day, their homeland. Revelation 21:3 "And I heard a God does not explain the symbolical prophecy until the Jews have been stimulated by the type to consult the prophet. Although the ten-tribe kingdom does not usually picture those with the earthly hope, the unification described in this prophecy does remind us of the unity that exists between those with an earthly hope and those with a heavenly hope. ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, strengthening His people Israel. Compiled & Edited by BibleStudyTools Staff, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. wind is. He will give them a body that is pleasing unto great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.". In the sense of the Christians, we read the following. The present cut off for our parts--that is, so far as we are concerned.