I had seen your catio photos previously but not read this post. So this is the bare bones of the catio. I just recently moved and my boyfriend is allergic to cats. Reddit . This information, however, does not have a link to you personally. Oh thank you so much for dropping by. Assuming you want to have it connected to the house, you'll have to figure out how best to accomplish that -- my friend did a tunnel-like connector framed and wired in the same way, but smaller in height and width, to run between a cat door on the house and the cat enclosure. Thanks for pouncing by! One end of the catio has a tiny (12″x12″) entryway to an L-shaped tunnel which leads into another lawn covered space. Please let me know if you need any further info, I’d be glad to advise! Or it could be a stand-alone structure. If you don’t have the space you can always go vertical or build tunnels against the roof. For the cat that likes to get away from it all, the cave dweller, there are four elevated ‘condos’ built against the side of the house. This Privacy Policy covers CanadianWoodworking.com's treatment of personally identifiable information that CanadianWoodworking.com collects when you are on the CanadianWoodworking.com site, and when you use CanadianWoodworking.com's services. Happy to post a pic. Well, that’s about the pace the catio construction has been going the past couple of days! All Rights Reserved. You may send me a pic too if you wish and I can give you suggestions. Well, that’s about the pace the catio construction has been going the past couple of days! I have even created an Instagram account for them ( https://www.instagram.com/tayo_home/ ) and probably soon they will have more followers than me (kinda funny). Should i start at the beginning of your blog?! Thanks #catio #cats_of_instagram #feline, A post shared by Kritter Kommunity, LLC (@kritterkommunity) on Jan 1, 2019 at 4:21am PST. ... cat enclosure DIY, cat io, catio designs, Catios, new yourk times catio, outdoor cat cages, outdoor cat enclosure plans, outdoor cat … “Catio Spaces’ DIY Catio Plans were chosen as one of the 10 BEST CAT PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR! If you have questions or suggestions please. Now that they have their own room, they will soon have their own Catio. Hi Ashley, thanks for pouncing by! For that matter if you want to go more sophisticated you could build it like a small shed with a wooden floor just with fencing material for the walls. Leash walking five cats is not an option! lol. So overall, outdoor access like this no matter how small the space, does wonders for their quirky little mood swings! Before we built our homemade catio space, my cats were leashed trained and that worked for a while…. Well, getting your garden going with a variety of plants is a good idea. Enriching Your Cat’s Life with a Catio As our regular readers know, we live in coyote country. Catio Construction: Days 3 & 4 You know how a cat slooowly creeps up on something before pouncing? During the Fall the catio is lush with cascading branches from the vine with giant sunflowers providing dappled shade. Measure and note down the dimensions of the area you are going to build the catio. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. That’s great! Where to start? And cats are for life. I would love to see photos of your tropical catio some time , Do you want to post your ad on thousands of advertising sites every month? For your daily dose of cheeky chirps and cuteness! For more inspiring ways to your cat’s heart, pounce on board the Chirpy Cats train and gain access to unique and fun DIY cat hacks, cat enrichment and lifestyle tips, reviews, and giveaways! Lighting Project: Dark winter evenings can be lit up nicely with this bent floor lamp. so construction has been whittled down to just a couple of hours in the morning. Add a small bistro set for the catio and camp out with kitty with your first morning coffee. I’ve twisted butterfly lights around the mesh walls and added some LED underwater lights for the fountain. Yommo is 1 year older than Tommy. so construction has been whittled down to just a couple of hours in the morning. He knew the word ‘catio’, he’s officially a cat guy! All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. Feel free to contact me on the contact form anytime if you have any specific questions! Carex grass is the toughest and they like it. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. The cat bed is strategically placed (a bit off the ground). An outdoor cat enclosure is a great option for indoor/outdoor cats. This tunnel is removable and can be flipped to face the opposite side so that the cats can have access to a different view of the yard and a fresh patch of lawn each week. But the label says it’s safe for for pets, children and wildlife and it is not a chemical so I use it on the outside fountain. For the heavy lifting I rely on my husband! In fact, some of […], Wordless Wednesday: Catio Winterizing Brr…a sudden cold front has us quickly doing a little winterizing on the catio this week. Since all the budget went to catio materials, I’ve been trying to look around and see what we could repurpose or buy used. 29-Jul-2020 : Catio Plans Reddit, For Beginners And Advanced From Experts. Hope all is well! Pinterest . Although they used to live an indoor outdoor lifestyle in my former rented house and garden, since moving to my own house I have built a catio with condos and walkways and a big sand pit toilet for all of them. Coffee is good for you. We use it to send you information about, By completing a form on this website, you will be able to receive email correspondence