from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Our desire is to encourage others to learn, love, and live the word of God. And yet they lived and died with the fullest faith that God will fulfill all these promises. as we realize his superiority. Why then did God accept Abel's offering and reject Cain's? Did Jesus Rise Bodily from Dead? To those who do not have faith, 'seeing is believing' but to those who have faith, 'believing is seeing.' Craig Keener states “Like most ancient moralists, the writer uses human models to illustrate his chosen virtue, but his illustration of the virtue of faith is the initiator and fulfiller of faith. 1. This is actually the climax of the whole list of heroes of faith - Hebrews 12:1,2 'Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.' This was how God introduced of himself to Moses at the time of the Exodus (Ex 3:6 'I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'). How blessed we are to belong to Him, and that He belongs to us! B. 3. May this motivate you to have the same faith in God that the patriarchs had. The Necessity of FaithThe chapter begins with a definition of faith: 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.' It would be difficult for Abraham to offer any of his sons as a sacrifice, but doubly so for Isaac who was the child of promise. E.g. Thus far in our study of the book of Hebrews, we have seen many interesting points of contrast between the old and the new, and each point of contrast gives us a fresh appreciation of the supremacy of Christ. This message comes from Proverbs 3:5-6. The One who created the universe, and holds it together. He endured even the shame and agony of the Cross. Bible Gateway Recommends. The word 'embrace' is the same word used to describe how one would greet a good old friend - with no hesitation at all, but with welcome, open arms. My future, my destiny, my reason for living is derived from the ONE who gave me life. (Ephesians 6:17b) by Rev Charles Seet, 22 NovAnnual ECG Check-Up (2 Corinthians 5:6-10) by Pr Lee Hann Yang, 29 NovGospel Sunday: Know Jesus, Know Peace (John 14:27) by Rev Ho Chee Lai, 8.00am Worship I9.40am Sunday School11am Worship II / Filipina Svc2.30pm Thai Service4.00pm Indonesian Service5.00pm Evening Service. We hope it is a blessing to you in your walk with Christ. May we, like Enoch seek to walk with God and fervently warn others about the second coming of Christ - that they may flee from the wrath of God. If we keep looking unto them alone, our faith would never rise above their imperfect faith. He focused determinedly all that His Father had for Him, enduring  tirelessly, the challenges that confronted Him. © 2020 SermonSearch. They hid him for three months and after that, when they could no longer hide him, they floated him down the Nile in a basket, even though the river was known to have crocodiles. But My righteous one shall live by faith; And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him. Another translation says our leader and instructor. Although Joshua is not mentioned at all in this verse, anyone who knows the account as given in the Book of Joshua will recognize the key role that he played in the conquest of Jericho. (. We have … Let us never leave Him at any time nor forsake Him for anything or anyone in the world. Because of this, He wants you to look  unto  Him alone trustfully, for you to access and enjoy all the blessings, He has for you here and hereafter. What if the waters could not hold up long enough for everyone to get across? Now that you have Christ in your life, love Him, be sure to always treasure Him and never let go of Him. We are to view the suffering of Jesus as a paradigm of not just suffering, but how to suffer. My purpose in life is not wrapped up in fulfilling this world’s expectations of me. May the Lord richly bless you. JOSEPH (v.22)We come now to v.22 where we see the faith of Joseph described 'By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.' Copyright © 2020 Life Bible-Presbyterian Church. KJV Study Bible, Large Print, Hardcover, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition. How does enduring mistreatment without retaliation advance the cause of Christ? The Author and Finisher Mark Baker Hebrews 12:2 Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. But an even greater miracle was the virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. See the earthly and eternal blessings His Father had for Him. Or am I trying to please man? For more from Living Word, visit www.theliveword.com, A message by Justin Oakes on finding God’s direction for our lives. All Rights Reserved.