Grease and flour 8 x8-inch baking dish. This website is not directed to consumers outside of the U.S. salted butter I’m a regular home cook, like most of you, doing my best to get a good meal on the table for my family. About 2 comments later someone asked what kind of mix you use and you said Jiffy in your reply. Be the first to see iHeartRadio Red Barn Sessions! In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. This Crock Pot Sweet Corn Spoon Bread recipe is made with Jiffy corn muffin mix, canned sweet corn and is one of the best holiday side dishes! Please update to a newer browser by downloading. Mix egg, milk and melted butter. 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick, melted. Your email address will not be published. Next time I’ll probably reduce the amount of sugar to the taste of our family. Could I cook it as directed and then keep it on low to serve later? Looking to do this in a 5qt crockpot. Hi Pat! Your webbrowser is outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft Windows. Course: Side. When you're craving comfort food, our recipe for Cilantro Chili Cornbread will satisfy that craving. But that’s OK, you can scoop from the side if you are in a pinch. Libby’s Cream-Style Sweet Corn You can't go wrong. honey (or sugar) Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Be the first to see iHeartRadio Red Barn Sessions! I’m going to try another hour, but I’m afraid it will get too done on the edges. I would like to take this to a pot luck. CROCK … That’s all I have. I’ll be making this for Thanksgiving; several family members have dairy allergies, I should be able substitute the milk & sour cream. We promise to not use your email for spam! THE ULTIMATE THANKSGIVING RECIPES Skip the boxed mix and make your own cornbread right in the slow cooker This website is directed only to U.S. consumers for products and services of Upfield United States. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. This recipe should be easy to cut in half. Would it be possible to half this recipe and make it in a 3 1/2 quart round crockpot? Pour into prepared baking dish. Just keep an eye on your cooking time. Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. At 3 hours it was still soupy in the middle. Serve warm with Honey Butter Spread. Mix egg, milk and melted Plant Butter. Cool 10 minutes then cut into 2-inch squares. Stir in corn, chilies and cilantro. Do you think the cheddar cheese goes well with the honey and sweet taste? Mix egg, milk and melted Plant Butter. Your webbrowser is outdated and no longer supported by Microsoft Windows. It sounds delicious. Everyone loves it! This is definitely something new to me. My mom makes scalloped corn every Thanksgiving but I’ve never had a spoon bread before. Serve warm with Plant Butter. 5 from 2 votes. If you are going to be taking this to someone’s house, it travels well. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. CRAVING MORE RECIPES? This Crock Pot Sweet Corn Spoon Bread recipe is made with Jiffy corn muffin mix, canned sweet corn and is one of the best holiday side dishes! I like to say my recipes are for the busy cook (you know who you are!) Spray 3.5-quart casserole crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. I’ve always wanted one, so this recipe gave me the nudge I needed to get a casserole crockpot. The opinions and text are all mine. Whatever cuisine you’re feeling, satisfy the craving with these mouth-watering side dish recipes from Country Crock®. We've taken traditional cornbread and added corn, chilies and cilantro to make it that much better. I just made this tonight! What kind of corn bread mix do u Recommend, I use Jiffy (in the box.) Grease and flour 8 x8-inch baking dish. Also, it took ours 4 hours on high in the slow cooker. Stir in corn and cheese. Your email address will not be published. I’m doing a dry run this week. We've taken traditional cornbread and added corn and cheese to make it that much better. I’m forever thankful for the moments we’re able to get together and celebrate the holidays—ya know, the simple things in life! You can still get a good meal on the table, with a few shortcuts to help you along the way. CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES WITH THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS. I like that touch of honey flavor but it doesn’t make a huge impact either way . Do you usually do the high or low cooking method? I am pretty generous with serving sizes. HOT DOG CORN CASSEROLE Hi Rachael, sorry I am just now seeing this. I haven’t tried it dairy-free but it seems like it should work okay. Mix thoroughly. . I definitely think this will be the surprise star on the Thanksgiving table. Do you think it would cook through without overcooking the bottom/edges if I doubled the recipe?