This mustard BBQ sauce literally takes only a few minutes to mix together. Hi Greg, horseradish oil does sounds like it would fire up the mustard to the next level! La Mère Brazier: The Mother of Modern French Cooking. If the recipe is available online - click the link “View complete recipe”– if not, you do need to own the cookbook or magazine. He grew up in upstate New York, working through high school and college in restaurants with his father, a chef. Gives it some tang and opens up the mustard for a fuller taste. This was fine but next time I will leave out the pepper. Nice to make with simple ingredients I always have on hand. Next, add oil and vinegar and stir well until evenly combined. Loved the idea and made it with half the amount of sugar and still found it too sweet. The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. This is so delicious ! It turned a lovely golden color and was delicious! Time and again, my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I know my family will eat has landed me back here.”. ‘Made this after being frustrated by not being able to find in my area. Very nice sharp flavour that complimented the ham so very nicely. Bill is the dad of The Woks of Life family. Try this tasty sauce on a hotdog, burger, or maybe even some brisket. I've had it keep for at least a week. No cooking required! It’s a bingo dead on as one gets in China. I sweetened the recipe with Splendid to enhance the flavor, reducing the dry bitterness. If you ever have any questions about SCBBQ, feel free to contact me. I would cut down a little on the sugar next time. crushed garlic, 1 or 2 teaspoons full, your choice. So glad my store has started selling it dry bulk again. At our Chinese restaurant, we used to cover the mustard immediately after making it so it wouldn’t dry out. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars. Posted by Tasty Bastard | Mar 4, 2014 | Appetizer, Featured, Other, Recipes This is called Bald Eagle Sauce and America demands that you it while watching fireworks and listening to Lynard Skynard. If you don’t already have a junk drawer filled with soy sauce, mustard, and ketchup packets, you can also buy Chinese mustard sold in jars, but it’s not a common item. Sign up to have my recipes emailed to you. I have never tried Mustard BBQ sauce before, but this recipe looked intriguing. To serve barbecue sauces on the side, warm slightly to room temperature or slightly higher. Breakfast. 1-800-796-0220. Add a little more water or oil if you like a thinner in consistency. I have a few things going against me here; but one thing in particular is baffling me: I’m no cook, but I am assuming you’re not using Valvoline 10W40 in it–so are we talking any type of oil in particular (canola oil? This is a perfect sauce for pork, but also great on burgers. Even a whiff will make your nostrils flare! I'll be making this more often. Krissy. Has a good, rich mustard flavor! Posted by Tasty Bastard | Mar 4, 2014 | Appetizer, Featured, Other, Recipes This is called Bald Eagle Sauce and America demands that you it while watching fireworks and listening to Lynard Skynard. This mustard BBQ sauce is so easy to make, spicy, & flavorful! This worked out great for our eggrolls tonight! Add a little more water or oil if you like a thinner in consistency. My egg was regular sized as opposed to a large egg. At Eat Your Books we love great recipes – and the best come from chefs, authors and bloggers who have spent time developing and testing them. I added a little liquid smoke cause I wasn’t grilling with it . I make mine using just water and Chinese mustard powder. This mustard-based barbecue sauce takes the whole concept to a new level. Enjoy! But that’s the beauty of home cooking. This recipe does not currently have any notes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Now I wanna check with you every time I do something – yes I was putting the rice vinegar in – not anymore! Any time you are measuring and/or pouring liquid, these are simply the best to have on hand. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We’d stir it up before serving. In a pinch, prepared dijon mustard is a potential substitute, but I can hear one of my old buddies saying.