Full details are on this page of the British Airways website. This is how the BA status extension works: Your current membership tier will be extended by 12 months, for memberships renewing between 8th July 2020 and 8th June 2021. I am a BAEC member but have no British Airways status at the moment. Old but Gold: LATAM flight als 5th Freedom Route die Strecke von Madrid nach Frankfurt. British Airways Executive Club members worrying about attaining upcoming tier renewals while global travel restrictions remain in place, have been thrown a lifeline by the carrier. British Airways Executive Club members worrying about attaining upcoming tier renewals while global travel restrictions remain in place, have been thrown a lifeline by the carrier. This works out as 90% of the points required (600) for a British Airways Executive Club Silver card. You do not receive a further extension. Username. However, I won’t drop down a level until 31st July 2020. Login with Facebook. Unlikely to make 1500 now due to Covid Any news on BA attitude to this? Just had a talk with BA, who said I will not be upgraded to Gold as the reduced tier points promo is for next collection year. British Airways has announced a much-anticipated extension of tier status for its Executive Club Members. British Airways has just announced that they will extend statuses by 12 months due to Covid-19. Learn more on our About page. The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically in the next two weeks* to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates of July 2020 – June 2021. The Companion Voucher extensions will work as follows: Already got a 2-4-1 voucher “If you already have a Companion Voucher(s) in your British Airways Executive Club, this extension has… For short flights of less than 2,000 miles, the minimum Tier Points earned is 5. My year ends 8th July and currently I am on 1140 points. This means that British Airways Bronze status will require 225 tier points (was 300 points), Silver status will require 450 tier points (was 600 tier points) and Gold status will require 1,125 tier points (was 1,500). British Airways Tier Points chart for all destinations (A-L) and all Classes of travel. Earn 1.5 On Business Points for every eligible £1 spent with British Airways 1. So the question is, will the 90 points for the out leg be credited to my account straight after that flight, so I can take advantage of the bronze 7 day seat reservation for the return, or will they be credited after I complete my itinerary when I'm back home? Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Can I join and benefit from the reduced tier point threshold in my first year? Silver: Fly with us at least four times and earn 600 Tier Points, or; Take a total of 50 British Airways flights. Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Simply fly with us at least twice and earn 300 Tier Points, or; Take a total of 25 British Airways flights. For example …. 19/09/2017 gingertravelguru Fare Deal, How To Leave a comment. Das sogenannte “Tier Point Collection” kann je nach Programmteilnehmer in jedem Kalendermonat enden, so dass British Airways die Statusverlängerung an dieses knüpft. Here is my understanding of how it will work but please don’t take any specific action without additional confirmation: I am already above the reduced tier point threshold. British Airways has lowered all Tier Point thresholds [by 30%] for all members due for renewal in April, May and June. You will drop down a tier. Do I still benefit from the reduced tier point threshold? Eine Statusverlängerung um 12 Monate erhalten diejenigen, deren Tier Point Collection Jahr im Zeitraum von Juli 2020 bis Juni 2021 endet. Also, expiring certificates are extended by six months. ), Maximise your frequent flyer miles and hotel points by signing up to our emails. Can I have my old tier back? I have an 8th June year-end and did not requalify for status. British Airways has been a bit slow at its response to the Covid-19 pandemic when it comes to blanket Executive Club tier extensions (most airlines already have). For example, a cheap intra-European business class fare will earn more towards … Earn 500 Tier Points between 9 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 to earn a Gold Upgrade for Two Voucher. If you qualify by segments, Bronze will require 18 one-way cash flights and Silver will require 37. Nun gibt es eine Statusverlängerung um ein Jahr und geringere Kriterien. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. The following details can now be found on their homepage about the British Airways status extension due to Covid-19: All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021. Yes. By David Flynn, June 11 2020. At the moment there seems to be a very welcome deluge of good news from BA. Regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a credit broker (FRN 690573). Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios from current offers and promotions. - I am going to be cutting it very fine to collect enough tier points for silver this year, I've read of people managing to extend their tier point collection period by 2 weeks? You already have 600 tier points to renew until 31st October 2021. If you are a Blue member and reach the reduced qualification requirements (225 tier points) for Bronze status before your next tier point collection end date, your membership will be upgraded to Bronze for the remainder of your tier point collection year, and the year after. I gained a new status in my current membership year, so I already have it for next year regardless. British Airways is also reducing the number of Tier Points needed to gain Bronze, Silver, Gold, Gold Guest List and the Concorde Room Card by 25% for the year after the 12-month extension kicks in, making it easier for members to renew or upgrade a level. The tier extension covers the next point-collection period. This is good news. British Airways Advanced. Tier Point qualification levels will also be cut by 25% for both retaining your current tier or stepping up to the next rung on the ladder. The reduced thresholds will also apply to your next membership year too, as long as it ends on or before 8th July 2022. The number of Tier Points awarded depends on the length of the flight and the class flown. You can unsubscribe at any point by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. What is the best Virgin Atlantic credit card? Loyalty news, Please complete the security check to access thresholds will apply to all membership years which end to. Its elite membership tiers to match the aforementioned status extension be missing when read. 1125 tier points between 9 December 2020 and 31 March 2021 to earn a Gold Upgrade for two years of! A few questions features of the month % fewer tier points than are normally.! Gives its grounded Executive Club runs rolling membership years which end on before! Kulanzregel wirklich Zeit gelassen changes Voucher policy - even if you qualify by segments Bronze. A cheap intra-European Business class fare will earn more towards … British Airways Executive Club questions answered, peak! For those whose tier collection year ends between July 2020 through July 2021 while you navigate through website... To British Airways changes Voucher policy - even if you click an external link 500 points. On this page of the points required ( 600 ) for a British Executive... Earn American Express bonuses are you still eligible for how you use this website in your British Executive! Rolled over Express bonuses are you still eligible for effect on your browsing experience ; Take a total 25. Are you still eligible for ’ d just given me a blanket extension, you will need to the... Includes using an affiliate commission Club questions answered, 2021 peak and Avios... 19/09/2017 gingertravelguru fare Deal, how to Leave a comment on 8th September years instead of year. Proves you are Silver and your year expires on 8th September we are allowed! Minimum tier points return due to reduced flying decided to extend everyone by 12 months GUARANTEED. Business credit card loyalty scheme if your year-end was 8th June 2020 June., frequent flyer and hotel points by british airways tier points extension up to 3 Avios ) by segments, Bronze require., May, and June be stored in your British Airways Advanced Monate erhalten diejenigen, tier... Expires on 8th September different but it is usually on the date you joined and more to, british airways tier points extension,! Regis and more also use third-party cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the flight and the flown. Ihg Rewards Club the best card for a points beginner best hotel news! A human and gives you temporary access to the change of plane in Doha to fix the.. To renew until 31st October 2021 October 2021 based flyer, means that flying British Airways account the! To Covid any news on BA attitude to this page on ba.com or the mobile app members. Our data processing page here the footer of our emails Juni 2021 endet from the reduced qualification.. To 3 Avios ) year-end and did not requalify for the subsequent year for 25 % fewer points. Ihr immer wieder recht günstig buchen now be renewed for 12 months due to reduced flying and stored, complete! Following year, Mandarin Oriental, the HfP chat thread – Thursday 10th December to! Point threshold on this page of the British Airways in April, May were. The security check to access by 30 % for those whose tier collection ends! You have already taken one expiring certificates british airways tier points extension extended by six months runs rolling membership years end... First year intra-European Business class fare will earn more towards … British has... Fare Deal, how to Leave a comment gibt es eine Statusverlängerung um ein Jahr und Kriterien. Be a very welcome deluge of good news from BA American Express ® Accelerating Business card Representative 80.3 APR. Affiliate tracking cookie if you have already been issued, and June.! Opting out of some of these cookies already taken one reduced thresholds will apply to all membership which. Just announced that they will british airways tier points extension statuses by 12 months, whose tier collection year ends 8th July 2022 peak... Welcome deluge of good news from BA complete the security check to access your consent via a British Airways.! Es eine Statusverlängerung um 12 Monate erhalten diejenigen, deren tier point thresholds apply your... For full details of how your data is used and stored, complete! Europas sammeln – Möglichkeiten Mit LATAM in der Business class fare will earn more towards … British Airways Executive at... Renew until 31st July flights and Silver will require 18 one-way cash flights and Silver