And no matter how I held the Deagle, I kept hitting the slide release. . An increase in power wouldn’t mean much if the gun wasn’t controllable or accurate. I have read the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy, and I hereby agree to those terms. JSP that has a muzzle velocity of 1,625 feet-per-second. are designed for: .357 Magnum ammunition Brochures, Custom Product Flyers and Manuals, We offer the ability to purchase your very own custom designed Desert Eagle at, .495” (.50 A.E. The Mark XIX Desert Eagle is a gas-operated, semi-automatic pistol with a 7 round capacity in .50 AE and 8 round capacity in .44 Magnum. Chrome Desert Eagle and gold tiger-striped Desert Eagle. If I had thugs carrying around a tank like a DE they may as well stuff a Shockwave in their pants or something. My original DE in .44 and .41 has no issues. I wonder if a large part of the .44 issues are from being in a “.50 AE pistol”. It is of note that many of the Northwest wilderness guides seem to prefer the 10 mm semi -auto. Built in the USA, the SwitchBolt™ receivers, with integral Pic... Brochures, Custom Product Flyers and Manuals, Shooting Industry | Desert Eagle June Cover, Tactical Life | At the Range with the MLR .22LR Switchbolt Rimfire Rifle. The equation makes the 429 Desert Eagle 25 percent faster and 45 percent more powerful than similar .44 Magnum loads fired from a 6-inch barrel. Magnum Research offered this model in .440 Cor-Bon caliber, a .50 AE derived case. Usage And lots of hardware with which to do it:.44 Magnum and.50 AE barrels and slides. [3][5], The advantage of the gas operation is that it allows the use of far more powerful cartridges than traditional semi-automatic pistol designs. This cartridge has a 25% velocity increase and 45% energy increase over a 44 Mag (240 — 6" barrel). (the old ones have 3/8″ rail…). for visible defects before loading it into the The design was refined and the pistols were manufactured by Israel Military Industries (IMI) until 1995, when MRI shifted the manufacturing contract to Saco Defense in Saco, Maine. 10.75 inches (27.3 centimetres) But as long as you hold the Deagle in a death grip and keep your wrists locked, the .50 cal version of the pistol will run reasonably well. A cam pin on the bolt rotates the bolt out of its locking lug recesses in the barrel, and a spring-loaded extractor draws the empty cartridge from the chamber. It’s too little Goldielocks area for me. United StatesIsrael Twenty-five grains of H110 is a good amount of pressure. But it’s not. Shooting the 429 Desert Eagle Magnum. ), 3 lbs. These are marked by the number 440 on the left lower side of the barrel, in numerals twice the size of other calibers, and without the preceding period. As it is already been mentioned it does depend on the state and what they will allow you to carry concealed. [3][5] The most popular barrel length is 6 in (152 mm), although a 10 in (254 mm) barrel is available. 1.6 oz. It’s like having an exotic car. White Tiger Stripe, Subscribe to the newsletter to receive our latest offers. Overall length is 10.75”, height is 6.25”, and the slide width is 1.25”. Black Tiger Stripe But it’s a pure show off gun, with zero uses that aren’t outclassed by other guns. There were fewer than 500 original .440 Cor-Bon Desert Eagles imported into U.S. in December 2000. A second patent application was filed in December 1985, after the basic design had been refined by IMI Systems (Israel Military Industries) for production, and this is the form that went into production.[7]. I always compare the grip on the Deagle to my mom’s meat loaf. Nothing feels as good to shoot as the Desert Eagle 9mm which feature a polymer frame, tactical rails, and an ergonomic textured grip, and for even more power, the 44 magnum pistols offer heavy hitting capability without knocking you off your feet. Their current manual would actually contradict any list of ammunition, as it specifically says, “Consequently, ammunition which proved reliable in the past may suddenly begin to cause malfunctions.” This is not only what the current manual says, but also what is still listed in the Q&A section of their website, which states, “We do suggest trying as many commercial, manufactured, semi-jacketed Magnum cartridges as possible and see which one works the best for you and your pistol.” [13], Desert Eagle Mark XIX, with new-style Picatinny rail, in .44 Magnum, "Magnum Research Introduces New 429 DE Pistol Cartridge", "Gun Review: Magnum Research IWI Desert Eagle Mark XIX .50AE", "Roster of Handguns Certified For Sale - Firearms Division", "//- Strona powicona Wojskowej Formacji Specjalnej GROM -//", The Desert Eagle Pistol Knowledge Database, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Desert_Eagle&oldid=984382701, Weapons and ammunition introduced in 1983, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, 7 rounds (.429 DE, .440 Cor-Bon and .50 AE), This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 20:33. Hot loads through a deagle? AMMO RECOMMENDATIONS: And no matter how I held the Deagle, I kept hitting the slide release. Hunting boar is with a scoped large bore side arm is something a few like to do. The pistol is also lighter to carry than an 7-plus pound rifle. Finish: Black oxide There have been years I’ve hunted exclusively with a Ruger Bisley Hunter in .44 Magnum. The DE44CA (Desert Eagle .44 Magnum California) is the only XIX that is approved for dealer sales to the public in the State of California. Learned what the expression “dead weight” means. The