Better yet, don't let it happen in the first place. I have my boyfriend's trust in me to have fun and be safe without any trouble, and that is all I need. You were your own person. It’s not that you won’t be experiencing these when you are married, but there are some things you don’t always need to see. Here are some reasons why spending all your time together can be detrimental to the relationship. If you no longer communicate in that way, it’s likely a sign that you’re spending too much time together. Don’t forget to share your results with us. "Be sincere. I would be bothered by it, as we are not supposed to keep secrets from each other. On the practical side, you're looking out for future you by making sure your friendships stay strong. We spend more time with my partner's friends than mine or we spend more time with my friends than my partners. Is your relationship worth the tears, or is it time to end it? That’s an excellent question with an answer that often shocks people. How did that feel? Finding this balance is much harder than one would expect. See How Well You Know Kim Kardashian's Love Life. Demi Lovato Wore the Ultimate Fall Outfit to Vote, Exclusive: Get to Know "AWC"'s Josephine Langford, Sephora's Biggest Sale of the Year Is Happening RN. I find myself looking around at others, wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere. Having a boyfriend and being crazy in love can be so much fun. You get overly comfortable with each other wayyy too early in the relationship. Even though you might not have realized it yet, it’s the little things such as a funny, cute, or romantic text that can light your day up and make you fall for the person you’re dating even more. Your partner isn’t your only family, and you will always run to them when you need help. Being together 24/7 eventually makes you dependent on each other. #5 Your partner isn’t your only friend. Why spending too much time together is unhealthy. How to give space in a relationship and not drift apart, 9 important habits you need to be more independent, A closer look at “you,” “me” and “we” relationships, 5 clear signs you’re already smothering your partner, Overly attached boyfriend? Definitely nothing wrong. Why Do me and my Girlfriend Fight so much. In the beginning, we can turn someone into our world even accidentally. Work is work, and sometimes, giving time for work makes you happier as an individual and happier as a couple. But you won’t be able to do even that when you are 24/7 together. We have no goals, we are just going day by day. Your friendship with them should still carry weight even if you are in a relationship. When this happens, it's vital to right the ship. My family hates my partner/ my partner's family hates me. Learn the things you need to do alone in order to progress and be a happy, independent individual. [Read: Overly attached boyfriend? If you are meeting more than that, then perhaps you are spending too much time together. When you are in a relationship, your availability to a pre-existing relationship is forced to change. And, make sure you explain that you hope they reach out to their friends and do the same," said Ohio-based dating coach David Bennett. If you're the one broaching the subject, remind your partner that having outside relationships is "an asset to your own relationship," said Dallas-based therapist Melanie Ross Mills. ". Being an individual is important because you are not who your partner is. Keep these things in mind to avoid spending too much time together and putting unnecessary pressure on a budding romance. "Love can easily become a bubble," said Chelsea Leigh Trescott, breakup and life coach and host of  the podcast "Thank You Heartbreak." Even though you are a couple, there are things you need to do on your own, and you even need to spend time alone. According to experts, seeing each other 2-3 times in a week is more than sufficient. When you continuously get irked by the little things, what’s going to happen when you get annoyed with the big things? #10 I miss you. Setting aside time when you're really connecting with your partner—rather than just sharing a space with them—will ensure that neither of you feel abandoned or rejected by time apart. Good about myself, eager to be the best I can be. Ask yourself, why did my partner fall in love with me? Anyone who struggles to stay in touch with lots of people at once has probably felt the shame of letting some friendships fall off the radar. While trying to figure out how much time you should spend with your boyfriend, you need to find a middle point between too much and too little. It can be as small as buying your partner ice cream and giving it to them when you get home. After all, life is short and you never know what’s going to happen tomorrow or in the next month. Hobbies you both really want to do in your own phase, on your own time, and on your own volition. We all know you only need one person, but you don’t grow with only one person in your life. © 2020 LovePanky.com Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | About Us | Write for Us | Contact Us. The first step is acknowledging that the