This makes it incredibly easy to install the hangers and then bolt the system in place as a unit, instead of fighting to slip the rubber hangers over fixed mounts. Clipz provides the subframe … Hopefully, I can find something. They're 20mm wider, than all other trailing arms. Postage can be arranged at expense to the buyer. As promised I have some updates for the exhaust system. Prices on these start at $170 for Bilstein Sports each, and that’s “STARTING AT” on eBay. Lastly, we supply a gearbox mount designed for the 6 speed gearbox which is used to… mount the gearbox. Regardless of which option you go with, it will be cheaper to find and buy any wheels your heart desires in 4-lugs, even filling/redrilling. Pros: wide selection of wheels from street to racing applications. Essential for V8 M60’s swap for example. This happens, because counterfeiters use mold of a forged control arm to cast theirs. Not fun. The hangers are bolted to the body. However you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent. Only a slight improvement in brakes. Make sure you understand, what you're doing all this work for, whether it's brakes, wheels, or just something to keep you occupied. I plan on making a second diff mount. I think 4.10 might be too low. The reason for this is that the E34 mounts make the engine sit too high and enable too much engine movement, especially in cornering, which can cause the exhaust manifold to come into contact with the steering column, fully locking it in place. Onto the E30 rear subframe swap. Cons: expensive (easy $1000) and rare to find. That crappy throttle lever is still giving me problems. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Included in this kit is a set of stainless steel pipes, which completely replace the original plastic ones. For more information, please see below. Here you can change your Privacy preferences. You don't want to try and find parts at a great price, just to have to spend over $100 on bolts. 84-85 318i models had drum brakes and had no provisions for calipers. – E30 Gearbox mount to fit the 6 speed gearbox. – Custom made engine bed I am now going to sell the e36 diff and find an e30 diff with a good ratio. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. When you visit our website, it may store information through your browser from specific services, usually in the form of cookies. Trailing Arms w/hubs and ABS sensors We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. E30 / E36 subframe lowering kit developed by Clipz gives more space by lowering the subframe. Unlike Z3(I6), you can use this option. Very important to find a '96+ E36 M3 to source parts from, but if you can't find all of these parts in one place, put this kit together. Click to enable/disable Google Analytics tracking code. Bolts right up. Included in this kit is a set of stainless steel pipes, which completely replace the original plastic ones. In a previous posts, I mentioned that the roundel for the rear panel did not fit with the grommets. E36 M3 control arm doesn't only move wheel forward, but it also moves wheel outward by a few millimeters. The bolt spacing on the E36 joint is 45mm, and on the E30 it is 50mm. ), and hubs as one complete assembly will bolt right on to the E30 subframe. And another angle. BMW E30 Subframe – Kit 1 – 5 Stud E36 Evo suspension – RHD, BMW E30 M3 Carbon Fibre C Pillar Kit (Gel Coat), BMW E30 M3 Carbon Fibre Side Skirts (Gel Coat). These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Many people consider this to be the "right way" to do this swap. This is one of the solutions that I have seen. BMW E30 Subframe – Kit 1 – 5 Stud E36 Evo suspension – RHD £ 1,649.99 Our RHD 5 stud engine bed is designed to ONLY be used with E36 M3 Evo front suspension. Pros: ability to run stock-offset wheels 15" and up. Link bellow will take you through my E36 M3 strut build. Something went wrong. It is worth noting that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our website and the services we are able to offer. Recently watched my son do them on his e30 5 lug swap. Engine mounts are supplied, including the rubber components and these are made specific to fit alongside each engine bed. E30 / E36 subframe lowering kit developed by Clipz gives more space by lowering the subframe. Very often, you see people debate on what offset wheels they car run, and this debate is largely due to this very significant difference. I might install another set somewhere in the system so it is more manageable to install and for servicing other systems. The plenum chamber makes it difficult to run a standard setup, so we supply a relocation kit which will work alongside a MK2 Renault Clio brake servo and brake master cylinder, however we do NOT supply either of these. Converting to M-Roadster/M-Coupe rear 5-lug = MONEY. It is identical to a 328 flywheel but lighter. PLEASE WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO BELOW WHICH CLARIFIES WHICH MODIFICATIONS NEED TO BE DONE TO WORK ALONGSIDE OUR ENGINE BED, The kit includes the following items: Improvement. All of our beds have been fully race track tested for the last 5 years and we have never had an issue. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. 318ti hub is 5mm shorter, than Z3 hub. – Stainless steel heater matrix pipes Personally, I don't know of any BMW or aftermarket wheels in that offset and still be 5x120. Installed and it works. They have been made to hold the heater control valve and allow you to run hot water to the heater matrix, completely avoiding the S50/S54 plenum chamber. – Custom made engine bed ABS sensors wouldn't have to come out, and. When fitting a S50 or S54 lump to an E30 chassis, the car accelerates very quickly which a lot of kits do not account for. Take and advantage and buy the subframe lowering kit in combination with the E30 V8 engine mounts. You MUST use 96+ E36 M3 control arms and offset CABs (Control Arm Bushings). × Used '96+ E36 M3 control arms from your local BMW shop's scrap bin. $100 Control Arm Solution You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies but opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. E36 use 3-wire ABS sensors, while e30's use 2-wire. – zinc galvanized fasteners I strongly recommend using trailing arms that you have on the car. These TAs use standard 75mm bearing, that's used on BMW 3-series for nearly 2 decades and Porsche's. If you are doing this swap purely for selection of wheels, STOP. Bent parts are no fun to work with, not to mention, potentially dangerous. ALSO, these TA's are reinforced with A-support beam, and extra support at shock mounting and bearing housing. Right to left and left to right, makes them bolt right up. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. This is obviously not good so we modified the front subframe to keep the twin pickup. I used 304 SS V band clamps to attached the system to the headers. Clutch: The ultimate clutch is of course E36 M3 but some people on the budget use an E36 328 clutch (it is the same diameter as M3 clutch).Those who use a 328 clutch can also use a flywheel out of an E46 323I or a 2.8L Z3. Pros: complete bolt-on. I was really set on the 3.91 ratio, and I know that the gear set could be swapped into an e30 medium case diff, but probably not cost effective at this time. Quick and easy and gets my nod for being a slightly better option. We are happy to supply some of these parts individually to meet your needs. Improved rear wheel bearings. Upload or insert images from URL. All of our beds have been fully race track tested for the last 5 years and we have never had an issue. Our RHD 5 stud engine bed is designed to ONLY be used with E36 M3 Evo front suspension. The entire system, including hangers is 304 Stainless steel. So, I decided to cut some threads into the posts and install them with lock nuts. Get all these bolts with your parts, because all of these bolts are high strength and cost a pretty penny from dealership. As I mentioned before, the E36 is much more luxurious than the E30. Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. The E30 is a pretty bare bones car. This is ideal for track use as it offers bigger brakes and a larger range of wheels. You better have a very good relationship with the seller if buying used. You can easily spot the difference in the shape around outer ball-joint. When installing this kit, you will find that your OEM steering column spline bar is slightly too short, which is why we supply you with a new, slightly longer one. This weekend, if the weather behaves, I will clean it up and go pull an e30 diff from the bone yard and fab the mount. Do quick math and you'll see that final offset of using MZ3 rear results in ET40 final result. We are happy to supply some of these parts individually to meet your needs. To answer all basic questions about this option: This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Another problem lies within the location of the brake master cylinder and servo. Literally, bolt on suspension and brakes and you are good to go. On to the exhaust. You Need: trailing arms, brakes. I originally used standard E36 spindles and brakes, but caster just does not work out. Enter the username or e-mail you used in your profile. Installed with the rear trailing arm, which also has new hard line brake tubing thanks to the rainy weather. This page was last edited on 10 July 2012, at 05:33. A significant improvement in brakes. There are a few ways of doing this and I will cover all of the ones I have attempted on several cars. This is supplied with the 2 UJ’s for an easy install. E30 vs E36: Luxury. Lastly, we supply a gearbox mount designed for the 6 speed gearbox which is used to… mount the gearbox. All of our subframe kits are made to fit with your original oil pan/sump to stop oil starvation. This is a very specific set of parts. All postage is calculated at the time of dispatch and is to be Paid via Paypal once the quote for postage has been sent to the buyer.