It was released on 4 May 2017. The single peaked at number 65 on the Scottish Singles Chart in 2017. Bless This Acid House MP3 Song by Kasabian from the album Bless This Acid House. Till then we can't miss the last train The voice of Waldo in Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" video was the late Phil Hartman of Saturday Night Live Fame. It has also been performed in several acoustic sessions throughout 2017. Speaking about the album recording and in particular the single Pizzorno in an interview with Q magazine said this of the song "It's a beauty. Dexys Midnight Runners' "Come on Eileen" is based on a real girl called Eileen that the band's Kevin Rowland had a relationship with in his early teenage years. It's a mad time, with what's been happening – it felt like the world was caving in around me. Rip up my plans, nothing matters "In the 70s, you’d hear a lot of tunes referencing rock 'n' roll from the 50s, so I though that was interesting, me referencing acid house, which is now 20-odd years old," he told Radio X. I see my friends in all our numbers She said "[1][2] It is one of two tracks that were added to the finished album after the band decided to take the summer off in 2016, the other one being Ill Ray (The King). One day it comes and then it gets you Gotta get on home, You know we change for the better We've got time on our hands, our hands, our hands, our hands, Someday you'll find what you wanted God bless this acid house God bless this house and all its lovers, I get high for just one minute Do you know which band came up with these cosmic lyrics? The video was shot in black and white and features the band dressing up as prison inmates, performing in a squat-like setting to a crowd of revelers and punk rockers. Where Did All The Love Go? "Bless This Acid House" is a song by alternative rock band Kasabian. Speaking about the track to Radio X, Serge Pizzorno said: "I was at Mike Pickering's house and he had this poster that said 'Bless This Acid House' and I wrote it down on my phone. Pool balls, magpies and thorns without roses - how well do you know your Tom Waits lyrics? Whoa man! CD Single (PARADISE64), L.S.F. She said, I get high for just one minute A Soul Train dancer takes us through a day on the show, and explains what you had to do to get camera time. Download Bless This Acid House song on Gaana.com and listen Bless This Acid House Bless This Acid House … Welcome to Bless This Acid House, the quirky northern home of freelance musician Stuart Eminson and Rollo the rescue dog. Not much, really. The greatest song Status Quo never wrote, it's dumb, fun and guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. "[3], The Quietus in their review of the album by Patrick Clarke was less positive about the track; "'Bless This Acid House' is the record's particular nadir, and the starkest illustration of what's wrong with the new Kasabian album. Crashing waves, you're thinking it's all over Newman makes it look easy these days, but in this 1974 interview, he reveals the paranoia and pressures that made him yearn for his old 9-5 job. Speaking on the inspiration for the track he said "I went round my mate's house and he's got this [Jeremy Deller-designed] poster and I thought, 'I love that', so I wrote a tune about it, but now I'm finished. I said it's easy to remember Shooting for anthemic but landing in some unhappy medium between a limp imitation of Primal Scream's Give Out… and every 'summer anthem' a team of faceless major label songwriters could ever try to conjure. It's the one that should hang around setlists for years to come. God bless this acid house It was released as the third single from their sixth studio album, For Crying Out Loud on 4 May 2017. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, This is Kasabian songwriter Serge Pizzorno's nod to the band's rave roots. [4] It was officially released on 13 June 2017, with an extended "director's cut" version being posted by WIZ the following day. In their review for the album NME was very positive of the track, stating "Best of all is the fabulously corny 'Bless This Acid House', with its lovably naff call-and-response pre-chorus. She said I take my life and jump right in it But I felt that everyone had said enough, like everyone had had their say, so this tune is just pure positive energy. The disco song "Good Tmes" by Chic was a huge influence on early rap, providing the bassline for "Rapper's Delight.". The song was inspired by some artwork owned by '90s DJ and M People founder Mike Pickering. It was also nominated for "Best Rock/Indie Video" at the UK Music Video