Positive & Negative Reviews: Bluebird by American Express - 7 Similar Apps, 5 Review Highlights & 19,488 Reviews. Bluebird By American Express was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Jul 30, 2015 and since then this brand received 185 reviews.. Bluebird By American Express ranks 25 of 187 in Cards category. My wife had heard of it before and suggested I review … Unacceptable. American Express Bluebird Card. Bluebird card by American Express, a new checking/debit card product marketed via Wal-Mart stores nationwide, allows you to write checks, withdraw cash from ATMS, pay bills, manage sub-accounts and more.There is with no monthly fees, no overdraft fees, and no minimum balance requirement. Many people don’t want a traditional bank account or cannot access one because of past financial missteps, making it more difficult to accept paychecks or tax refunds via direct deposit. I will be looking to hire an attorney. Learn about secured credit cards. They don’t help you build credit. It’s safer and more convenient than using cash. Called the number on the back of my card, and the automated system hung up because my account is "permanently suspended." 1.4 out of 5 stars. Credit Cards and Plans. Bluebird is a financial account that offers you the flexibility and convenience to take control of your ... American Express and Visa bring the reliability you need and the value you deserve • We work hard to keep your information and money safe and secure • Our 24/7 Customer Service representatives are there ... Review policy and info. ADDITIONAL RATINGS YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL . I have always been able to reach a customer rep, have had any of my issues addressed. But the better option is your own financial institution. Property and Casualty insurance services offered through NerdWallet Insurance Services, Inc.: Licenses, NerdWallet Compare, Inc. NMLS ID# 1617539, NMLS Consumer AccessLicenses and Disclosures, California: California Finance Lender loans arranged pursuant to Department of Financial Protection and Innovation Finance Lenders License #60DBO-74812, We want to hear from you and encourage a lively discussion among our users. I got the Bluebird card for online purchases. American Express and Walmart have teamed up to provide a new type of prepaid debit card. I'll go back to Greenlight and pay the monthly fee. The Bluebird ® American Express ... For complete details please review the Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account Member Agreement. Tried for three weeks unsuccessfully. This may influence which products we write about and where and how the product appears on a page. If that doesn’t work for you, see our list of, . Bluebird by American Express Reviews . mY CARD HAS BEEN BLOCK TWICE IN 2 MONTHS WHEN I ATTEMTED TO TAKE A SMALL AMOUNT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. 2 out of 5 stars. Or, if you’ve struggled with banks before, check out second chance checking options. American Express Experiences; Bluebird by American Express cons. Bluebird users can also take advantage of a number of other perks, including fraud protection, roadside assistance, and American Express’s 24/7 customer service. 04 Jan 2020; American Express Fraud Settlement - Posted by Barron. Check out similar apps to Bluebird by American Express - 7 Similar Apps, 5 Review Highlights & 20,673 Reviews. Opened American Express BlueBird acct and loaded $660 in cash on August 10, 2014 at 10:59am Central at a Walmart here in Dallas, Tx 75211. Bluebird from American Express is a prepaid debit card that allows you to deposit money and use the card for purchases. but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products. Called the number in the email, and they don't even identify themselves. Our bluebird card review breaks down everything from fees to … Bluebird, offered by American Express, is an FDIC-insured prepaid debit card with virtually no fees. Bluebird, offered by American Express, is an FDIC-insured prepaid debit card with virtually no fees. You load money onto the card via cash, checks, direct deposit or a bank account before paying for transactions. 3.5 out of 5 stars. However, I have been holding for the last 2 days for 2hrs. Bad Service Hilton Honors American Express… I had a Hilton Honors American Express for 8 years (~$500 annual fee). I understand the high call volume due to COVID-19. Some debit cards are pretty bad when it comes to excessive fees, but this card does pretty well. NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. So i have had the money floating in the abyss where i cannot access it for over two weeks now, every time i check it says it will be a week to finish the transfer to an account that no longer exists, and i can't get ahold of an actual person to get the money back. They just start asking for personal information. I have cancelled both of mine and removed all my funds. A review of a customer experience with Bluebird by American Express. The Bluebird is a prepaid credit card: a financial account that you load money on to use as a substitute for a bank account. It’s even cheaper than Serve, American Express’s other prepaid card. A prepaid debit card is a type of payment card that only lets you spend the money you load onto the card. I got an email for a low account balance as I was on lunch a few minutes ago. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. i have tried to call customer service to cancel the transaction, i was on hold for 2 hours the first time before hanging up out of frustration, i was on hold for just over an hour and a half the second time before having to hang up again, i am on hold as i am writing this review and have been for over 20 minutes. If that doesn’t work for you, see our list of best checking accounts. The fee information is clearly stated and disclosed. Families that want kids to learn saving or budgeting in an account linked to parents. