There are subtle undertones of blue, green, and even sometimes violet in this versatile color. This color is more in the beige color family than gray, if you as me, but it works beautifully in this bathroom where the shower tile seems to have a greige hue. Grays generally fall into two categories: warm grays and cool grays. Even this Stonington Gray paint has a blue undertone, there is a reason why it is also suitable to be included in the category of no-undertone gray wall paint. I’m a firm believer in restyling, refreshing and renewing things in your home to make it your own - without breaking the budget. I’m thinking of something darker perhaps the urban bronze any thoughts ? I wanted a Jonathan Adler vibe and well, I missed the mark and it looked more like a Smurf. Lighting is just one of the many different factors you need to consider, but the key to getting it right is making sure this paint color will pair well the undertones of color you have in your room. I think that it may be to dark for our whole house. Gray Owl is a well-loved, classic gray that seems to work everywhere. Benjamin Moore is probably my favorite light gray color. It lends itself to a clean, classic, elegant look, and I love how it works with the beige tones in the flooring of this kitchen. The commentary on Seattle Gray was right above the colour. Neutral Paint Colors: Tricks for Picking out the Perfect Paint Color, How to Pick Paint Colors (The Foolproof Guide). What a wonderful post , I recently painted a client’s dining room in Urbane Bronze… that color is a rock star! I am putting it on my back wall for drama with its white kitchen cabinets and in my half bath above its white wainscotting on the same lower level. Light, bright and fresh. In the same clients home, we also used Stonington Gray for the front foyer paint colour with Cloud White on the custom wainscoting. Another beautiful gray paint color is Sherwin-Williams Mindful Gray. Whitestone has the ability to change colors in different lights and looks great in every case. See how lovely Wickham Gray looks in Nina Hendrick’s gray bathroom below. For this post, to keep it simple I have organized it in the following way. So I decided on one gray paint #2 Gray Owl, the one on the far left. COPYRIGHT © 2018 EVOLUTIONOFSTYLEBLOG.COM. It’s cozy without being stuffy and any of my guests would be quite comfortable staying in this room.” Jennifer Reynolds, “Right now I am pulled toward the lighter, softer more reflective gray. My How to Choose Paint Colours: It’s all in the Undertones ebook takes the hundreds of choices down to 9 neutral undertones along with list of all my other go-to best grays, broken down into 3 undertones, green, blue and purple. It is beautiful and seems to compliment almost everything!” Linda Holt, “This classic color of gray is very soothing. . Contact me here and let me help you to Live Beautifully. You can see how lovely it looks in Wife in Progress’s Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray below and see how she painted several rooms in her house here. Thanks for any suggestions. Transitional Living Room by Edina General Contractors REFINED LLC. Both Stonington Gray and Gray Owl are very popular gray paint colors from Benjamin Moore, but they differ in a few important ways. Green with Decor shows how airy Agreeable Gray Sherwin-Williams looks in her foyer below. This gray paint colour has a blue-green undertone but can often look more green. Business coaching services are available online, worldwide. Thank you. Because of this, we end up using a lot of blues and greens. i just can’t seem to find a REALLY neutral warm geay at BM. Avoid mistakes and get expert colour training! We wanted something similar to Classic Gray but something with a little more drama, so we went with Balboa Mist (see the graphic below comparing the two.). It’s also helpful to put the colors up against a white background vs. the color of the existing wall, as that can definitely change the way that you look at them. It goes beautifully with white marbles like Carrara, whether you are using that as a countertop or a mosaic tile. However, I’m not feeling it, like I want a darker gray. All Rights Reserved. I’m Jenny, a wife of 23 years, mother of three, and a corporate drop-out. So far kitchen and laundry are completed and great room is in process. Required fields are marked *. Wickham Gray is up next. Cathy / [email protected], Great article!! Somehow, it manages to always make a space look polished. I love this post. Remember, the undertone that comes out and is more predominant is going to greatly depend upon the lighting that you have in your space & other decorative accessories you pair with it. We agreed on a very light color for the look we wanted but I have tried SW silvermist, SW Sea Salt and they CLASH with the Urbane Bronze. Grays generally fall into two categories: warm grays and cool grays. I am so glad it was helpful! It does balance well between taupe and gray. Have been using gray for so many years. However, since it is something I enjoy and I know many of you find useful when it comes to selecting colors in your home, I figured I would share Benjamin Moore’s best selling grays, with some photo inspiration to go along with it. I feel like another gray could have easily made the room dungeon-esque . on Five Best Gray Paint Colors for a Tranquil Room, Five Best Gray Paint Colors for a Tranquil Room. Edgecomb Gray is another amazing light gray paint color. It’s not “dark” by any means but it’s also not a light and airy color, it has more depth to it. I’m starting with Titanium by Benjamin Moore. It is the most beautiful shade of gray we were able to decide on after applying 6 sample shades of gray in various rooms throughout. Look at Its Neighbors. This is another one of my favorites, it goes very nicely with Benjamin Moore’s Simply White which is found on all of our white trim (that I painted–read more here: The Ultimate Guide to Painting Wood Trim Without Sanding. This room is east-facing, so it’s dark for a lot of the day. All rights reserved. Professional design services are just a click away. Coventry Gray HC-169 Color Review. Stonington would probably be better. This color is best used in cozier room like a family room–you just want to wrap yourself up in it!” Andrea Brooks. So warm…….looks amazing in hallways. What do you recommend in this family for a two story foyer going in to the family room/kitchen in an open transitional floor plan? You can see that choosing paint colors is serious business in my house, and again, I am reminded that colors change with the light and time of day. The ONLY way to correctly choose colour is with large samples. Hi great article! http://www.flickr.com/photos/mylastsigh/5473288881/, Online Masterclass for Exterior Colour Selection. Ah! It has a bit more blue in it than the other’s, which is why I have shied away from it. If you are looking for a modern, medium-toned gray that’s a little on the cooler side then Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray is for you.