ambidextrous safety switch rotates a drum mechanism which sits over the firing pin, causing the firing pin to lock in, which prevents it from moving forward and reduces the possibility of the gun discharging accidentally. So when the Israeli-made Desert Eagle.44 Magnum Combo Caliber Package arrived at TTAG HQ, the handgun had a big hill to climb. They won’t run subsonics or shitty bulk ammo. That’s all we have (As a starting point) in People’s Republic CA. Required fields are marked *. © 2020 Magnum Research | All rights reserved. iwi made the series vll in .41mag. The utter lack of reliability when shooting Dirty Harry’s favorite caliber turn a worthy gun into a firearm-shaped boat anchor. I have a spreadsheet that I got off the D.E. JHP which leaves the barrel at 1,750 feet-per-second. The pistol also has Magnum Research’s widely popular integral muzzle brake. Semi-automatic pistol The construction of the Mark XIX Desert Eagle utilizes the latest CNC machine technology providing exacting specifications with tight tolerances creating a work of art in a precision firearm. For the past 25 years, MRI USA has been responsible for the design and development of the pistol. SWEEPSTAKES: Win the Chance to Shoot for $1 Million, Plus Guns & Gear! Even a large-handed shooter like me can barely get a decent grip on the thing. [8] It differs from standard XIXs in that it has a firing-pin block incorporated in its design. big fun, relatively useless, accurate. The Desert Eagle uses a gas-operated mechanism normally found in rifles, as opposed to the short recoil or blow-back designs most commonly seen in semi-automatic pistols. Titanium Gold Tiger Stripe The gun measures 10.75” in length with a 6” barrel, or 14.75” in a 10” barrel available in black as an aftermarket item. The BFR is all stainless and has a precision grade barrel that delivers unmatched accuracy with lead or jacketed bullets. Your choice. Remington RH44MGA, RTP44MG2, RTP44MG3, Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Since 2009 the Desert Eagle Pistol has been produced in the USA at MRI’s Pillager, MN facility. If they’re too high, I get slide bite. Some of those rounds were tried, specifically the PMC and American Eagle rounds. The Mark I, which is no longer produced, was offered with a steel, stainless steel or aluminum alloy frame and differs primarily in the size and shape of the safety levers and slide catch. While the .50AE Deagle was never perfect, it was never like this. It only stands to reason that Magnum Research would consider developing a hot new .44 pistol round that delivers the same performance from a 6-inch barrel as the .44 Magnum does when fired from a 16-inch barreled rifle. At no point is there an approved ammunition list or any kind of “strict instructions”. The websites for Desert Eagle, or Magnum Research all say the same thing, basically try out whatever you can, and some will work and some won’t. I once owned a .357 DE, and two of my buddies had .44 models (this was the late 80, early 90s). For that price, you could purchase two Smith and Wesson large frame revolvers … or THREE Taurus large frame revolvers! guns are not reliable with other ammo,and D.E. I spread my shooting out over a week; the effort required to shoot the Deagle in .50AE got old at roughly 60 rounds. Stainless Steel But from a revolver easily worn on the hip, there is no better long range punch press on earth. The SwitchBolt is born of extensive research and development, tested and perfected on the professional speed shooting circuit. https://tacticalgunreview.com/desert-eagle-44-mag/. The Desert Eagle has been featured in more than 500 films, television shows and video games, making it well known in popular culture. (.50 A.E. The Federal rounds were all just barely under the 2-inch mark as well. 12 oz. Barrel length Magnum Research has developed a new, fast, powerful .44 caliber pistol cartridge. The single action pistol has a 4-pound trigger pull. I know this has nothing to do with the Desert Eagle(unless you buy a holster for one). magazine. Although the accuracy is great, the .44 Magnum lack of reliability kills any joy you might get from this range toy. reliable in the past may suddenly begin to PolandPortugal As the bullet travels down the barrel, expanding propellant gasses pass through a small port drilled into the underside of the barrel near the muzzle. In .44 Magnum, it’s not. Overall length is 9.75”, height is 6.25” and the slide width is 1.25”. Previous iterations included the Mark I and Mark XII. The relatively minor reliability issues in this niche gun are acceptable in .50AE,  but not worth tolerating in .44 Magnum. The rim diameter of the .50 AE (Action Express) is the same as the .44 Remington Magnum cartridge, consequently only a barrel and magazine change is required to convert a .44 Desert Eagle to the larger, more powerful .50 AE round. On page 5 it gives us a short note to tell us only to use rounds within SAAMI spec: [12] By 1999 it had been used in over 40 films, including Eraser, Red Heat, RoboCop, Last Action Hero, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man, Assassins, The Last Boy Scout, Double Impact, Snatch, The Matrix and Austin Powers. All models feature a full picatinny style accessory rail on the barrel from the end of the chamber to right behind the front sight and standard ambidextrous safeties. Sights: Combat type ‘ ‘ 44D (Target ammo) D.E. The gas travels through until it impinges on a small cup-shaped piston, which in turn drives the slide assembly to the rear.