I really would appreciate your help. Today, I decided just to drill the holes out so they were close to the size of the screw, then use self-tapping screws to anchor the COBs.

All the normal ones are usually not deep enough and there are none that use a double diffusion. I’ve gotten little flecks of metal in my eyes both at work and at home when drilling metal, and it’s absolutely brutal to have to get them removed after they have literally rusted into your eye.

These LEDs also usually have a beam angle of 120°, which result in a pattern like you can see in the sketch. Could you tell me where to get some of the glass lenses for the COB’s,..? You will need to use a multimeter to identify which conductor is +12V and which is ground (just touch one lead of your meter to each conductor when the power supply is plugged in, and see what it reads. These usually are 5050 LEDs, meaning that they are 5mm by 5mm square and if you have 60LEDs/m you usually have one LED each 17mm on the strip. For a double diffusion the full distance between each LED is not needed. Of course, you can always pick and choose your own components to build your system, and if you decide to switch it up, be sure to read our post on Selecting COB LEDs and Matching Drivers and then check out our constant current driver selection tool to easily design your system using the current most popular COBs and Mean Well HLG series drivers. Do NOT plug this cable in until you’re 100% done with the project and have checked everything. Make sure you screw the connections down very tightly no matter which style connector you use, and be sure there aren’t any stray strands of copper that manage to poke out. Instead of frosting the plastic with a spray, you could also just sand them lightly with a scotch-bright pad. Hi, – 8 COBs at 75W each). The light is very homogeneous but if you look closely you can still see a variance in the brightness of the light, but it is much better then the previous one. The attached laser files are for a "twisting" cube form

If I built two of these sets would that be enough? Apply the thermal paste to the back of the COB. Since I’m too lazy to solder and heat shrink these splices and they are too small to fit in the push-in connectors, I used little crimp connectors. Once all the film is removed spray each side about 2 or 3 times. Money isn’t a huge issue so would like the best coverage possible with low heat output. All the instructions are available in the video. The holes I drilled were pretty clean, so I had hardly any grinding to do at all. You’ll need one for each polarity. Again using this in a long exposure as shown in the fourth photo we see the difference between bare LEDs and this diffuser. 4x IDEAL COB holders for the CLU048 chips. When you’re ready to connect all your COBs, the positive side of the COB run will be connected into these the positive Wago and the negative side of the COB run will go to the negative Wago (we’re using a series connection in this build). If you work in cinematography or photography you should already know a lot about direct vs. diffused light and here you get some insight on how to turn one into another. Hey budget, if you want to build a 50W light, just grab any 36V COB (Citizen CLU048-1212, Cree CXB3590, or Bridgelux Vero 29D) and run it on a 1400mA driver. ok so lets get started. Now if we take this light source, that still has some hot spots and diffuse it a second time, we will get a completely homogeneous distribution. I will add some quantum boards later on when I save more. 150 LEDs are what you would get with a single 5 meter LED strip with 30 LEDs per meter. Here’s another affordable LED grow light project that you can complete in just $100-150. 1x LLT-L20 Waterproof Power Connector with Power Cord, (I’ve used this butane model for years and love it). Very happy, ran it for 13 hours. Hello, I really want to make this, but I do not have any experience in 3d software, or a laser cutter. you will be soldering two LED's in parallel each with there own resistor. Drill out your 2 holes as precisely as you possibly can. Commercial LED grow lights are expensive, but you can make your own unit following this tutorial at Instructables. This large DIY LED 2×4 grow tent grow light is big enough to contain many container plants.

There are acrylic sheets with a light transmission of 79%, these are usually used in bathroom installation as a privacy protection. Cheers, dude. What is attached is only a sample of a possible shape. The tutorial is available at Science in Hydroponics. Depending on the type of LED and how it is built the light is often directed in a wide cone. Most people use Wago connectors for the DC side, and they’re a breeze. Do me a favour and create a thread for it in the forum please! An LLT-L20 waterproof connector that I’m using for my AC power connection between the driver and the wall. Amazing tut, good work. Could you be so kind as to list what components I would need so I can follow this tutorial, interested in a normal pre-drilled heat sink with no fan and a reflector for the light. each coat only takes about 15 minutes to dry. It’s a vertical garden and uses LED grow lights. Let’s use a common build for this tutorial:  4x 36 volt COBs on a Mean Well HLG-185H-C1400. Hi how many 50w I need in 60×60 tent, Can I use 4000k full cycle. There are many tutorials on powering LEDs and including them in different light installations. Have you tried measuring the voltage of your adapter? If the screw is long enough to get down into the fins of the heat sink, it can  go off in weird directions once it hits the fins and becomes more prone to snapping. Applying this to the diffuser with 17mm depth we can see that this was designed quite well.

