Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I was told this was the managers decision. The grenadine was more noticeable here in the flavor as well. All natural products, cane sugar, easy to buy (Amazon! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This version has a lot more “tang” to it which I prefer. But here’s the thing, there are now some really great options out there for buying grenadine at the store, we’ve got one of those today in fact, and also, grenadine is super easy to make. If the check out clerk is under 21, she can't even ring up the sale. To me that is rediculous. I remember one time when the clerk asked me if Guinness was alcohol of not. The store was right in not selling it to you. Do you buy a tested and well-loved brand, or do you make your own batch? Rose's Grenadine is good stuff. If so how do you flush it out? what happened to the sweet good tasting bananas? I have a grocery store in my town which is located close to my house making it convinient to shop there but i have a problem. Whisk to fully combine and let cool to room temperature. Top with grenadine and stir gently to combine. Alcoholic drinks are intended for adult use only. Now I can calmly say wtf. And thus concludes this month’s make or buy. 0 0. Also, I reduce the syrup in half resulting in a thicker, more viscous grenadine. Why? Copyright © 2020 Stir and Strain . Post was not sent - check your email addresses! If so how do you flush it out? I live in Ontario and have never seen non-alcoholic mixes or concentrated fruit syrup which is basically what grenadine is in a liquor store. I get mine at the grocery store. Once at a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. I chose Small Hand Foods grenadine syrup as my pick. I was young, but one of these elderly people put a drink in my hand with a cherry in it and OH BOY did I feel like a fancy lady. I add salt to every sweet thing I make. I would definitely call and speak to the manager - if that doesn't get you anywhere, ask for the number to the corporate office, and then call them, along with the Better Business Bureau. On the con side, if you’re constantly switching up your formulas you’re not going to get a consistent product to make drinks with. Using the fresh juice also means you’re getting a brighter red color in the final product (still not as bright as a food dye though). We’ll make what I consider the quintessential mocktail, The Shirley Temple. But you aren’t sure how long that time frame is exactly. Obama targets Georgia senators in final pitch for Dems, For a closing argument, Trump attacks LeBron, Fox ratchets up parenting spat with estranged husband, Betting markets see Trump losing as battlegrounds shift, Don't know how you caught COVID-19? I'm the one buying it, Wal-Mart is the store selling it. What are the risks of drinking vodka every night ? I’ve been doing grenadine with equal parts pomegranate juice and sugar (with a hit of orange flower water) for years, but this version kicks up the pomegranate-y notes and has a great round tartness that I’m really into and I’m sure will work nicely in some drinks (Pan American Clipper, here I come!). Can they actually do this? Is it okay to drink a bottle of champagne once a day? official was 'distracted' during fatal crash, 'Not backing down': Amazon workers want time to vote, Terry Bradshaw helps stranger in viral video, Ore. ballot measure would legalize some hard drugs, Report: Soccer legend Diego Maradona hospitalized. Anyways, I inquired as to what I was drinking and I was told it was a Shirley Temple. 1 decade ago. Old enough to see over the checkout counter. If you want to make a virgin drink for your children make them a Shirley Temple only without the vodka. What kind was it?There are something like three kinds of it. There is no alcohol in it. Still have questions? Still have questions? While their policy seems foolish, I believe that they have the legal right to ID everyone who shops in their liquor department. I think in part because 1. it tends to be associated with that kiddie drink the Shirley Temple (and OH YES, that is what we’re going to make today to compare the make vs. buy options) and 2. the commercial products that have been available were full of super processed ingredients and food dye and just not very tasty. "Grenadine is almost always a non-alcoholic beverage. Where to Buy Grenadine is a question you will need if you are stocking up your bar. I'm 52 and buy wine coolers a Wal-Mart. There is no alcohol in it. You can buy grenadine in any good grocery store. I agree, grenadine is just a syrup, and they should have sold it to you. Let me know which way you decided to go and don’t forget to tag us in your posts! In a medium saucepan, pour in pomegranate juice and sugar. And you can't buy alcohol at the self-scan lines. You can try a large liquor store too that sells mixers. Take your advice from Bonnie and Esmerelda. I then thought well I’d like to make this but I don’t know how many cocktails I will make at home with it. So if a kid can drink it, anyone can buy it :). Made this syrup tonight and it was amazing! I'm Elana and I like to make to make cocktails, throw a party, and collect tiki mugs. It is not alcoholic at all. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Is it bad if I have one smirnoff or Mike's hard lemonade every night? Get your answers by asking now. I was dumbfounded, but politely explained that yes it was. Thanks. I don't think anything can be done, except buy somewhere else, or talk to the manager and ask if they would be willing to move it out of that dept. If not using vodka, once bottled, store in the refrigerator up to one month. David T. is wrong. It contains absoluty no alcohal. I figured the first time might have been a fluke. Therefore, it is quite important to check that the grenadine source does not contain alcohol. Then i told them it has no alcohal and they said they could sell it but needed an ID. Favorite Answer As long as you have money, you can buy grenadine at any age. The Grenadine we used at the bar I worked for was 5% alcohol and couldn't be served to minors. 1st time i tried to buy it at about 9:30 at night and they said they couldnt sell it to me becuase it was to late to buy it. Next time i stop by there i will have to talk with the manager my self. 3-4 ounces ginger ale or lemon-lime soda1/2 ounce grenadinemaraschino cherry for garnish. First let’s talk about what you can buy at the store. Go to a different market -- for all of your shopping. Also, fresh juice is going to very from fruit to fruit so you might occasionally get a batch you don’t like the flavor of. Grenadine is not a liquor; it is a syrup made from pomegranates used in mixed drinks. As much as it would be wonderful too, you can't blame them for being ignorant. You can adjust here and add more though but I equalled portioned both grenadines out. Remove from heat and add in orange flower water and pomegranate molasses. That begs the question: does grenadine go bad? Second, as usual in this series, let’s address the pros and cons. In fact, I still feel like a fancy lady when I garnish my drinks. However, check labels, since some versions contain alcohol.". I can go anywhere else and buy non-alcohalic mixes out of a stores alcohal department and never required to show I.D. One of the most popular drinks that has grenadine in it for kids is a Shirley Temple. Awesome! Is non alcoholic beer safe for anyone if there is ZERO alcohol in it? Get your answers by asking now. And I’ll show you how. Contains: Water, Sugar, citric acid, artificial flavors, sodium benzoate, and FD&C Red # 40, Alright this is actually the second time this has happened.