Dr. Cilona will help you see things like you’ve never seen them before. “They need to be willing to put in the effort to learn from and grow with one another, communicate, and try to understand each other.”, The relationship expert adds, “We’re eager to see how these partnerships play out as they continue to get to know each other and build a marriage going from strangers to true spouses.”, Dr. Cilona confesses that he had no interest in participating in the series when he first heard about the concept. How To Navigate Your First Vacation As A Couple: LGBT Relationship Experts Offer Advice, 6 Secrets You Don’t Have to Share With Your Partner, Why Your Significant Other Turns Into A Different Person At Holiday Gatherings, According To Experts, 7 Mature, but Effective Ways To Respond if Your Partner Flirts With Someone Else In Front of You, Everything You Need to Know About the Winter Blues, What You Need to Know About Emotional Affairs, 3 Tips for Better Sex for Busy and Tired Women, A Simple Trick to Improve Your People Skills. I was enthralled by it — it was poignant, touching, respectful, and very well executed. “I had information on each individual that averaged about 150 pages each. Dr. Joseph Cilona is a very caring, compassionate and understanding psychologist. How to Get a Work in Today’s Tough Job Market. He's incredibly smart and practical when it comes to giving advice and direction. I would (and do) recommend him to anyone looking for an intelligent, trustworthy and experienced psychologist. I cannot say enough about him. Keep up with Dr. Cilona on Twitter @DrCilona. Dr. Cilona is absolutely incredible. In easy words, he does several therapies to treat one’s pain and strain. Knowing that I played a part in bringing them together, and perhaps in a future that involves a family and (hopefully) a long and happy life together is satisfying and fulfilling in a way that’s difficult to describe. IBTimes: Do you think the Season 2 participants could learn anything from the Season 1 cast? The better you understand yourself, your history, and your current world view and experience, the easier it is to change the trajectory of your path to move toward more success, satisfaction, and fulfillment in all parts of your life.”, Dr. Cilona can help you define your needs, goals, and aspirations with simplicity and clarity, and learn to connect on a regular basis with the intentions behind them. I cannot say enough about him. He's excellent in how he manages your time and you get his undivided attention. The therapist may first call or email you back to schedule a time and provide details about how to connect. Jennifer Lopez Isn’t Giving Up on Marriage, How to Know When It’s Time to Get Hitched, ‘Married at First Sight’ Relationship Expert Dr. Joseph Cilona Says, “Each Day Is A New Learning Experience”. He has great insight into the human condition and is able to provide excellence in support and expertise. Getting Past Heartbreak Can be Challenging in Internet Age. He is very clear and conise with his direction and in the most trying of times, has gone above and beyond the call of duty on my behalf. Dr. Cilona also agrees that there's something to be said for not relying solely on the romantic feelings you have toward a potential partner in order to make smarter choices in love. Keep it short, 200 Dr. Cilona is the best doctor I have ever encountered. You can tune in to FYI or A&E at 9/8c on Tuesdays for season two of Married at First Sight! Dr. Joe Cilona, Manhattan. Dr Cilona will help you identify your level of awareness of yourself and others and to understand what things might be escaping you. Top 10 Grindr-Induced Psychological Maladies. “Their relationships and love will obviously be different from a traditional marriage, as they didn’t meet until they said ‘I do,'” Dr. Cilona explains. You can trust him, he's direct and answers questions. I think most relationships would fare much better if everyone had a team of four experts to turn to whenever they wanted some guidance. One thing that made it easier was that the pool of applicants was significantly larger than the first time around. The therapist should respond to you by email, although we recommend that you follow up with a phone call. He really is a very special doctor in every way. See all photos. Words can't explain how caring, helpful, and easy to talk to he is. Picking soulmates for strangers isn’t easy, but it’s Dr. Joseph Cilona’s job. The questionnaire explores things like deal breakers, personal history, needs, values, physical preferences, relationship dynamics, and more. Remember to double check your return email address or your phone number if you prefer to be called. The success of Season 1 made Season 2 much more difficult in that it certainly created a significantly bigger challenge in weeding out those applying with some agenda other than authentically looking for a spouse and being honestly open to the process. But I like to describe “Married at First Sight” as “sensational … but with substance.”. He states, “this is absolutely essential for getting any need met, achieving a goal, or realizing an aspiration. 4 Scientific Reasons You Should Take More Breaks at Work, 23 Secret Tricks for Spotting a Lie Every Time, Why Traveling Isn’t Going to Cure Your Depression. Inquire for details to determine which option might be best for you. How Much Fighting Is Too Much in a Relationship? The cart comes way before the horse on the reality TV show, Married at First Sight. I so respect his personal and professional integrity. IBTimes: When matching spouses this season, have you changed your method at all compared to last season? I did make some changes in my assessment methods based on my experience through the first season. ‘Married At First Sight’ Expert Dr. Joseph Cilona On Vaughn And Monet’s Divorce ‘Married At First Sight’ Psychologist Dr. Joseph Cilona On Why The Show Is Not Promoting Blind Arranged Marriage [Q&A] I highly recommend him. We Asked A Psychologist, 10 Normal Feelings Couples Experience After The Butterflies Go Away (& 5 That Are Worrisome). He is very clear and conise with his direction and in the most trying of times, has gone above and beyond the call of duty on my behalf. I think it’s fair to say that most of the skeptics who balked at the concept, but actually gave the first season a chance, were pleasantly surprised and actually turned from cynics into fans. “It’s important to remember that our job is to use scientific tools to try and find individuals who have the highest potential for romance. Psychologist Dr. Joseph Cilona revealed his exit last week while sexologist Dr. Logan Levkoff revealed her departure Sunday. I worked with Dr. Cilona for over a year and from the first meeting I felt comfortable. I highly recommend him. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works in the real world, so we try very hard to be conscious of our influence and put appropriate boundaries around our involvement. At first you are very wobbly and aware of every move. 12 Signs You’ve Found Your Soulmate, According to Relationship Therapists. However, I was convinced to watch links to the original Danish series on which our version is based, and I was quite surprised that I found it to really have depth, authenticity and value. Cilona: Most of us can take some important lessons from our couples from Season 1. Insight and understanding is not enough. Dr. Cilona is absolutely incredible. I enjoy speaking to Dr. Cilona. Could A Boston Marathon Movie Help Survivors Cope? If this is an emergency do not use this form. I recommend him highly. Joseph Cilona & Associates is the psychotherapy practice composed of providers overseen by psychologist, Dr. Joseph Cilona, who is known for providing expert advice and commentary on psychology for the press and media, and for serving as the expert psychologist in the first three seasons of the hit Lifetime Docu-Reality series Married at First Sight.