The company was founded by two college students who have similar bike ideas and a passion to develop better bikes. 90. I have an Aventon Mataro (with a carbon fork) and it is perfectly fine. The Push branded short and shallow bars drop bars were comfortable and completely appropriate for racing. Facebook. (but the fork thing is for the frameset, not the frame alone). Aventon claims that the warranty you get will depend on the bike you have purchased and the laws that govern the country or state you have purchased the bike in. Aventon is quite serious when it comes to the construction of their frames. The bike uses an Aluminum frame which is not only light, but strong enough to handle all the tough activities. Aventon builds light strong bikes that can be used for different activities. A colorful bike will be noticeable but is a great bike if you take care of it and it if is meant for fun activities such as tricks and races. Aventon has two main models; the Mataro and the Cordoba. Comes with both front and rear wheel brakes and a flip flop hub for a convenient change from fixed to single gear. It makes sense – the Kriteriums are a fine street tire, with built in puncture and wear resistance. I love it. • Contact Us It’s loaded with features that make it a pleasure to assemble and ride. (but the fork thing is for the frameset, not the frame alone). You can also choose the push aero drop handle bars that also enhance your pedaling strength. The aluminum frame makes the bike strong but heavy at the same time. A quick look at Aventon bikes will tell you that the frame is strong but what you might get wrong is the weight. • Comment Policy Contact us to connect with them. • About Us, Bikerumor Pic Of The Day: Lower Silesia, Poland, Industry Nine Torch Road Alloy wheels: Development, first rides & actual weights, Insider Interview: Zipp explains hookless tubeless rims for road bikes. By. The pricing will of course be affected by the kind of bike you are buying and where you are buying it … The proprietary Aventon seatpost developed for the Mataro features an angularly indexing head to lock the saddle angle. Keep in mind that a dull bike will be less noticeable and thus less likely to be stolen especially if you have to leave it outside. The proprietary Aventon seatpost developed for the Mataro features an angularly indexing head to lock the saddle angle. Not ideal for slick, steep, wooden tracks. And once it was up to speed, it felt like a much more expensive bicycle.eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'bikerumor_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_5',623,'0','0'])); There were two things that challenged me about the actual ride of the bike. Replacement Dropout Set for 2018 Aventon Mataro. I was just there with my roadie getting my fit fine tuned by Jim Manton at ERO Sports (highly recommended, incredible person). What do you get when you handpick the favorite features from various top tier bikes and put it all in one? i've tried the leader and it wasn't great at all. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. And, generally, the level of finish in the frame itself was much higher than expected for a bike of this price point. That all said, I wouldn’t change anything about it. I bought one, haven't ridden it yet, still waiting on parts. $100+ orders to 48 states. Augusto Peraza, the co-founder of Aventon is experienced in the bike world and therefore understands the needs of different riders. I'd let you ride mine if you were close. (I already have something similar, though this bike looks better). The Cordoba is solid though, just don't use the original fork for any Aventons. that's good to know, i might consider getting one in the future, because i love the look of them, its just that they obviously had some trial and error kinks to work out with the prototype/beta frames. Aventon was created in reaction to the mass-produced, consumer direct, low price and low quality steel and aluminum bike brands that erupted with the fixie boom of the mid-aughts. The stock Aventon Push saddle was perfect. Does anyone have thoughts? Twitter. 0. The frames are designed and constructed by professionals. You should also pack all the elements when returning an item. What makes the new Mataro so exciting for me isn’t that it’s already grabbing medals. However, if previous Aventon models are any indication, more colors are likely on the way. While most fixies come with a single brake for the front wheel, the Aventon bike has both brakes because of the flip-flop hub that allows you to change from fixed gear to single gear. Archived. Plus, for the unbelievably low MSRP of $589.99, you can have a complete bike that’s actually race ready, with a completely reasonable entry-level build, minutes out of the box. Pinterest. I’m not going to lie, though, the color, graphics, and bright accents grew on me.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'bikerumor_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',107,'0','0'])); At this time this Midnight Blue colorway is the only color offering available. I’ve already recommended it as my current favorite first new track bike to new riders coming through my velodrome. We cover the shiny new things, with in-depth interviews and detailed stories about how the bicycles and components work, plus reviews to see if they live up to the hype. This is because the fixie culture has been all about colors. If I were to buy an Aventon frame, I'd get the Cordoba over all other models because it doesn't have the same possibilities of issues that the Mataro or the Mataro Low has, primarily having to do with the seat post/tube, and the fork snapping in half due to bad engineering. The two founders have a strong background in the manufacturing of bikes and a will to push the fixed bike idea further with their own special style. In the world of bike colors, Aventon does not disappoint. Learn how your comment data is processed. Carson is a notoriously slippery track – and the Kenda Kriterium 25mm tires, brand new and fresh out of the box, felt a little cheesy on the wooden surface. The bike is a combination of different styles from different bikes and this makes it a unit with great benefits. To me it's not as flashy as the Mataro but it still keeps the track inspired look. Bikerumor.com is the world’s largest cycling tech blog. So use the Cordoba frame but not the fork? CONTEST! pop can? Aventon is a young bike company dealing with high quality bikes. What's 2+2? You can have a detailed explanation on the warranty terms and conditions that govern the issuance of warranties from this company.