Aug 6, 2020. The AJP PR7 600 Adventure priced at RM 55,000 while the KTM 250 EXC‑F motorcycle has a price tag of RM 44,000 . it is available in 1 variants in the Malaysia. One of the PR7’s main strengths is its overall balance and handling. The bike’s lightweight and low placed fuel load makes it fun to throw around in the bush, while the suspension feels firm and planted. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Change ).

Learn how your comment data is processed. I always feel that shortcuts taken on obvious things could mean other shortcuts on unseen thing. By comparison, the thick but too steeply raked 650X screen (below) felt like a wind hose. But other than that he was very happy with it. Tipping the scales at 165kg fully fuelled and ready to ride, it’s close to 100kg lighter than the current glut of big capacity adventure bikes on the market, making the PR7 a truly capable bike off-road – and one you can pick up easily on your own should things go awry. AJP has done an impressive job, delivery a rally inspired machine with real off-road adventure riding aspirations. It feels alive and akin to a competition bike in terms of throttle response, but its spread of power and wide gear ratios are better able to deliver the goods on the road and fast trails.

Le moteur de la PR7 est compact, léger et moderne, il correspond parfaitement à la philosophie de la moto et constitue en même temps une excellente option. The PR7 costs £8500, which is slightly cheaper than the £8699 Yamaha T7, and considerably less than the £11,099 you have to fork out for a KTM 790 Adventure or the £11,999 Adventure R. There are no complicated electronics providing different engine maps or traction control settings.

I think that’s his cell phone. the exclusive us importer and distributor of ajp motorcycles, parts, and accessories.

The heart of the PR7 is a compact, light and modern engine, equipped with a balancing shaft (low vibrations) and a 6 speed gearbox, making it perfect to match the philosophy of the bike. Its small screen and stacked headlights give a decent amount of wind protection and it has enough space to mount a road book holder should you need one.

Hi Ian, I’m afraid I didn’t ride it long enough to be able to tell. JavaScript appears to be disabled, Ricky Carmichael to race Suzuki RM250 two-stroke at AUS-X Open, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Ironman National Highlights, EPIC BATTLE: Cairoli vs Gajser MXGP Trentino, How To Seal a Leaky KTM Power Valve Cover. A red alloy rear brake pedal, sizeable alloy foot pegs and outer fork tubes complete the bling. I have always been an adventure enthusiast and love to explore new territories with my colleagues. The 600-cc engine has loads of smooth power for the claimed 48hp (some say 58; which must be the fierce  ’60-hp’ version), but it and the gearbox were much less harsh than I expected. Discussion in 'Bikes' started by DeBandi, May 26, 2019. Some people are changing 5th and 6th gears from the SWM to get a wide ratio box. Vibes are minimal, with just a hint of tingling through the ‘pegs at highway speeds, but on the dirt you barely feel it.

( Log Out /  Jul 11, 2020. But I got the feeling it would sit at 70 with power to spare and no excessive vibes. Share your vehicle story with the world. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. ( Log Out /  Thanks Chris, If trail riding, adventure travel or even competition is your thing then the new PR7 is a bike that requires serious consideration. I have had my eye on this bike for a while and is likely to be my next purchase.

With the adventure bike class taking a step away from 250kg big capacity monsters and moving towards middleweights such as the new KTM 790 Adventure and long-awaited Yamaha Ténéré 700, Portuguese manufacturer AJP have taken things a step further. The fuel filler is now in a more conventional position compared to the 250 AJPs, but the 17-litre tank remains low and out of the way under the seat, like 650 and 800 BMWs (and an NC, as it happens). I got up to 60 before I realised I was still in 4th (been riding an auto lately) and I briefly saw 80 in top where I noted the screen worked very well. Riding it like a dirt bike, standing up, weight forward, delivers best rewards. With its 17-litre fuel tanks mounted at the rear of the bike – like mini panniers – the weight is low and evenly spread, which gives makes it feel light and manoeuvrable. This bike redefines the word ‘adventure’ in every sense. Depends what or how you will be riding. The PR7 600 Adventure Competitors are: Kawasaki KX450F, KTM 250 EXC‑F, Sherco 250 SE-R, Sherco 300 SE-R and Sherco 250 SEF-R. Copyright © Zigwheels 2014-2020. The fuel-injected (45mm throttle body), balancer shaft equipped and button-start-only six-speed SWM motor is wrapped in AJP’s trademark twin-spar steel and aluminium frame design, and the 17 litre Acerbis under-seat fuel tank remains, giving the AJP PR7 a slim feel. No ta.

The absence of a traditionally positioned fuel tank means there is less mass high up on the bike, delivering a lower centre of gravity.

With only 1.8 litres of oil in the engine, service intervals are 5000km (5500 on the SWM) which include valve checks (same as a Himalayan), but as you can see on the right (click to enlarge) a few people have already done long trans-continental trips on PR7s. The PR7 side racks and packs designed and supplied by Jason Barrett, Sydney, are available upon request. Wjy no Barkbusters at that price? Otherwise the suspension and handling package is clearly off-road ready. I would love to get your thoughts on the ratio spread in the gearbox. Hardly call that protection. The company also has several more affordable bikes with Asian motors in European chassis. Company Number: LP003328 Registered Office: Academic House, 24-28 Oval Road, London, NW1 7DT. Your email id & mobile will not be displayed with it.

The 600cc single-cylinder engine may not be at the cutting edge of technology but it’s a proven unit used by both Husqvarna and SWM.