Combined with the fact that there aren't a whole lot of feats geared toward melee DEX, you've got a solid match. The Compendium Content bundle does not grant access to all the content's options in the rest of the toolset, such as the searchable listings, character builder, or digital sheet. Speriamo di offrire più lingue e funzionalità per facilitare il gioco nella tua lingua nativa. Especially when I use the dodge action. I honestly considered it very good. On such a character it can reduce hits against to nearly zero from mid-level onwards. She doesn't have a shield though. I've always thought this looked like a solid feat, but never really see anyone talking about it. You may also purchase individual subraces. I've heard a lot of general hate against the feat, but I use defensive duelist on my Battle master dex-fighter and it's been a major help practically every session. You may also purchase individual spells. Arm Yourself for Adventure. Notify administrators if there is objectionable content in this page. See pages that link to and include this page. I'm planning on picking it up at level 10 on my Swashbuckler, who's concept is I get one guy to come after me and occupy him while my allies work on the others and I make sure if he wants to even swing at me, he's taking damage the whole way, and I have Magic Initiate for the blade spells and shield via sorcerer (to use CHA) my reaction is mostly used defensively to cut damage, but if I can use it to cut damage to 0 instead of 1/2, I'm going to do it, and as if I'm attacked by more than one guy at a time, I messed up or they had to give my allies free swings, its worth it, and I have a Shield to give me an emergency use if I'm swarmed. They're hardly comparable. So first of this allows the feat to be used with weapons other then finesse, which seemed like an unneeded restriction. If they are focused on damage, then Sentinel is best. Check out how this page has evolved in the past. That's the way I read it. So the +4 to her AC against things up close, which is a lot, would do a lot to help her I think, even though it's only what? Had a Stout Halfling Eagle Totem Barbarian. Rogues and Barbarians are out for reasons already covered in this post. More often than not, it's not that great. Clerics? Source: Player's Handbook. You get one reaction each round; choose which one of these you want to do: the Defensive Duelist feat, or the rogue's Uncanny Dodge. For a dex melee character an ASI to dex or something like Sentinel will always be better, but mid levels this can be a very good feat to grab. He would rage and attack turn 1, then turn 2 would bee line for whatever enemy seemed the most dangerous (spellcasters usually). Conosci di più su future funzionalità and raccontaci la tua storia. Change the name (also URL address, possibly the category) of the page. Press J to jump to the feed. A dex sword-and-board fighter or a monk should love this feat. This site works best with JavaScript enabled. But the only cantrip (non-weapon) focused Clerics are Knowledge, Light, and Arcana. My fix to it is to rewrite it as follows: Defensive Duelist Prerequisite: Dexterity 13 or Higher When you are wielding a wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient and another creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing the attack to miss. This whole Shield vs Defensive Duelist argument is ridiculous. its main benefit is that it doesn't use a short/long rest resource unlike other AC boosts, so it's most useful in the hands of casters who don't already have a similar feature. In this defensive duelist dnd 5e feat whenever you’re wielding the finesse weapon by which that you’re proficient and also another creature could hit you by the melee attack, even you can also use your reaction for being add your proficiency bonus for your AC for that specific attack and also potentially causing the attack to miss you. I liked it. Questo è l’inizio del nostro viaggio. Rogues and dex barbs a little less so, because they both already have damage reduction baked in. Find out what you can do. You also have to consider the fact that this feat takes the place of a +2 ASI which would (in most circumstances where Defensive Duelist is appropriate) equate to a permanent +1AC, +1damage, +1attack, and +1initiative. Shield has Somatic components. Druids always wildshaped for close combat. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. There are better, more reliable options. Everything a player needs to create heroic characters for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. This sourcebook provides you the tools and tips to help create your characters, equip them, and send them out into the world. it is worth delaying primary attribute progression 0% of the time. Dual wield dex Champions could use it, but if you are one of these...why? I was actually planning on getting this feat at level 12 with my Ranger. On Bacarac the Back Attacker, Defensive Duelist was a lot of fun. Her bow only gets used on very rare occasions. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Get the 2 subraces from Player's Handbook for use on D&D Beyond. The Player’s Handbook is the essential core reference for every Dungeons & Dragons roleplayer. The main effect isn't a bad one, it's a decent chance of cancelling out one attack per turn, but it doesn't seem worth a full feat and it lack interest and versatility. Light already uses its reaction and Arcana is probably picking up those SCAG cantrips and Shillelagh. Get the 10 backgrounds from Player's Handbook for use on D&D Beyond. When you are wielding a finesse weapon with which you are proficient and another creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing the attack to miss you. From what I've gathered, it uses your reaction, and a lot of classes that would normally take this feat, such as melee rogues, have other reactions that compete with it (Uncanny Dodge). Defensive Duelist. This purchase unlocks the contents of this source for use with D&D Beyond, including the book in digital format in the game compendium and access to all of the book's options in the searchable listings, character builder, and digital sheet. This sourcebook provides you the tools and tips to help create your characters, equip them, and send them out into the world. It's a decent choice for variant human but I agree that in no circumstance would I take it over +2 Dex. If you take few attacks, the bonus of parry … basically works as though your AC has permanently that much higher. dodging that one blow is great except here come four more, and the AC bonus does not apply to those. • Get all the rules needed to create, level up and start adventuring with your D&D characters with helpful tooltips• Unlocks 28 subclasses, 10 backgrounds, and 2 subraces for use in the guided Character Builder• Adds 57 spells and 66 feats - easily know what each power does with just a click of your character sheet, Complete the core D&D collection:- Dungeon Master's Guide- Monster Manual- Xanathar's Guide To Everything. View/set parent page (used for creating breadcrumbs and structured layout). Digital items are not returnable or refundable. Agreed on its usefulness for specifically melee DEXFighters. not strong at all, most enemies have multiattack. Defensive Duelist only improves your AC against a single attack, so it's great in 1v1s and it becomes borderline useless against mobs. Comprando questo pacchetto, il Player's Handbook viene sbloccato in formato digitale in Compendio di Gioco con tutto il materiale grafico, mappe, link e tooltip. It competes with something like Resilient: Wisdom, in my mind. Click here to edit contents of this page. Based on theory, depends what you're looking for. I play a rogue and my DM buffed it by letting me use my Uncanny Dodge if DD failed on that particular reaction. In the future, we hope to offer more translations and features to make it easier to play the game in your native language. That makes it quite a lot more powerful than I think most people give it credit for. Each of them uses your reaction, which is a part of the "action economy" for a round/turn in D&D 5e. It's only a few builds that can make great use of this: Blademaster wizard, Bladelock, Monk, or Valor Bard?