“I want the police officers who are listening today to know that I appreciate the good work that so many of you do. When so many people are out of jobs and our city has such deep needs, I don’t think it’s the right time to increase the pay of city government employees again. To move ahead with the other aspects of the rebalancing package, I am hoping my colleagues who voted to disband the Nav Team will reconsider their votes. And so it’s not so much about who I like or whether or not I like their decisions; I could vehemently disagree with their decisions.

an Internet for All action plan focused on achieving equity, an audit of Seattle’s bridges focused on safety, and. A third significant change is still in the bill, a provision in Section 17 that would change how landmarked properties are treated during the permitting process.

SDCI is holding a public scoping meeting on the issues to be addressed in the EIS on Wednesday, September 15, at 4:00 p.m. SDCI’s notice of that meeting and information on how to participate is HERE (download “Notice of Public Meeting.pdf”). Sorry, but there’s no democracy do-over for buyer’s remorse.”, 2011 article in The Stranger on case of Richard Colin: https://www.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/06/03/council-bill-would-direct-city-to-pay-all-costs-of-defending-conlin-against-recall, The Council Bill that set a precedent in 2011: http://clerk.seattle.gov/search/council-bills/117195, 2011 Seattle Times article on the winning case of Richard Conlin: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/judge-throws-out-petition-to-recall-seattle-council-president/, “I had been looking forward to a standard ‘pilot project’ on scooters that would measure results as we are seeing elsewhere in King County but, unfortunately, this SDOT legislation is not a real pilot project,” said City Councilmember Alex Pedersen, Chair of the Transportation & Utilities Committee. Last month the State of Washington filed FOIA lawsuits in U.S. District Court against all four. For more info, CLICK HERE. I had been looking forward to a standard ‘pilot project’ on scooters that would measure results as we are seeing elsewhere in King County but, unfortunately, this SDOT legislation is not a real pilot project. Mark your calendar for a District 4 virtual town hall on the evening of October 8 to hear your views and answer your questions about the $6 billion city budget.

Repealing Loitering Laws that Disproportionately Impacted People of Color (see below). We recognize, however, that some are not. In fact, there is a very compelling precedent.

Seattle is a city that rightfully prides itself on world-class technology, but the COVID crisis has laid bare the inequities and injustices of the Digital Divide. I hope you’ll join me at a virtual town hall to discuss the Mayor’s budget, its impacts on District 4, and to voice your priorities for our city government budget process. For small businesses, the Washington State Department of Commerce launched a Community Small Business Resiliency Grant Program using $5 Million of Federal CARES Act Relief Funds.

See you on October 8 for the virtual Budget Town Hall for our District 4 ! Applications will be accepted between until 12 p.m. October 28, 2020. Thanks to those who participated virtually in the District 4 Budget Town Hall on October 8, 2020. Only 5% of our classes are currently meeting in person. After receiving the Mayor’s proposed budget and several days of presentations from City departments, City Council entered the “Issue Identification” step of the budget process.

While a majority of my colleagues approved it at my Committee on August 19 and at the full City Council on September 8, I was personally not willing to vote yes for something that, in my opinion, lacked details. After much consideration and listening to many from all angles, I believe these are significant downpayments toward bigger changes, as we use our Fall budget process (October + November) to craft a more thoughtful, sustainable plan for improved community safety. “. Under the SDCI Omnibus Bill, the power to authorize alteration of sites is transferred to the SDCI. It’s also apparent that the teams will need more data analysis support to follow-up with the growing number of cases and to analyze trends with patient care and hot spot locations. We have nine more budget committee meetings to close the COVID-caused budget deficit of over $300 million for this calendar year. We have seen a sharp rise in homelessness in our district and I’m hopeful this will help to address it until shelters throughout our region can restore their capacity, until the new Regional Homelessness Authority is fully addressing this regional problem– all while our Seattle Office of Housing continues to fund the construction of permanent affordable housing as fast as it can. In addition, I’m asking for these items as part of our budget process: PARKS IN D-4: There’s a new park open on Portage Bay in District 4! For the joint press release on the Internet for All report from the Mayor’s Office and City Council CLICK HERE, and for more on previous Internet for All efforts, please see my blog post by CLICKING HERE.