I recorded a program from SpeedHD, thinking I could make a copy for my son who has a working interest in the subject. Cloud PVR adds enhanced features, like the ability to watch PVR recordings remotely, via the BlueCurve TV App. You can connect your receiver to your high-speed Internet directly or through your home router, with an Ethernet cable, or by using a powerline bridge. All recordings saved prior to the power loss are preserved, as are future scheduled recordings. Deleted recordings are located within the Recordings section - they can be found in the last row on the page. The following is from the Rogers forum, but most of the links in post 1 are applicable. Is Cloud PVR available to existing BlueCurve TV customers? Start times may be adjusted on the Record Options screen. High-speed Internet - Your Internet connection must be capable of connecting to our servers at a minimum of 1.75 Mbps downstream for standard definition (SD) titles and 5.0 Mbps for high definition (HD) titles. I am running into copy protection now with a Media Centre computer connected to a 505 Shaw Direct receiver. How to: Connect your Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal, To program your HDPVR portal remote to work with your TV, visit, Connect with us anytime by clicking the blue chat bubble on this page, visiting. Note: You can add additional powerline bridge plugs to connect additional satellite receivers or other devices. Automatically Erase Recordings: The BlueCurve TV PVR will automatically erase programs when space is needed. All BlueCurve TV customers in areas where Cloud PVR is available. How can I access my recordings using Cloud PVR? When watching a recorded program, you can also press the Page Up and Page Down keys to skip ahead or back in five-minute intervals, which can help you get to the end of the show more quickly. Seasonal Disconnect)? Please note that lowering the maximum bandwidth rate may also lower the picture quality. This article will help you connect your Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal (MP2000 or MP2150) to your TV. Remove and reconnect the power cord from the back of the receiver, then check the "Network" status when the receiver has restarted. BlueCurve TV also provides the ability to increase your storage up to 1.5TB. Scheduling Conflicts: If you set up more than your maximum recordings that air at the same time, you may be presented with a conflict notification. In the recording list, select the recording you want to watch and then choose Watch. So... got 50 hours of programming? Recover Deleted Recordings: If you accidentally deleted a recording, no problem! If you are having issues with your Shaw PVR that you are not able to fix, give Advanced Tech a call at 1 (800) 689-3434 or (506) 472-1800. There are extant threads on this topic, like this one. ©2020 Shaw Communications. Plus, access all of your recordings or prioritize your series from the Saved menu in BlueCurve TV. Attach one cable to the wall outlet and splitter port labelled IN. I recorded a program from SpeedHD, thinking I could make a copy for my son who has a working interest in the subject. Unplug the power cords, wait 30 seconds, and then plug them back in. You can even start watching in one room and finish in another with multi-room PVR functionality. Existing recordings that are to be deleted due to reaching the cloud recording expiry time (1 year) will be removed as scheduled. How do I program my Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal remote for my TV?To program your HDPVR portal remote to work with your TV, visit urcsupport.com/shaw. With a Shaw TV box, you can also access Shaw On Demand and Pay-Per-View content. Settings lower than this will be temporarily overridden to "5 Mbps" when HD content is ordered. Delete Recordings: You can delete recordings by going to the Saved section and navigating to Recordings. Set recordings, play back shows, delete and manage recordings from all your BlueCurve TV devices. You can watch, delete and change your existing recordings remotely via the BlueCurve TV mobile app or website. Click the Menu button or swipe from left to right to open the main navigation panel. Not what you're looking for? In this instance, you may see multiple segments recorded, as your PVR will attempt to record before and after the power outage. When recordings are set to "Until Expiry", they will be saved for up to one (1) year. When watching a recorded program, you can also press the, how to schedule a recording with BlueCurve TV, BlueCurve TV PVR Features and Icon Legend. Only new recordings will be available to watch on the BlueCurve TV App. How many PVR recordings can I watch at the same time using the BlueCurve TV App? Preview Exit Preview. In the recording list, select the recording you want to delete and then choose Record Options. When your account comes out of suspension, you will once again have access to your recordings and any formerly scheduled recordings will resume as intended. Watch your BlueCurve TV PVR recordings on the go with the BlueCurve TV App, Manage your BlueCurve TV PVR storage with the BlueCurve TV App, How to schedule a recording with BlueCurve TV, How to watch PVR recordings with the BlueCurve TV App, How to delete PVR recordings with the BlueCurve TV App, BlueCurve TV enhancements - Cloud PVR and more HD channels. This will cause a picture and audio to appear on the TV your portal is connected to. The BlueCurve TV Appsite is accessible from PCs and Macs. Select Recordings under Saved to view a list of your PVR recordings. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, displays, troubleshooting, styles, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Watch TV via internet with Shaw Go apps. Attach each of the other two cables to an OUT splitter port, and then to your HDPVR portal and modem. Next Post Important Shaw Direct Information on Their Services. With BlueCurve TV you have the ability to have up to 3 BlueCurve TV Players in your home. Any recordings that are scheduled to record during a move or hardware swap will not record and therefore will not be available after the move or hardware swap is complete. What devices are supported? Although it's possible to get the programmes off the PVR in a variety of ways, there's basically no way to get them back on. Once your HDPVR portal has rebooted, the current time and blue power light will show on the front panel. or swipe from left to right to open the main navigation panel. The only way to get content off the Expander is to play the programming with the box. Press "OPTIONS" on your remote and then select "Preferences". Increased storage: With your BlueCurve TV Player (XG1v3) comes 500GB of storage so you can enjoy plenty of storage space for all of your shows. It will power on automatically. By default, recordings will automatically be deleted when space is needed for new recordings. Specify record options to end a recording late, record only new episodes, or choose channel preferences (like HD). Select the day you want to review and press OK to see programs and series that will record. Am I missing a way to view my recordings from my computer? There can only be two (2) concurrent streams of any combination of regular TV channels, On Demand content and PVR recordings. A remote, HDMI cable, power cord, and coax cable are included with your Gateway HDPVR portal. Yes you can. Re: Can I add to my PVR? To connect your Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal: To activate your Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal: Now that your Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal is activated, you can connect it to your main Shaw Gateway HDPVR, so recordings can be shared between them. See How To: Cast content from the BlueCurve TV app to Chromecast for more details. A 2-way splitter is not included but can be requested. Cloud PVR is an enhancement to the BlueCurve TV PVR. Can I watch PVR recordings on the BlueCurve TV App while moving or swapping hardware? You need at least 50 hours to be sitting there starting each program then capturing on the PC. Scheduling and watching recordings with BlueCurve TV still works the same as before. If you already have a Shaw Gateway HDPVR (XG1v3-A) in your home, make sure that device is powered on and your channels are working, before activating your new Shaw Gateway HDPVR portal. If one (or more) is "Not Available", double check all of your connections. The process is a bit complicated, because of the file system which requires Linux. To connect: Powerline bridges allow you to connect your satellite receiver to your home router when you are unable to run a direct line (for example, when your router is not in the same room as your receiver). or by using the My Shaw app. Click here for a list of areas. Unplug your HDPVR portal for 10 seconds and plug it back in to restart it. When the speed test is complete, the results will be displayed as shown below: Results of the connection speed test are recorded on the receiver and form your historic average speed, historic minimum speed, and historic maximum speed values. Cloud PVR includes enhanced features that are available via BlueCurve TV and the BlueCurve TV App. To access your list press PVR on your remote control, or select “PVR List” from the PVR section of the Menu Bar. Click the Menu button or swipe from left to right to open the main navigation panel. How to connect your 8XX receiver via WiFi, How to connect your receiver to a home router, How to verify your connection to Shaw Direct On Demand, Shaw Direct On Demand frequently asked questions, Shaw Direct On Demand - Browsing and ordering, How to connect your receiver and modem with an Ethernet cable. Learn how to connect to Shaw Direct Video On Demand, which requires a high-speed Internet connection and a 6XX or 8XX satellite receiver, and VOD must not have been disabled on your account. Once you've acknowledged the terms of service (prompt on your TV screen), you can begin using the functionality. Attach a coax cable from the coax wall outlet to the, Attach the power cord to the back of your portal and plug it into an electrical outlet.