They gather in a circle and perform some hopping moves around the circle with partially spread wings. Check this story about buzzard meaning here. This was an honorable process, as the vulture was a symbol of renewal and so, in a creative way, the deceased were given new life by their remains being consumed by the vulture. The roofers were laughing joyously. support our organization's work with endangered American Indian languages. Turkey Vulture – Spirit Animal, Totem, Symbolism and Meaning The turkey vulture, (also called the turkey buzzard, buzzard, the John crow or carrion crow), is the most widely spread vulture in the Americas. Go Kart Semi Truck Bodies For Sale, (And … that would certainly work wouldn’t it? Since buzzards find their meals through a keen sense of both sight and smell, these birds might be telling the dreamer it is time to focus on our six sense abilities more or to make an effort to train them for future use, particularly our clairvoyant and clairolfactory senses. It was here I saw dozens of vultures perched on these gnarly trees. Open your intuition to the wild kingdom and set your true self free! Specifically, the solar aspect of the newness brought about by the dawning day. They inspire us. Harry Styles Font, The turkey vulture patiently waits for its chance to get its prey. Their habitats include subtropical forests, pastures, deserts and shrublands. We all know vultures are scavengers. This totem animal is teaching you the gift of patience and waiting for the right moment to act. Your email address will not be published. Bird symbolism of vultures also deals with renewal. You know that you will eventually find or get what you seek and you wait in peace until that moment comes. There was the funny side that I saw to them when three of them attacked my bird kite when I was a kid, but there was a time when I was waiting outside for my parents to come home as I was locked outside. Thanks for reading…and remember…life is symbolic…keep interpreting! While flying, the turkey vulture uses the power of the wind mostly. I had an experience with a common buzzard in 2009. Vulture aids accomplishing tasks through great patience and vision, using your sense of smell and discernment, and how to glide and soar with your own energy. They encourage us to get a ‘bird’s eye view’ of our circumstances for different perspective. The vulture was also associated with the god Mars (representative of strategy, military, masculinity, initiations, and protection). Native American totem,