Awards 2017. The song was inspired by some artwork owned by '90s DJ and M People founder Mike Pickering. [3] The Japanese editions of the album include a demo version of Bless This Acid House. Gotta get on home, She said And I, Got no reason to lie "But rather than do a synth track, I thought a punk song referencing acid house would be quite cool." Both songs were recorded in January 2017. The single peaked at number 65 on the Scottish Singles Chart in 2017. Gotta hold on tight, Still life, just waiting for the weekend I give all that I got to you, to you, to you, to you, to you, to you, to you. God bless this acid house Bless This Acid House was written by Sergio Pizzorno and is the 11th track on For Crying Out Loud. Kasabian Wiki is a FANDOM Music Community. What changed when Cyndi Lauper had a hit with his song? Got a reason to try The song was nominated in the Best Track category at the NME Awards 2018. And I, Got no reason to lie Soul Train Stories with Stephen McMillian. "Tenderness" by General Public was partly inspired by the outbreak of AIDS, which at the time was thought to be contagious. It was released on 4 May 2017. I see my friends in all our numbers Deep Purple's guitarist since 1994, Steve talks about writing songs with the band and how he puts his own spin on "Smoke On The Water.". I take my life and jump right in it Bless This Acid House was inspired by a poster designed by British artist Jeremy Deller that Serge saw at Mike Pickering's house, a former DJ who now works for Sony. It's comfortably the catchiest thing here too, sounds a bit like 'C'est La Vie' by Stereophonics, which itself sounded quite a lot like Bowie. "The thing that got me into music was the rave scene. All we will ever need is right where we are, God bless this acid house (Lost Souls Forever) Promo CD (PARADISE10), Club Foot 12" Vinyl Promo Single (PARADISE07), Club Foot 12" Vinyl Promo Single (PARADISE06), West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum Tour/Arena Tour, For Crying Out Loud CD Album (PARADISE95), For Crying Out Loud 2xCD Album (PARADISE96), For Crying Out Loud Cassette Album (PARADISE97), For Crying Out Loud 12" Vinyl Album (PARADISE98), For Crying Out Loud 3x10" Vinyl Album (PARADISE100), Kasabian: Bless This Acid House Is A "Punk Nod" To The 90s, Kasabian appear to anger neighbours as they film new music video with PVC clad women in London, https://kasabian.fandom.com/wiki/Bless_This_Acid_House?oldid=15242. "[1], Reception to the single has been mixed to positive. Our fashion team at VauHaus Agency took inspiration from the eclectic mix of colour and eras and went to investigate over a G&T… Speaking about the track to Radio X, Serge Pizzorno said: "I was at Mike Pickering's house and he had this poster that said 'Bless This Acid House' and I wrote it down on my phone. Rip up my plans, they mean nothing This town is easy to forget I see my friends in all our numbers [2] Drowned in Sound were also positive about the song with Luke Beardsworth saying "'Bless This Acid House' is the best track on the album, despite the name making you wince. Shears does very little promotion, which has kept him secluded from the spotlight. (Lost Souls Forever) 12" Vinyl Promo Single (PARADISE11), L.S.F. It was released as the third single from their sixth studio album, For Crying Out Loud on 4 May 2017. Don't take the world upon your shoulder In an interview with Q Magazine, Serge described it as "one of the best tunes [he has] ever written" and one that "transformed the album completely. I take my life and dance right in it Bless This Acid House was written by Sergio Pizzorno and is the 11th track on For Crying Out Loud. That was the beginning," he told. I swear they're never gonna break you The official Bless This Acid House video was directed by WIZ and filmed in a flat in London in May 2017. [5], The video was nominated in the category "Best Rock/Indie Video" UK at the UK Music Video Awards 2017 but lost out to eventual winners Royal Blood with their video for "Lights Out". The video was nominated in the category Best Rock/Indie Video - UK at the UK Music Video Awards 2017. Bless This Acid House was first performed live on Later... with Jools Holland on 11 April 2017 and has been played at every gig of the For Crying Out Loud Tour since. "[4], The official "Bless This Acid House" video was directed by WIZ and filmed in a flat in London in May 2017. Got a reason to try It was officially released on 13 June 2017, with an extended "director's cut" version being posted by WIZ the following day. The song is nominated for the "Best Track" category at the NME Awards 2018.