The 79-year-old star was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in March, and has been public about his struggles throughout his treatment. “I’m not gonna delude myself. Though he said he is ready if it’s his time, Trebek said that doesn’t mean he’s giving up. Instead of choosing an answer to the "Final Jeopardy!" The show tweeted about the interaction, writing, "Couldn't have said it better ourselves, Dhruv! Trebek said he’ll keep fighting through to the end. Trebek now wears a wig to cover hair he’s lost in chemo. I know that,” Trebek said. © 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. Be in the know. GAME show icon Alex Trebek is brushing off his brain surgery as a “slight medical problem” — but pals fear the TV host is in dire Jeopardy! What is ballot harvesting — and should you hand your ballot to a stranger? Eddie Hassell, "The Kids Are All Right" actor, killed in Texas, Johnny Depp loses libel case against tabloid's "wife-beater" story, Rapper Lil Wayne meets Trump and praises his "Platinum Plan", Springsteen criticizes Trump's "nightmare" presidency, Chrissy Teigen opens up about losing baby in emotional essay. Trebek sat down last week with Canadian news anchor Lisa La Flamme to discuss his recent cancer diagnoses, its remission and return. Disclaimer: "Jeopardy!" Every day, more than 1,200 people worldwide will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and an estimated 1,180 die from the disease. But one man took the kind words a step further — and delivered a surprise answer during an episode of the game show that nearly brought the icon to tears. may be nearing an end as his battle with cancer continues. "Cost you $1,995. Alex Trebek, 77, At Death's Door! As the host read the message, he began to choke up. Alex Trebek, the Canadian icon who’s hosted the game show, “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years, wants the world to know he’s not afraid to die. However, Trebek told LaFlamme that the follow-up immunotherapy did “diddly squat” and the cancer came back 50-percent higher than his original diagnosis. The longtime Jeopardy! After undergoing chemotherapy, Trebek returned to the "Jeopardy!" host’s secret surgery to remove massive blood clots on brain. He is set to resume chemo treatments. Jeopardy! Fans of longtime "Jeopardy!" / CBS News. He added that "there will come a point when they (fans and producers) will no longer be able to say, ‘It’s okay.’”. J-Lo's $4.5 Million Wedding, Amazon …On The Future Of Voice Assistants. "Jeopardy!" In March he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, then in May said it was in remission after undergoing a round of chemotherapy and he was back in good health. “I’ve lived a full life, a good life, and I’m nearing the end of that life. Alex Trebek's battle with pancreatic cancer. Trebek, 79, has hosted the award-winning game show, “Jeopardy!” since 1984, when it was revived in its fourth iteration. You're left with five bucks. How do I vote in my state in the 2020 election? stage in September to kick off season 36 of the iconic game show. Jeopardy! First published on November 11, 2019 / 11:45 PM. When the camera panned, Trebek appeared to be getting emotional. #WeLoveYouAlex pic.twitter.com/JPpXjF2ifZ, The 79-year-old star was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in March, and has been public about his struggles throughout his treatment. Jeopardy! If it happens, it happens. In August, the venerated television host said he finished chemotherapy, but suffered a "dismal" setback and had to resume chemotherapy.Trebek, 79, revealed he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in March. “I think Alex is trying to put the best face possible on a bad situation,” says a buddy. question of Monday night's "Tournament of Champions" game, contestant Dhruv Gaur wrote "We ❤️you, Alex!". “Jeopardy!” premiered for its 36th season with Trebek in September and aired its 8,000th episode last week. "They’ll have to find a new protocol or whatever to administer. Former ambassador to Ukraine says Trump pushed to oust her. Trebek suggested in an interview last month that his tenure with "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek have been sending messages of love and support since the star revealed he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer earlier this year. Pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival rate of all cancers, because the lack of obvious symptoms or an early screening test means people are often diagnosed at an advanced stage, according to the World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition. You can read up to 3 premium stories before you subscribe to Magzter GOLD, Get unlimited access to thousands of curated premium stories, newspapers and 5,000+ magazines, How To Listen To Podcasts On Your Amazon Echo, Love Don't Cost A Thing? Danielle Garrand is a social media producer and trending reporter for CBS News. "There are weaknesses I feel in my body, but I can always suck it up when it comes to tape the show,” he said. With more mail-in ballots, officials urge patience on election night, Americans and the right to vote: Why it's not easy for everyone, Why some mail-in ballots are rejected and how to make sure your vote counts. and will be dead in just nine weeks! is distributed by CBS Television Distribution, a division of ViacomCBS. Couldn't have said it better ourselves, Dhruv! Sources say he’s “bedridden and close to death.”. host Alex Trebek shared a health update, exactly one year after revealing his stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. host’s secret surgery to remove massive blood clots on brain. Trebek’s current contract runs through 2022, but the host said he might have to step away sooner. Longtime Jeopardy! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox. Postal Service faces delivery delays, U.S. battles coronavirus surge as states see record new cases, U.S. braces for possible Election Day violence and unrest, CBS News coverage of voting rights issues. The deadly clots formed after Alex fell and banged his noggin in October. Alex Trebek, the Canadian icon who’s hosted the game show, “Jeopardy!” for more than 30 years, wants the world to know he’s not afraid to die. Thank you," Trebek responded. The show's Twitter account later posted a longer video. Small sores in his mouth give him trouble enunciating some words. “We’re back on the chemo and we’ll see if the numbers go down.They can’t keep doing it forever, of course," he said. Okay," the television personality added, as he appeared to get close to tears. #WeLoveYouAlex." But the following week, he revealed he was returning to chemotherapy after his "numbers went sky high.". “Alex incurred blood clots on the brain after the fall, but he didn’t realize it at the time,” says the source. What happens if the president doesn't accept the election results? We’ll play it by ear and keep chugging along until we either win or lose.”. "That's very kind of you. Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Why should I be afraid of that?”. He’s had a rough 2019. Updated on: November 12, 2019 / 11:04 AM host announced a pancreatic cancer diagnosis in March, then remission in May, but now says tumors are worse than ever. The heartfelt moment has also gone viral on Twitter, accompanied by the hashtag #WeLoveYouAlex. host Alex Trebek said he is not afraid of dying and admitted he is "nearing the end" of his life after he suffered a setback in his cancer battle. The pivotal post-Election Day dates you need to know, A behind-the-scenes look at how mail-in ballots are processed. Since his Dec. 16 operation to remove massive blood clots from his brain at L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the 77-year-old hasn’t left his home, insiders reveal. In that time the show, and its host, became pop-culture mainstays. Globe | January 29, 2018. GAME show icon Alex Trebek is brushing off his brain surgery as a “slight medical problem” — but pals fear the TV host is … Live Updates: Trump and Biden holding their final 2020 campaign rallies, How Trump used COVID-19 to shut U.S. borders to migrant minors, Judge rejects attempt to block 127,000 drive-thru votes in Texas, Gunmen open fire in Vienna, killing 1 and wounding 15, Florida voters may boost minimum wage boost to $15 an hour, On election eve, U.S.