I asked them why he’d been given up and was told it was because his master was having a girlfriend move in and the dog might shed, well there aren’t too many dogs that don’t shed their fur to some degree but come on he’s a very short haired dog and with proper brushing every couple days he doesn’t do bad at all. We named him Casey as the shelter name was Unique and we couldn’t see us calling him by that name. For a breed to be registered with AKC, they need a National Breed Club! She completely changed? Males usually weigh between 40 to 50 pounds, and females may weigh slightly less. Rowdy has been at Jackson Ranch since he was weaned. Some extraordinary African dog breeds originate from this, The Airedale Terrier is a strong but loving breed. She is just as tough and gritty and definitely very agile. Built strong and stocky. I’m sad for you and the pup! instructions and feed her properly but she still looks thin. Puppies can be destructive. We had her spayed which I hated to do but I have no papers,and there are too many dogs that need homes. The boys will occasionally get into a noisy boxing match to sort it out but blood has never been drawn. They can be stubborn and training needs to be ongoing. Training is everything with lots of love, affirmation and consistency. She was 5 months. I agree. He was an accidental dog that my boyfriend brought home on a whim. I don’t care how awesome your dog is. When the mood is serious he is very obedient and aims to please. Turning exquisite shiney and deep red. gets rough with him due to her size. We rescued my BMC puppy at the Humane Society and what a gift from God when I needed a close friend. Benny for short. Find Black Mouth Curs for Sale in Ocala, FL on Oodle Classifieds. An untrained Black Mouth Cur puppy ranges on average from $250 to $800. We plan to maintain his legacy with this breed going forward by updates to this web site with Curtis Ladner in mastering the original kennels . Let me tell you his ears perked up, he looked at me, wagged his tail and I got more kisses. Do all BMC dogs have a black spot on the roof of their mouth? I have a black mouth cur that is a rescue. She’s 5 months old now and a perfect size around 30lbs. She is kind of a diva about it, lol. Longevity and Mortality of Dogs Owned In England. There was some unpredictability at first in terms of aggression toward certain strangers as well as barking dogs that ran up to her. LH Ladner's Blackmouth Curs We regret to announce that our dad, LH Ladner passed away January 24 in his home with his daughters at his side and is now in the comfort of a new journey with the Lord. She knows it’s her job and she will be getting praise. Rusty is our oldest male. Maggie is a 2 year old sister to Jackson Ranch Gypsy. The shelter don’t know what happen to her before she was found. However, if he starts to annoy her she will definitely let him know and put him in his place. If not careful you will get a mix or something that is completely different and yes it’s important to know which breed you are dealing with. Some reasons the AKC doesn’t recognise breeds is if there are too few of the dogs in the country. He loves obedience classes and now going through companion dog classes. This breed is a good choice for sporting owners who plan to hunt or compete with their dogs. Black Mouth Cur mix Brevard County, Melbourne, FL ID: 20-10-07-00045 Duke is a very sweet one year old pup who developed anxiety issues due to being adopted out with anohter sibling, Then we saw the pictures of the BMC. life is good❣. In this article we take a good look at the ten most popular, There are some things to buy for a German Shepherd puppy, Beagles are a popular breed! This is the sweetest and smartest dog i have ever owned she is house broken but she will not go out in the rain she will hold it for two days if she has to we tried puppy pads with no luck. When we took her home she was very skiddish and TERRIFIED of men. They can be wary of strangers if not properly socialized. The Akita Lab mix dog is a new hybrid or “designer” dog, In this article you will learn about some of the best-loved, The typical Akita temperament is one of confidence and, The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is a rare and unusual catch, Does the idea of having a real sled dog as a family pet and, Alaskan Husky vs Siberian Husky… I wonder if it has to do with their being prone to ear infections and being intelligent enough to know that water in their ears is bad for business. If I do much as sigh she puts her paw on my should. After research I know he is a purebred BMC and we love him so much. I have a 9 month old black mouth cur. Easily house trained, affectionate, and we’re working on his play with our two small dogs. I'm about 4 mons old and will probably be a medium to large sized dog. He sleeps on our bed and thinks I need to nap with him on the couch while the news is on. Both are great guard doggies!! It is as if she is telling them, “Okay, I gave you that. There are a lot of dog breeds out there. BUBBA doesn’t think any of them should be allowed on his street let alone inside his fenced in play area. She is one that does not take much from any cow no matter the size. This is a great country dog or dog for an active person who does not have other dogs and wants protection, it is wants to be with you always. He was originally brought in as a stray puppy with giardia. I really would appreciate any help, or comments. we are trying everything but figure they are being cautious. Just curious on your thoughts. Has lots of energy and wants to “body slam” me. Any advice will help. He pulled on lead when we first got him so I went to Petco and the trainer recommended a new type of walking halter that its leash connects to a chest loop.at the breast. It’s too bad you had a tough time with that pup. They do have the misfortune of being dumped though if they were intended for hunting and prove not to be a good one. Then when she comes in the house, she is all loveable and puppy playful. 3 months later she flipped and now only wants to listen and please men. It’s a work in progress. The one thing I am concerned about is LuLu’s weight, we follow the vet’s Got a trainer and Lucky II is doing great. Three .he climb s trees catch hogs great friend. My BMC always gets mouthy with me and other adults, as puppies do, but when she was playing with that kid (for hours) she kept her teeth to herself and just wanted to have fun. I know she is still growing and she does eat like Healthy dogs perform better, whether they are hunting, herding, or performing in dog sports, and so the breed does not have some of the structural genetic defects, like hip dysplasia, found in other breeds. If you plan on hunting with your pup, you may also wish to talk with a trainer about the best hunting training protocol for your puppy. The adorable Affenpinscher is a small, compact dog. Akita Temperament – How Does This Large Breed Behave? 6 mnth old girl is super new to us - another rescue i... Riley needs a home in a quiet area with a backyard. This is well above average for bigger breed dogs. Black Mouth Curs are also good cattle dogs. I now have 2 boys and 1 girl. home house. We love him to pieces. American Bully – Your Guide to the Gruff but Tender Bully Pit, American Dog Breeds – Ten Of Our Top Dog Breeds From The USA, Gough A, Thomas A, O’Neill D. 2018 Breed Predispositions to Disease In Dogs and Cats.