(3ftx6ft ish). Depending on the type of LED and how it is built the light is often directed in a wide cone. What all this tells us is that if you want to create your own diffuser place it at the same distance away from the LEDs as the LEDs are away from each other. Thanks man! Build this cheap LED light for growing plants in a grow tent with the help of this DIY tutorial. I have 3 HLG-80h-24b drivers on the way to power sets of 1′ strips (Bridgelux BXEB) for supplemental lighting. 7 years ago Should I use clear acrylic w/sandblasted surfaces or milky acrylic directly? My grow area is 8×12 and I am on a budget that means kids and wife. for those of you using Rhino i have attached the working file for you to refrence as well as a 3ds file if you prefer 3ds MAX. You can use a connector like I did, or a number of others like a NEMA 5-15P or IEC-style power connectors. hi. Just put them in a profile either without any diffuser or with a completely clear one to protect the LEDs from dust. Not a stupid question at all. A good rule of thumb is about 40 watts per square foot. High power LEDs or SMD LEDs like the WS2812b or APA102 usually have a beam angle of 120°-140°, 5mm LEDs can have a beam angle of up to 180°. Since each 5050 LED module can use 60 ma of current, 150 LEDs will draw up to 9 amps. The hot wire goes into one connector, and the neutral goes into another. Since I first wrote this article, it’s gotten much, much easier to build your own lights. With a double diffusion we reduce the intensity even more, but in the applications where this is important this is not that important. Of the 3 steps, this step will require the most patience. Great stream, I enjoy the educated conversation. 17,980. Thats it! As you can see with the 10mm one the beam cones overlap for only around half the cones. Place the COB and line up the holes. If you break off a drill bit or over-tighten a screw and break the head off of it, you’re going to have a very bad time. They are just some geometric shapes with a max dimension that I could still print on my printer.

an HLG-185-C1400B), you’ll need to terminate an external potentiometer on it in order to dim the light. Do not plug into the wall until the project is 100% complete and checked. That’s it for wiring up the LED driver. The light is distributes much better and you can barely see where the individual LEDs are any more. if they need, can you recommend me some? The only thing that matters here is how far the diffuser is away from the LEDs. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Nice! Consult your driver’s manual for information on wiring the AC connection. I’ve used this grow light to grow a Moruga Scorpion pepper from seed all the way to fruiting, and it’s done a fantastic job: If you end up building your own LED grow light, leave a comment below with how it went and what (if anything) you did differently.

Place the first layer of diffusion around 1/3 of the distance between the LED and the second layer at 2/3 of the distance. DO NOT REMOVE THE BLUE FILM. The round profile also makes sure that the light is more even the further you get away from the middle of the bar (remember we have a single point of origin and the light has to travel further the more you get away from the middle). Now, hook up the DC side. In the past, I have drilled the holes out, then tapped them and used a machine screw to fasten the COB into place. Did you make this project? What we are looking for is the same altitude to area covered ration.

I have a grow room of 100x200x200cm. This results in a pattern like you see in the sketches. – 12 COBs at 50 watts each), which is more expensive but provides better efficiency and more even coverage, and others choose to run less COBs at higher wattage per COB (e.g.

Screw the COB down, alternating between screws for even pressure. Here’s how to terminate an external potentiometer on a B type driver: This video covers the frame build process from start to finish for these 4 Citizen COBs. Share it with us! As you can see you still get hot spots, but the space between the LEDs is lit quite bright too. 32. If you calculate it you will get an angle of about 53,13° at which the altitude of a triangle equals the length of the segment opposite of the angle. Thats what I talk about in step 7. And as you can see the resulting light is well distributed. hope you had fun. Hi, i really love the info you give to us I’ve got current before and after each LED. To achieve this, some people run a larger number of COBs at low power (e.g. so to achive this you can frost the glass or sand the edges. You experienced a problem that is quite common. Crimp the splice caps. Hi Joe, I’d recommend a minimum of about 600 watts per 4’x4′ space. repeat till finished. That way the light from the LEDs intersect enough so that you don't see individual LEDs. preprinted circuit board,i used this one because it cut down on some soldering http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102845 I have Grenada seasoning pepper, Carolina reaper, Malaysian Guarong, Tobago’s, Peach Habanero, 7 pot bubnkegum, Brazilian starfish pepper, purple bhut jolokia.        start with determining the size of the lamp- ours is basically 6"x6" by 18" tall Thanks very much for those valuable informations.I'm planning to make room lighting pendant with 5050 stripes and acrylic. Some may have information printed on the case of the driver – mine tells me that the brown wire is my line (hot), the blue wire is neutral, and the green wire is ground. Now, connect the other end of the wire harness to the driver using the push-in connectors. Maxonar LED Strip Lights Works with Alexa (32.8Ft / 10M) WiFi Wireless Smart Phone Controlled DIY … OPA Based Alice Microphones: a Cardioid and a Figure 8. But there is only very little information on how to control or shape the light that is emitted by LEDs.

Featured. Hi can you help me make shopping list for tent 60×60 how many I Led need which driver, Thank you for answer about 50 w, but is the any chance make budget kit with 4 x 50 w, Hi this one with fan how many watt this have and lumen. And what color temperature – 3000K only? Reply Cut the connector off and strip back your wires. Awesome! This DIY here talks about the perfect wavelength for growing plants and how to achieve that.