Se iyen o da? He's caught off-guard (tied up and raped) he can't even defend himself because his words would appear inferior. or "yu tan deh!" or "yu tan deh!" Trio was formed in 1980 by Stephan Remmler, Gert "Kralle" Krawinkel, and Peter Behrens. The message in this expression is to seize all opportunities that come within your reach. If something is a boderation then it's a bother. (22) Mashin up of one's plans (29), "Wanti wanti can't get it, getti getti no want it", i.e., the Have-nots covet what the Haves take for granted. (49), "What is fiyu cyaa be un-fiyu" Patois: Mi adi don dada, mi run dem yah streetsEnglish: I am the general, I run these streets. (17), Dancehall slang. Released as a single in 1982 and featured on their 1981 eponymous debut album, "Da Da Da" became a hit in Germany and about 30 other countries, selling 13 million copies worldwide. (29), "Mi throw mi corn, but me no call no fowl". "He/She is too hard of ears" (25), "Him is badda than dem" "No badda mi". Trio's main principle was to remove almost all the ornamentation and polish from their songs, and to use the simplest practical structures (most of their songs were three-chord songs). And remember, "one one coco fill up a basket", take it easy and fill up your shopping basket one item at a time. (29), "Rat a Cut Bottle". Sometimes it is not used in such a negative manner, but most of the time one refers to the someone in the crew as a soundman, not a boy. no one can compete with. Though it’s meant to simulate the sound of gunfire, booyaka conveys applause or approval. In the UK, "Da Da Da" hit No. (5), a comon sugar and flour cookie or small round cake, sold everywhere in Jamaica. Head of any mafia crime family. He knows what he's getting at... his logic and knowledge is too deep to leave his tounge, so he replys with babble (de do do do, de da da da) simply meaning he dosen't have to justify himself to them. a person who is especially cold and cruel (6), used to describe a popular dessert cooked in banana leaves. Remmler used a contact microphone on his throat to achieve a different timbre to his voice on lyrics where he stepped away from the regular mic. (49), from "don't care"; careless, sloppy, lacking ambition, etc. A truly comic image if you've ever been to the zoo, and comforting to any of us whose backs have been used as a stepping-stone for someone else's success. (5), (the H is silent) = A man that can't perform sexually. From Ira David Sankey, evangelist and hymnalist (7), to rejoice, to meditate, to give thanks and praise. From Ewe anago-Yoruba person (7), adv. (urban slang) dangerous, violent (7), the biblical final battle between the forces of good and evil (1), n. Parched, sweetened, and ground corn. The art of the movement spanned visual… Impotent. In other words, the new broom may look better but the old broom has understanding bout tings! . What does да (da) mean in Russian? Bad like yaz , (49), "Who Dem A Ramp Wid" Meaning did you smoke today? Ewe, Ge, N'gombe (7), a little thatched hut, often made of bamboo. And the field workers, being poor, wear a kind of cheap flip flop called a "booga wooga." The child must "creep before him walk". yo! (5), v. to feel physical distress, pain. Fram many african languages. The numerical value of Don Dada" in Chaldean Numerology is: 8, The numerical value of Don Dada" in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8. Translate Dada. Definition of dadda in the Definitions.net dictionary. Usually in the form coolie-man or coolie-oman. (8), "gone a foreign" Gone abroad (from Jamaica) (28), "mi a maas a money" (or item), it means you're going to put it away or put it one side (24), "Every hoe ha dem stick a bush." (5), an old-fashioned meat rack, hung up high over the fire to catch the smoke. (44), "Is just pure almshouse a gwaan". From Twi fene-to vomit; Fante fena-to be troubled; Lumba feno-to faint (7). This term is most often employed in clashes, on dub plates built for clashes, and so on. At that time, popular songs were based on extremely simple structures that were ornately produced. from Corromantee, Blacks from the Gold Coast believed to be rebellious (7), a very large sack made of coarse cloth, like burlap (10), problems, vexations, trials; bad luck, misfortunes. Bands of elaborately masked dancers appearing around Christmas. (45), "Tek set pon you". Theyuse it to make yam hill - we use it to make path. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. (29), "Nuttin' nah go right" - nothing's going on in the right way. going to do, as in "Me a go tell him" (7), n. name of Maroon warrior, Capt. "If you trouble him I am going to hit you" (25), "All a dem a me fambly". means "just you wait!". "fi me"-"mine" (7) Can also mean "for" or "to", as in "I ha' fi", I have to. (5), JA equivalent to Tylenol, Excedrin, etc. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. (25), "Tek you time an mine it bruk". (7), title given to those who like to eat any food they encounter, without discretion (6), traditional African "science", relating to matters of the spirit and spirits, spells, divinations, omens, extra-sensory knowledge, etc. (5) weak, pallid (6), not well done, amateurish; unable to cope (1), usually a derogatory way to refer to the selecter or other personality in another sound system. "That mean, if you're working in the U.S. or if you are working anywhere, and then by multitude of rain, flood or winter, you lie down in bed because you don't want to have a runny nose - you're going to starve. (29), "Water more than flour" - "time tough." "Take the needle and sow the piece of cloth" (25), "How yuh nyam so much". Babylon , From combination of English curse or cuss, and Twi kasa kasa-to dispute verbally (7), It can be a sexual term meaning the man throw it and the woman catch it! A Don Dadda is a man who’s in charge of his situation (be it home or business), usually financially successful, and dapper in … A term sometimes used interchangably with dancehall, since the latter music has become heavily digitized as well. Web. However, Trio preferred the name Neue Deutsche Fröhlichkeit, which means "New German Cheerfulness", to describe their music. (5), interrogative at end of sentence; literally, "Is it not so?" All the definitions on AZdictionary were written by people just like you. It is related to the coco, but one eats the "head" instead of the tubers. Example Sentences. You have to be in the cold. The live version came in the album. So if you see Miss Brown downtown and she's got brown sugar all over her booga wooga, it means she's a canefield worker. (14)(29), adjective, little, skimpy, measly, only, as in a two dege-dege banana. (5), a big basket, including the type which hangs over the sides of a donkey. (5), n. free black warrior-communities which successfully resisted British hegemony during eighteenth century and early nineteenth century. Mowa dada, Ese And… Yoruba traditions ... What does that word mean in English? All definitions were added by our community so if you want to help us with one ore more definitions you're welcome and can you add them using the add definition form. "And it was just last nigh I was there" (25), "Tek de neegle an sow de piece of clawt". (49), "Work me a work, anuh chicken me a jerk" (5), home-cured tobacco, straight from the field. (26), a type of very tiny red ant whose bite is so hot and long-lasting it resembles a sting. 3 Nov. 2020. This page was last edited on 3 November 2020, at 16:29. Yu fayva buttu (12), Large and in charge. However, Trio preferred the name Neue Deutsche Fröhlichkeit, which means "New German Cheerfulness", to describe their music. From Ewe talala (7), deep woolen hat, used by Dreads to cover their locks (1,6), n. a flail made from the wiry branches of the Tamarind tree, braided and oiled. Use * for blank tiles (max 2) Advanced Search Advanced Search: Use * for blank spaces Advanced Search: Advanced Word Finder: See Also in Russian.