As a further condition of FA eligibility each person who applies for or is receiving FA is required to cooperate with state and local departments of social services in efforts to locate any absent parent and obtain support payments and other payments or property.


Participants in CAP are also restricted to the 60-month lifetime limit.

External web sites operate at the direction of their respective owners who should be contacted directly with questions regarding the content of these sites. Under FA, eligible adults are limited to receiving benefits for a total of 60 months in their lifetime, including months of TANF-funded assistance granted in other states.

Informaci�n en Espa�ol. Electronic Benefits Transfer System (EBT), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Photo ID, driver’s license, U.S. passport, Birth or baptismal certificate, hospital records, driver’s license, Current rent receipt, mortgage records, statement from landlord, Statement from non-relative landlord, school records, Current rent receipt, current lease, mortgage records, property and school tax records, sewer and water bills, fuel bills, utility bills, Social Security Number which can be verified by the agency, Social Security Card, official correspondence from SSA, Pay stubs, tax returns, Social security or VA records, monetary determination letters, Birth certificate, U. S. passport, military service records, naturalization certificate, U.S.

Press Room No cash assistance (FA or SNA) benefit is granted to a family that contains an adult who has received a combined total of 60-month benefits under FA or cash SNA.

Some examples of emergency assistance include, but are not limited to: Payments may be authorized once you are determined to be eligible for one of the following emergency programs: Emergency Assistance to Adults (EAA) - provides assistance for individuals and couples who have been determined eligible or are receiving SSI (Supplemental Security Income) or State Supplementation Program (SSP) payments. Households can apply for up to four months in rental assistance. Some examples of an emergency are: If you and/or your family are experiencing an emergency situation, you may be eligible for emergency assistance. Additionally, payments made under Emergency Assistance to Families with Children (EAF) after December 1, 1996 are included in the 60-month count. Suffolk County Department of Social Services (DSS) now has a new, free mobile application (app) available to county residents that enables them to submit necessary documents.

Information about Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards. This mobile app is available for download on … Since 2014, DSS-HRA has helped more than 150,000 New Yorkers secure housing through the programs this Administration rebuilt from scratch, including remaining in their homes and avoiding eviction or moving out of shelter into permanent housing. You should be told within 30 days of the date you filed your application if your application for Family Assistance is approved or denied, or be told within 45 days of the date you filed your application for Safety Net Assistance if your application is approved or denied. Citizenship and Immigration Services documentation, Alcohol/drug screening and assessment which may include a drug test, Current pay stubs, statement from employer, tax records, business records, statement from roomer or boarder of amount paid for lodging, Statement from Court, statement from person paying support, Current benefit check or current award letter, Current benefit check, current award letter, official correspondence from U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Official correspondence from New York State Department of Labor, Statement from bank, credit union or broker, Statement from school or bank, current award letter, Bank statement or copy of burial agreement, Statement from cemetery or funeral director, copy of burial plot deed, Deed, appraisal/estimate of current value by real estate broker, Registration, title of ownership, financing information, Insurance policy, insurance card, statement from provider of coverage, Medicare card, Copy of each bill, statement from landlord or utility company, Copy of each bill and proof of payment if a paid bill, Death certificate, survivor’s benefits, divorce papers, veteran’s assistance or military records, Statement from medical professional, proof of Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, Cancelled checks or receipts, statement from child care provider, court order, statement from aide or attendant, Children living apart from any adult relative, Families of persons found to be abusing drugs or alcohol, Families of persons refusing drug/alcohol screening, assessment or treatment, Aliens who are eligible for temporary assistance, but who are not eligible for federal reimbursement, Families of persons found to be abusing drugs or alcohol, Families with an adult who has exceeded the 60 month lifetime time limit, Your landlord has told you that you must move or has given you eviction papers, You do not have fuel for heating in the cold weather period, Your utilities are shut-off or are about to be shut-off, or you have a 72-hour disconnect notice, You or someone in your family has been physically harmed, or threatened with violence by a partner, ex-partner or other household member, Payment of fuel and/or cost of fuel delivery, Payment of Domestic Violence Shelter costs, Payment of Temporary Housing (Hotel/Motel) costs. Low income and struggling families from that zip code can dial (585) 265-6694 for information on housing and rental …

Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, OTDA Home Programs & Services Temporary Assistance.