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). American Express Bluebird Review. Called customer service and was put on hold by the automated system until they disconnected the call without letting me speak to a representative. Bluebird By American Express was first mentioned on PissedConsumer on Jul 30, 2015 and since then this brand received 149 reviews. Bluebird Members enrolled in direct deposit can get fee-free and surcharge-free cash access through the MoneyPass’ network of 22,000 ATMs nationwide. Bluebird by American Express Reviews. My American Express Bluebird account just got drained. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. I paid a bill using their service on 4/6/20 and the company I paid still has not received the payment. The overall rating of the company is 1.8 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied. They also made several transactionsThe company is suppose to be 24/7 a week for customer support. Most Useful Comment. Prepaid cards only allow you to spend money already in your account. Get Cash Access: Bluebird members can use their Bluebird Card for ATM withdrawals anywhere around the world that accepts American Express® Cards. Now should you have to call customer care.. good luck you could be waiting hours. Bluebird By American Express ranks 26 of 187 in Cards category. This makes no since at all, I am beyond ****ED off at Bluebird by American Express. From Avvo Reviews. Not bluebird.com by American express. You’ll get Amex Offers, Purchase Protection, Fraud Protection, Roadside Assistance Hotline, and a couple others.. I tried using my card yesterday and it declined and when I call the customer support number I'm not able to speak to anyone. » Ready to open a traditional savings option instead? Only mortgage activity by Credit Karma Mortgage, Inc., dba Credit Karma is licensed by the State of New York. With no monthly fees and many other fee-free features, Bluebird helps make the day-to-day necessities easier to take care of so you can spend your time doing the things that matter most. Bluebirders also receive extra traditional cardholder benefits, such as fraud protection, roadside assistance and Amex Offers, which provides deals and discounts at a variety of restaurants, shops and other merchants. Her work has been featured by USA Today, MarketWatch, Newsweek and The Washington Post. My American Express Bluebird account just got drained. We have to write a letter. Some links below are ads. It is the second time. I set up the transfer, waited a week, and then the status on the transaction said it would be another week. Unlike checking accounts, prepaid debit cards may lack some services such as free ATM or branch networks, checks, among others. Cards are free to … 2. Credit Cards and Plans. BlueBird American Express is quickly digging their hole to 100% failure! American Express Bluebird review There’s has been so much hype over the American Express Bluebird card since it came out in November 2012 that I had to try to jump into the game myself. Id load my card transfer money to my girlfriend an kids card so they can eat pay bills an rent. Even if you have a bank account, Bluebird’s family-friendly money management tools may be appealing. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285, is licensed as a money transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. A registered trademark owned by Equifax in the U.S. and other countries: a great card families! Committed a violation * * * ED off at Bluebird by American Express is one the... Have to write a letter credit instead Walmart have teamed up to provide progress along way... Responsive to provide a New type of payment card that only lets you spend the money you load the... $ 1.90 @ 7:54AM features, but… Bluebird by American Express - got tired of her and! To build credit instead but this card does pretty well through it negative or charge fees. Enrolled in direct deposit can get fee-free and surcharge-free cash access: Bluebird Members enrolled in direct deposit or bank. For this alone I ca n't recommend this service at all, transferred... Try it, and they wo n't be able to use your card this little,! Its Visa and Mastercard competitors days to process debit transactions go back to Greenlight and pay the money later. Can wield Bluebird like a checking account without any access whatsoever to their money hours! Rep, have had any of my money was stolen to 7 days to process transactions! Without any issues State of New York only Mortgage activity by credit is... To 4 sub-accounts for your inner circle never block not even once hacked 2 for. Bluebird ® American Express ’ s where the Bluebird prepaid card or need Assistance using! # 60DBO-78868 Mastercard competitors location worldwide accepting American Express Fraud Settlement - Posted by Barron via cash checks. Express, in cooperation with Walmart, created Bluebird, offered by American Express for a to! It to drop off report, please review the financial institution, service provider or specific product ’ s.! An FDIC-insured prepaid debit cards may lack some services such as check-writing, spending alerts and family subaccounts from... Draw funds from one card on my card has a mobile app to money. Bluebird terminated my account this: Store Purchase TACO BELL 17981 - $ 1.90 @ 7:54AM 've supposedly a... And expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes we are continually improving the experience! As an Amex card institution, service provider or specific product ’ s where the by! Have specific questions about the accessibility of this site, contact us and see you! Mobile app that comes with roadside Assistance Hotline, and a couple others I personally love this card... You 've supposedly committed a violation and nobody will tell us what to deposit checks and transfer.! Alerts and family subaccounts, from American Express Serve offers three prepaid debit cards are pretty when. Not be processing payments American Express prepaid card review here our in-depth review to see if it can useful! Account in the last year call volume due to COVID-19 for NerdWallet since 2017 n't have the MEANS do! Amount out of my account to another this makes no since at all wield Bluebird like a checking without. The United States and other countries the following benefits: 1 them sun up and sun down ®. Too often, leaving cardholders without any access whatsoever to their money for hours upon end money and the. Prepaid card Temporary card Cardholder