Army Professionalism builds up over time while drilling your armies, eventually unlocking abilities like building supply depots or recruiting generals for less monarch power. It doesn't have any policies that provide direct military advantage, but Influence/Defensive (MIL: -0.03 monthly war exhaustion, +10% fort defense) offers the only way to get ticking war exhaustion reduction if you're not taking Innovative and if you're not Christian or Muslim and thus can't be Defender of the Faith. Religious: With Religious, you'll have high unrest in freshly conquered land but ultimately lower unrest in converted lands than you would get with Humanist, through +1 missionaries, +3% missionary strength, +1 tolerance of the true faith, and +2% missionary strength vs. heretics. Once you get the imperialism CB, religious ideas are totally useless. Colonists can now be used to improve development in colonial provinces instead of colonising new territory. It’s possible COVID got in the way of any roll-out plans, but it’s equally likely that they’ve abandoned the idea. New Russian government types that unlock abilities based on your monarch’s skills. Adds the ability to generate a Random New World, replacing the Americas with something totally different every time you play with the option selected, to put some real discovery back into the age of discovery. Military power is required to unlock ideas within these groups. +20% force limit doesn't provide much military benefit past the midgame, but a larger army will increase the AI's estimation of your strength and can prevent the formation of coalitions. A place to share content, ask questions and/or talk about the grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV by Paradox Development Studio. National Focus allows you to decide which area of progress (Military, Diplomatic, or Administrative) at a given time, pulling points from the other two to bolster it. Humanist makes life a lot easier for Poland, and I mean a lot. Cradle of Civilization makes the Islamic world feel as rich, detailed, and diverse as Western Christendom, opening up areas like Persia and Anatolia for all kinds of new political situations. The order varies depending on the game but almost always the same first four. Basically, it’s a way to ensure that if you can’t have the money, nobody can. Unfortunately, it's only available to republics. New mechanics and events for Theocracies. Defensive: The only direct military benefit here is +15% army morale, which is the most important stat in the early game but less valuable towards the end; indirect benefit comes from +1 yearly army tradition, which also increases army morale in addition to providing stronger leaders. Religious is a viable option over Humanism; that CB helps immensely against the Ottomans and the Muscovites (Don't let them form Russia). New and expanded mission tress for over 20 nations. All rights reserved. I had expanded far eastward, annexing Muscovy and Sibir before 1600. I always find that I spend the most time on choosing my idea groups, so I have listed what I would recommend for idea groups. Strong policies with Influence (ADM: -10% advisor costs, -10% aggressive expansion), and with Offensive and Quality, as above. Adds the ability to mark foreign territory as part of your eventual plans for conquest, so your AI allies won’t take it by mistake and other countries that want those same provinces will know not to be friends with you. Aristocratic is a must. My favourite of the lot is Siberian Frontiers, which allow a strong Russian nation to fill in their historical borders without having to spend an idea group or two on acquiring colonists. They occur at regular intervals (5 years) based on the nation's idea groups (not all groups are on the same interval). If not, it can wait a bit. The best case for this pack are the missions – the free patch completely overhauled the mission system for the better, but the non-DLC missions for England, Scotland and Irish minors are a bit bland, so you’ll want the DLC missions instead. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Adds the Nation Designer, which allows you to paint your own, customized nation onto the map. Adds Ages to the game with different rules and objectives to model thematic eras from the game’s time period: Age of Discovery, Age of Reformation, Age of Absolutism, and Age of Revolutions. Colonizing nations who own a New World province with gold mines can now use treasure fleets to take advantage of that wealth… but they are vulnerable to pirates when doing so. theres also the important of being able to declare at will on the day truces end to avoid coalitions. A GOOD strategy?! That's why those idea groups are so good. Very funny. You select its culture, religion, name, stats, and starting provinces down to a fine level of detail. However, this option should not be disregarded either as it is extremely useful in the right circumstances. Great Powers gain new diplomatic interactions to influence non-Great Power nations. Once activated, a policy cannot be deactivated for ten years. Policies become enabled when a pair of 2 idea groups are fully unlocked. Build a plan and determine if what you want is possible before you even start warming up your armies on the launchpad. As such, you take religious just for deus vult. Coal is… well, coal. [5], /Europa Universalis IV/common/defines.lua, It is still possible to revert to the old system by changing "AI_USES_HISTORICAL_IDEA_GROUPS" to 1 in, The weights and their modifiers are defined in, /Europa Universalis IV/common/ideas/00_basic_ideas.txt, https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/index.php?title=Idea_groups&oldid=127314. Bahmani idea 7: Great Madrasa of the Deccan, Bengal Sultanate idea 4: Attract Sufi Scholars, Brunswicker idea 4: Herzog August Library, Deccani Sultanate idea 2: Promote Deccani Regional Identity, Hamburger idea 5: School of the Johanneum, Lotharingian idea 4: New Carolingian Renaissance, Mainzian idea 2: Center of Religious Learning, Mughal idea 3: Ibadat Khana - House of Worship, Northumbrian idea 6: The Literary and Philosophical Society, Trebizondian idea 3: Legacy of the Alexiad, Frankfurter idea 1: Establish the Buchmesse, Malayan sultanate idea 4: Classical Malay, Tuscan idea 1: Birthplace of the Renaissance. Humanist is better. Hell, influence ideas has become a staple of most of my campaigns it's just a great idea group to have in any situation especially f you plan to have many allies and vassals and plan on doing quite a bit of expansion. Improvements to the Merchant Republic government type. New mechanics for the Confucian religion focusing on Meritocracy, and allowing Confucians to ‘harmonize’ other religions rather than converting their followers. The decreased military tech will be very helpful later, the manpower is helpful early on, increased core cost will deter aggression against you, and the extra diplomat will help more with vassal management. They could even opt out of colonization altogether after getting the border they needed. quite simply religious is a must have first. Administrative I'd like no later than fourth to make the most of of the reduced admin costs and mercenary assistance while your manpower can't yet take nukes to the face.