The triangle is one of the most easily recognized religious symbols in the West, most commonly associated with the Christian trinity or Freemasonry. I used also to be said that, when the Almighty wished to create the Universe, He described a circle. The first development of a point in space is a line, and I would like to draw out the symbolic significance of some of our lines. The triangle can be drawn with the apex pointing upwards or downwards. The more you see the symbol when entering, the more subconscious synapses that are firing stating you are entering a different area. Coincidentally the day after (I came back home after laying there for an hour or so), I added a new piece of clothing to my attire, in the form of a white scarf. My feeling is likely Harry Potter related. I like walking labyrinths because they confuse my rational brain and help me relax into a time of prayer with God. symbols compiled by Pastor Billy Bissell. But Beauty is further stated "to adorn the inward man," and this individual reference serves to show that H.A.B., also typifies the hidden man of the heart, the Divine spark in everyone, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world, and which shineth in darkness though the darkness comprehendeth it not until it is sought for and its light diffused over all being. Life, Mind, Goodness, Truth, Beauty, Wisdom etc., and all the imponderables. It contains the positive and negative forces which together produce manifested life. It is a circle with two semi-circles at the top and bottom partially inside of the full circle and then inside of the circle there is a line in the middle. These regular steps symbolise, therefore, the necessary work of treading underfoot the baser elements of our physical, mental, and spiritual natures at each stage of our progress towards the light. The oldest Egyptian cross, which was also the Greek cross, has both lines of equal length. As we step into each charmed circle, the left foot forms a chord of that circle and the right foot bisects it at right angles, pointing to the centre. This symbol is found in India, China, Tibet, Thailand, Japan, the Americas, Greece, Rome, and among early Christians. The circle with a line going vertically through it is the Greek letter phi. The cube is thus in its structure triadic, and is a peculiarly apt symbol for the human personality with its threefold nature, hand, heart, and head; intellect, will, And feelings; thought, actions, and desires; body, soul, and spirit. The symbol of the dyad is known as the ‘vesica pisces,’ or fish bladder, because it appears as a fish. Three concentric circles symbolize the past, present, and future (or any other trinuine concept). Also called the Long Life Seal. The triangle of fire here consists of points only instead of lines, and the apex is hidden, indicating that in this Degree, the spiritual is as yet half concealed and half revealed. We move towards the center in concentrated circles until we bring our own reality to a point, this circulation forms a circle. Generally, a vertical line stands for … The symbolism of every people reflects the same spiritual principles, and the symbolism of all mythologies has a scientific foundation and substance reflecting spiritual potentialities. We will mention some main meanings of common types of triangles below. What’s the sign? Triangle symbol meanings in different forms. The left leg corresponds to the Earth, black, the thumb, touch, crystals, the material world, the Archangel Sandalphon. They have a very close affinity to the three great Platonic values of Goodness, Truth, and Beauty. Seem to get nothing when I ask around. The symbols of western magic, astrology, and alchemy are based on a common symbolic ‘alphabet,’ composites created from smaller symbols. Long before it became the symbol if Judaism, it was a symbol of the joining and balance of opposites. The next time we see three Taus in conjunction is on the Installed Masters' Apron, where they replace the rosettes, the feminine emblem of submission. In the Craft the stone of true die or square is the symbol of mature manhood "after a life well spent in acts of piety and virtue." Without beginning or end, without sides or corners this geometric shape tells about perfection, unity, spirituality and life like no other form. The following examples are chosen randomly from my catalogue. The vertical axis equates directly to the human spine and to the tree of life, as well as to the axis mundi, the great pole around which the constellations of the zodiac revolve. For more information about this multifaceted symbol please refer to the article explaining my ensō+ series. The five-pointed star is widely associated with the followers of Wicca. It’s an INVERTED TRIANGLE!!!! There is an upside town triangle in the center, the width of the 2nd ring or corners stemming inward from the 2nd ring. with exactly this meaning. In Zen Buddhism, an empty circle represents enlightenment. In a Tibetan monastery another ancient flower of life was found with an estimated age of 2000 years. With the point downward, it represents winter, the powers of darkness, and by some, it is mistakenly thought to be only a symbol of Satan. so I rolled up the sleeve on my right arm, and drew this symbol in the middle of my forearm, slightly to the left. The ancient Egyptians used the pentagram to represent the womb of the Earth. If you are having a hard time getting over this person, it could be because you’re subconsciously believing “Cloud 9″ is unobtainable since the split, but if you are getting over it easily, or are already over it, it could mean that your acceptance of the death of the relationship is subconsciously accepted. Sometimes the nautilus is referred to as living fossil because it already lived long before the dinosaurs! We now come to three, the first number which has a beginning, middle and end, and which has been known as the first perfect number. When i took the photo, also facing a mirror i didn’t see any unusual symbols. From the temple flowed a river of living water beside which was the tree of life, whose leaves were for the healing of nations. The construction of the shell is a true masterpiece. The cross is a universal symbol of Life and the Sun. while we were smoking cigs, (Not sure if this is important, but my mother is deaf.) You will no doubt recall that St. Peter in one of his Epistles exhorts his readers in this strain: "Be ye living stones, built up into a spiritual house," and you may also have heard the exhortation of Cornelius Agrippa, one of the medieval alchemists: "Be ye transformed from dead stones into living philosophical stones. In conclusion, I would like to emphasize that in many respects this study represents an individual point of view, the acceptance of which is obligatory upon no one. From another angle this regular progression referred to the tetrahedron, the first of the Platonic solides, of which we read in the "Timaeus." 2. is in the midway of Freemasonry. It has no beginning or end, and no divisions, making it the perfect symbol of completeness, eternity, and the soul: The circle is also the symbol of boundary and enclosure, of completion, and returning cycles. Symbolically the triangle of fire refers to the spiritual nature, and the triangle of water to the mental or psychic nature; one meaning of the interlaced triangles being the perfection of manhood; spirit and soul in perfect balance. In the F.C. 4957). The term mandala is Sanskrit and translates with circle. (Read more about the Dying God archetype here), The Tau cross is a later variation, with a horizontal bar balanced atop a vertical bar, creating a “Tau,” or “T” shape. It is depicted as a triangle with a vertical line running through the center and a circle within it. I believe when people put symbols on doorframes, they are unknowingly (or knowingly) creating mental gateways for the person crossing the threshold to “rewire” their brains.