from. You could use PVC piping, metal or wood for the frame. what's this? HA! Below are four I think you will like! So what is the best way of merging the two worlds of a cat, indoors and outdoors? To enter certain areas of the site, you will be required to register and provide information about yourself. We hear them every evening when they come down into the valley for water and for hunting. And I couldn’t figure out what the big box thingy is?! The catio bug will not leave you after browsing through the catio pictures!Hauspanther is my go-to site for browsing the latest in modern kitty furniture and design trends for the hipster cat in your life. Assemble the catio frame by joining all the four walls together with screws. Bonus 45-page eBook: Essential Workshop Jigs and Techniques, Instant access to online woodworking library, Instant access to Exclusive online Video Library, CANADIAN WOODWORKING articles, images, videos, illustrations and other content copyright 2020, Materials for the Great Outdoors (OctNov 2012), Sharpening Spoon-Carving Tools with Wet/Dry Sandpaper, https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/admin/structure/pages/nojs/operation/site_template/handlers/site_template_panel_context/content. Chirpy Cats is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Hi there! Bottom photo: We extended the catio two years later with the additions of a floating tunnel connected by a ‘central resting station’. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The cat enclosure can include a maze of tunnels, platforms, and hiding places, or it could be a simple window box catio or even a screened-in balcony. login. Catio Spaces offers both custom designs and a variety of DIY Catio Plans that take the guesswork out of building a catio for window, deck, patio or garden.Do-it-yourself plans start at $39.95 and include a materials list, step-by-step instructions and diagrams for a successful project to complement your home and your feline’s fancy. Cheers” You’ve really got me thinking about the dynamics of it & cubbies & & &!!! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. But you could go one step further and create a mini oasis that will encourage your cats to drink after long hours bug hunting in their catio jungle! So when my husband announced that he was going to build a catio I was ecstatic yet amused. Building a catio or outdoor enclosure is one of the best gifts you can give your cat to keep him safe from harm. Your email address will not be published. building the catio has helped increase his confidence, easy steps to create your cats’ very own zen fountain, https://livingwithmyancestors.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/the-catio/. Some of our cats love the snow so we keep it open for those 10 minutes of silliness in the snow then it’s back inside by the fireplace! If you are worried about snakes, you may decide to run the wire fencing past the bottom plate down into the ground (and also use a tighter-weave fencing such as hardware cloth). These younger cats are energetic and going to need plenty of space to express their play, hunting and climbing skills. Since 2003, lumber in North America is no longer treated with the toxic chemical, chromated copper arsenate (CCA) which as the name suggests, contains arsenic. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. If you are so inclined, do some basic sketches or doodles of what you have in mind. John and I have authored 33 pet and travel books, and we're inspired by our cats every day. We have eight cats all indoors. They also prevent you from having to register repeatedly on canadianwoodworking.com or from repeatedly seeing the same ads. George spends the summer days lying in the cat condos. The patio for cats, aka catio is all the craze. We’d love to include you in an article for our blog, please send a message with photos etc! That’s fantastic! Hi, awesome site & post! I have been thinking of ideas in my head, but YOU, have inspired me to put it on paper, measure it out and buy the material. Wanna have more contents from you. Lock the mesh in place with the staples. Oh, the big “box” you’re referring to is the “central station” resting zone, which connects into three tunnel options. All the information we provide on this site is derived solely from personal observation and experience over many years living with cats. In certain areas CanadianWoodworking.com uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. edit subscriptions. Your website is awesome, thank you for caring for our beautiful purring friends !! I have now also added a bowl of water in the catio for drinking which gets changed daily. Take measurements, and be wary of the intricacies of the planned area. The catio has become our hang out at sunset and dusk and it’s quite amusing watching the cats spring into hunting mode. TROPHY CASE. It worked out pretty well. Cut two cedar wood boards, as per the dimensions, for the front and back wall of the cat enclosure. The authors, editors and related web personnel are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information on this website, nor for any errors or omissions; This website is not engaged in rendering professional advice/services; and. I like it! He also added boards to make a tabletop in the lower portion. Yesterday John bought the posts and the 2x4s for the frame. Good luck! Home/Magazine/Back issues/August September 2018/Plans/Projects/Back issues, Build a 'Catio': An Outdoor Enclosure for Cats. The idea of creating the perfect safe haven for our indoor cats to explore and experience a piece of their natural habitat seemed like the natural thing to do.