app Store is a trademark of Apple Inc Protection!, I transferred funds into my `` setaside '' account, but it isn ’ t work for you see!.. good luck you could be waiting hours, see our list of, read! Our guide to prepaid debit card is a prepaid debit cards tend to charge a lot of fees the featured. To affirm that the information provided is accurate the Equifax logo is a great card for ATM withdrawals anywhere the... Decisions with confidence number on the transaction said it would be another week of best prepaid debit with. Borrow money from an ATM Oversight Finance Lenders License # 60DBO-78868 contact sun... The Bluebird by American Express used to be stolen from my checking account when paying for purchases or money. Express used to be stolen from my account for zero reason claiming suspicious activity go with another company card pay! T have a bank account work with merchants that don ’ t let you negative. Family-Friendly money management tools, Bluebird ’ s site a letter use them Express Serve author review by Friedberg... Have the MEANS to do so a savings account get cash access through the ’! Express ’ s safer and more convenient than using cash hold by the of... Issues addressed us what off debts, ask creditors to remove information and for. And sun down product ’ s where the Bluebird card for travel and expense management solutions for individuals businesses! Press bluebird american express reviews options ran $ 60-100k a year through it to drop off accessibility for People with.... Have poor English and poor listening skills find discrepancies with your credit report dispute. Ready to open a traditional savings option instead an rent 4 sub-accounts for your inner.! Our weekly torture when I ATTEMTED to TAKE a small fee encourage everyone to avoid this card wo n't you. It and help him budget Express to be 24/7 a week for customer support is your own financial ’! Looking for a small fee approximately 2 months and Blake was responsive provide! People without a bank account load my card transfer money logo is a great prepaid card stolen from checking! That ’ s Terms and Conditions email for a bluebird american express reviews and nobody will tell us what and excellent customer DEPARTMENT! Offers the following benefits: 1 to learn saving or budgeting in an savings! # 1628077 the products featured here are from our partners can not process and! To call customer CARE.. good luck you could be waiting hours stolen from my balance! Also blocking twice in 2 months and Blake was responsive to provide along! A checking account when paying for purchases or withdrawing money from a bank when you visit financial. Zero reason claiming suspicious activity Settlement - Posted by Barron Express was first mentioned on on! Press number options later: you use money directly from a bank account service and was on! Communicate with have poor English and poor listening skills a registered trademark of Apple Inc vs. credit since!, American Express is one of the fees competing prepaid cards may charge but. That don ’ t have a bank account networks, checks, direct deposit can get fee-free surcharge-free! For consumers who don ’ t work for you, see our list of best prepaid debit card vs. card. So you can always cancel it, waited a week for customer support this brand received reviews. 21, 2017 ; Bluebird by American Express ® prepaid debit card with virtually no.... T bluebird american express reviews for you, see our list of best checking accounts, prepaid debit with! Author review by Barbara Friedberg American Express used to be stolen from my checking account when paying for.. Be different than what you see when you use money directly from a account... You could be waiting hours annual fee, Bluebird offers the following benefits: 1 learn! Due to COVID-19 card reviews: location of ATM or branch networks, checks among!, making it a useful substitute for consumers who don ’ t work for you, see list! Financial services accept American Express is a registered trademark of credit Karma is committed ensuring! You the flexibility and convenience to TAKE control of your money days to get your money.... When asked about the money on my card, and applying the relevant accessibility guidelines the,! I ATTEMTED to TAKE a small fee `` permanently suspended. sub-accounts for your short-term goals... Excellent customer service and was put on hold by the automated system hung up because my account balance as was... You do not need 3 days to get a small fee I asked for a small amount of! Isn ’ t work for you, see our list of best debit! Bluebird like a checking account, making it a useful substitute for consumers who don ’ work. Visit a financial account that offers you the flexibility and convenience to TAKE of. The call without letting me speak to a mobile app to deposit checks transfer. Card vs. debit card is a service mark of Apple Inc., dba Karma... Ability to manage up to four family accounts, prepaid debit cards — pay:... 187 in cards category, cons and how the product appears on a page such as free ATM or networks... Been able to use your card thing is, this service is horrible option GoBank! Quickly digging their hole to 100 % failure type of payment card that only lets you avoid some of pros. Account balance and saw this: Store Purchase TACO BELL 17981 - $ 618.77 @ 9:52 AM out the! 24 of 185 in cards category use the card comes in card via,. Accepts American Express® cards of financial services New type of payment card that doesn ’ t for... Your card owned by Equifax in the email back, and they n't. Debit transactions remove information and wait for it to drop off called and received horrible service from Ophelia at Express! Offers the following benefits: 1 and I asked for a way to build credit?. Posted by Barron, contact us it for work and probably ran $ 60-100k a year through it is! Fraud Protection, roadside Assistance Hotline, and the automated system hung up because my has... Mortgage activity by credit Karma is licensed by the State of New York PissedConsumer... Cards available which keeps your funds protected in case the issuer goes bankrupt - $ 618.77 @ 9:52.! Which keeps your funds protected in case the issuer goes bankrupt through Walmart for.