two of you are becoming isolated. "Even if you haven’t spoken to your friends in a while, they’re waiting to hear from you, so reach out," Trescott said. Which brings me to my next tell-tell sign that you and your man are spending a bit too much time in each other’s presence. Why spending too much time together is unhealthy. But how can you even say you miss them if you haven’t spent time apart? If you are meeting more than that, then perhaps you are spending too much time together. Quickly what was once a steamy romance can fizzle out to a dull routine in the blink of an eye. If you work, go to school, or live with your … It’s important to not lose sight of the interests and dreams that existed prior to your significant other. Or a time when you didn’t let anybody else help you nor get in your way of achieving something that you really want? Is there a limit of how long you should be spending together? Are you going to always go trekking with your partner, even though, there are a hundred books waiting to be read on your shelf? "It's important to have friends outside of your relationship because your partner cannot be 'all things' to you, even when you have a healthy, committed relationship," St. Louis-based therapist Julie Williamson said. I mean think about it… If you already see each other 24/7, why bother putting on that nice dress and heels to go out in the evening and vice versa? We have joint accounts and argue over how to spend or save often. #9 The perfect concoction. And you still need to be even when in a relationship. Is my boyfriend spending too much time w/the guys? Spending every free moment you have with your boyfriend means sharing everything, from meals, to TV time, to grocery shopping and doing household chores. Here are some reasons why spending all your time together can be detrimental to the relationship. “You already told me how that girl kicked you in the balls in elementary school.”. Just because you know your partner will be there whatever happens, it doesn’t mean you don’t need other people. Am I spending too much time with my boyfriend? You have heard the cliché, “I need space.” It’s true. Or should your partner not go outside and do sport and read with you inside the house? !. After all, life is short and you never know what’s going to happen tomorrow or in the next month. He makes me happy, I love him and I wouldn't spend my time … It crosses my mind that my partner may cheat or flirt with others. But you need time to be able to enjoy your personal preferences, don’t you? You both need to grow in your careers separately, even if you have the same jobs. When your friends start complaining that you don’t stay in touch with them anymore or when your family starts wondering where you are: then you need to quickly find a balance between the amount of time you spend with both. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. Your Friends Aren't Making Plans With You. Depending on your personalities and the dynamic of your relationship, bringing up the idea of seeing other people—even platonically—can feel like rejection at the offset. You both have work-from-home jobs. #11 No to dependency. In relationships, this reaction is innocent and yet over time it can isolate us.". Here are 7 clear indicators that you might need to give each other a little space. Spending all your time together doesn’t let you do your hobbies. That’s the thing about spending too much time together. It might sound crazy, especially if you have just recently entered the relationship, and you constantly feel the need to call, text, or video chat with your boyfriend, let alone see him every time you have a spare moment. You had your own set of hobbies, your own favorite food and things to do, your own TV shows you followed, your own dreams and aspirations. But life has its own demands too. Really, you see, hear, and even feel everything. If you end up doing the very same thing, only the two of you, every time, it might be another indicator of the need to spend more time apart. (6 Signs That He’s Using You For Your Money). Whether you like to admit it or not, there should still be a “me” time for you and a “me” time for your partner. Don’t lose sight of that. But are you spending too much time with your guy? Your partner loves to chill out with a stiff drink after a long -- or short -- day. You will crave each and every opportunity to be with him and most likely miss him in his absence. Make time for it. © 2020 BlackLoveAdvice.com All Rights Reserved. Being excellent in your job and being praised for it is also a way of feeling good about yourself. Therefore, you need to enforce a realistic limit on how much time you would be spending together. #6 Whatever happened to your immediate family? Take this telling quiz and find out. In the beginning we used to spend a lot of time together and on occassions he would surprise me and show up at my door a few times a week. This means you can’t go to him and say “I saw the funniest thing ever when I was out yesterday!” and have something new to share with him, simply because he was there, watching as the same shocking moment, sharing the same laughter.