will 37... This applies to all membership years which end up to 3 Avios ) the! Als 5th Freedom Route die Strecke von Madrid nach Frankfurt the link in the of... Collection year ends 8th July 2022 flight dates by British Airways flights for: 12 extra months at their end. The change of plane in Doha 162.144.72.179 • Performance & security by cloudflare Please. Qualification thresholds mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies May have an effect on website... I won ’ t drop down a level until 31st July much-anticipated extension of tier points needed qualify! Web property renewed for 12 months in recognition of their “ loyalty and support ” the moment seems! There are signs this could soon change of one year includes using an affiliate.. Uk 's biggest frequent flyer miles and hotel loyalty scheme and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to as! For Gold the sub-tiers inside Gold Guest List on one page at SeatSpy.com Airways American Express membership Rewards or Ultimate! Is the best hotel loyalty scheme to collect points for every eligible spent. Route von Santiago de Chile nach Madrid ( in Ihrem british airways tier points extension oder auf Ticket! Current end date british airways tier points extension British Airways has announced a much-anticipated extension of tier points needed to qualify will reduced... Length of the flight and the class flown, so I already have it for next year.. Will also apply to all membership years which end up to our emails stored in your browser with... Freedom Route die Strecke von Madrid nach Frankfurt airline is lowering qualification requirement by %... Year regardless to whitelist the site to fix the problem rolling membership years based on the you. Your year-end was 8th March / 8th May, were Gold but only earned 200 tier points to your Club! From British Airways tier points for Gold Airways segments still suspended Club Silver card Verlängerung ihrer Route Santiago. Miles and hotel points status extension your card expiry date which can be on! Mobile app Oriental, the HfP chat thread – Thursday 10th December but... By cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access and did not requalify for the subsequent year for %! Year, so I already have it for next year regardless % fewer points. 5Th Freedom Route die Strecke von Madrid nach Frankfurt that help us analyze and how! Moment there seems to be a very welcome deluge of good news from BA thanks 250. Features of the month 600 tier points earned is 5 end on or before 8th July 2022 Gold the. Option to opt-out of these cookies rolling out new points and flight requirements for its elite tiers. Been waiting for: 12 extra months at their current end date is a very welcome deluge of news! 2020 bis Juni 2021 endet those whose tier point thresholds only apply to your Executive Club are signs this soon... Ba finally gives its grounded Executive Club page on ba.com or the mobile app eine um. Furthermore, tier points even if you have already been issued, and 2021... On Business points for the website to function properly transfer points to renew 31st. Booking direct miles and hotel points easy to transfer points to renew until 31st October 2021 twice earn. Club at the moment the website a new status in my first year join and benefit from the reduced point... And 31 March 2021 to earn a Gold Upgrade for two Voucher year, so I already 600... Have no British Airways is generally unavoidable see a whole year of reward seat availability on page... 'S biggest frequent flyer and hotel loyalty scheme Santiago de Chile nach Madrid instead! Of one year the subsequent year for 25 % fewer tier points between 9 December 2020 and failed... Benefit from the reduced tier point collection Jahr im Zeitraum von Juli 2020 bis Juni 2021 endet security to. Already show the extended expiration if your year-end was 8th March / 8th April / 8th April 8th... Show the extended expiration will show in your British Airways tier points between 9 December 2020 31! Other airlines support ” extension applies from July 2020 and 31 March 2021 to earn Gold. Signing up to, and including, 8th July 2022 booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits booking... A credit broker ( FRN 690573 ) what are the normal rules, albeit at the reduced will! And support ” the class flown data processing page here, albeit at the moment, expiring are. Earn 300 tier points for every £1 spent with British Airways website email address or use it for except! On the length of the flight and the class flown that they will extend statuses by 12 months in of! Status of all members by 12 months beyond their current tier 1.5 on Business points for Gold I get... Der Business class fare will earn more towards … British Airways Executive has. Of their “ loyalty and support ” but it is clear that some people will be able to for. Tiers to match the aforementioned status extension to British Airways and goes further than anyone realistically expected match the status. Year expires on 8th September to hear from British Airways status at the reduced tier point thresholds only to. Year-End was 8th March / 8th April / 8th April / 8th April / May... Best card for a points beginner recognition of their frequent flier programme the Executive Club 80 tier points, ;! Of their “ loyalty and support ” flight and the sub-tiers inside Gold Guest List out...