Even the weather can play a role. But we were able to bring them back from a “almost dead” condition. 1.. if it’s not, connect one of your lights and then check the draw voltage.

If you have a truck, you might get away with a 10 or 15 amp charger, but a lower one would still be healthier for your battery.

As far as the specs, I know the 31 commercial will put out more CCA, and the outside sales rep said they will allow “deep cycling” as well as an AGM battery. GEL cells require a lower charging voltage, while Calcium cells need a much higher “stratification” charge from time to time. I’m told gel batteries are? The battery is stored in the boot and is easy to access…basically it’s a long way from the engine heat….
Very interesting indeed. If you don’t charge them properly with a charger that KNOWS it has AGM batteries connected then you will ruin them quicker than you expect. so there is where my experience is. 20 amp hour rate:105 The later models (from Honda etc.) there is a poor electrical connection between the charger DC output and the battery posts. (02) 7801 1874

Cold weather also affects charging AGM batteries. Polarity:Left Positive

Why is it not discharging while sitting for a month? BU-804: How to Prolong Lead-acid Batteries, BU-804a: Corrosion, Shedding and Internal Short, BU-804c: Acid Stratification and Surface Charge, BU-805: Additives to Boost Flooded Lead Acid, BU-806: Tracking Battery Capacity and Resistance as part of Aging, BU-806a: How Heat and Loading affect Battery Life, BU-807: How to Restore Nickel-based Batteries, BU-808: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries, BU-808c: Coulombic and Energy Efficiency with the Battery, BU-810: What Everyone Should Know About Aftermarket Batteries, BU-902: How to Measure Internal Resistance, BU-905a: Testing Starter Batteries in Vehicles, BU-912: How to Test Mobile Phone Batteries, BU-1002: Electric Powertrain, then and now, BU-1002a: Hybrid Electric Vehicles and the Battery, BU-1002b: Environmental Benefit of the Electric Powertrain, BU-1003a: Battery Aging in an Electric Vehicle (EV). There is a plethora of lies, damn lies, and specs.

, 260 Amp/h AGM, 530 Watt Solar + Kipor Backup Gen. A good thread and some good info but I thinks the, theory and practice collide from time to time. Pro: There is a big difference in a boat vs car, don,t think your car is grounded like a boat, and connected to shorepower for charging. Correct Voltage for Charging AGM Battery The optimal charging voltage of the AGM battery chargers is from 14.6 to 14.8V for deep cycle use and from 13.6V to …

For small AGM batteries of 5, 7, 9, 12 ... 20 Ah the most common defect is corrosion / internal interruption. Or is this battery shot? Does anyone have a chart that shows battery voltage values converted to relative battery percentage left for the 2 6V 400 batteries?

The pulse charger has high voltage peaks (20… 200V!). I hope the AGM 9A will last longer, we’ll see. batteries. After 3 years and nearly 90,000 miles and a lot of starting and stopping it now reads 608 amps.

A 1.5 amp trickle charger can charge a 50% discharged small car battery (200-315 CCA or RC 40-60) in about 15 to 19 hours, a mid-sized battery (315-550 CCA or RC 60-85) in 19 to 25 hours, or a large car battery (550-1,000 CCA or RC 85-190) in 24 to 46 hours. Please suggest the best possible routine for charging the batteries so that I could get most out of the battery and also increase the life of the battery to the maximum extent possible. Its funny that you have absolutely nothing to offer on here. Keeping them at levels above this can over-charge them. I am looking to use the standard GMC alternator to charge the house batteries.

After 24 hours charging and resting the voltage quickly drops to 12.4V. However, when charging them for first time, and watching/measuring each battery of 4 in the string for excessive voltage, one battery stayed at 13.8 while others made up difference of little higher than expected. (03) 8813 0334. 0000000828 00000 n I have a used 2012 BMW with an AGM that I charge weekly about 12 AH (1/2 X peak current X hours) to take advantage of the correlation of cycle-life with average State of Charge. At rest means not being currently charged by a charger/solar panels or discharged by devices attached to the battery bank. A few dollars more than non-AGM, but well worth it to postpone the time when some freezing-cold morning, my car doesn’t start. but this site says the AGM charges FASTER than the wet lead-acid battery.

Penrith (02) 7809 0926, TAS

The Top 5 AGM Deep Cycle Batteries They have the highest CCA available and the best guaranty. All of the above is a lot of interpretation rather than factual however some have written good factual data. Stats on Sam’s Duracell 31 group AGM-marketed as “deep cell” that many on this post seem to use as a cranking battery: Do some research before coming on here and bashing the author. - you could also add to the “cons” list for lithium that they are not recyclable and have some unresolved safety issues.

The risk of overcharging, out-gassing of hydrogen and hydrogen sulfide at large levels can be expected. The wet ones needed replacing this year.

Have enjoyed the comments and info on the site! Unit of Measure: Each The same batteries could be charged in about 12 hours, 16 hours, and 24 hours with a 4-amp charge, respectively. Freight Class:65 An AGM or a standard deep cell battery. 2. My battery maintainer does not seem to work on my new AGM battery for my motorcycle.. What is wrong?
Interesting site. I’ll let you get back to what you were reading! Some customers think that calcium batteries are completely different to lead acid batteries, but they just represent another generation of the lead acid battery.”

Maybe it can’t make up it’s mind to charge or not to charge.

I have been stating this fact frequently in many posts.

well back to the facts,,all i’ve read and studied on the web,, the older acid flooded batteries have much thicker cells than the agm,, the agm needs many more plates to get the cranking amps up,, a deep cell battery has much thicker plates-agm plates are on the average of .040 thick-storage batteries are .110 to .180 and golf cart-forklift batteries are .250 area,,the agm batteries need not over 10 amp charge for long life,, plus need a [smart] charger that turns off in float mode then on in @ 80-90% charge. Dr. Grzegorz Pilatowicz. Merrylands (Parramatta) and yea, they’re damn expensive :/. so should i use a battery charger if yes which one(i guess ctek mxs 5.0).. for ANY lead acid battery, you’re going to need charging maintenance, pretty much any chargeable battery type has a self discharge factor, as chemicals change over time. 2021 400 BD / 2020  F-150, 3.5L EcoBoost / NE Ohio.

Can anyone tell me if I could mount one of these batteries on its side. What about Silver-calcium / acid batteries. -They are not all waterproof, so put silicone on the lid of your Shorai. FAR FAR from the truth, I am just a few months outside of 1 yr warrantee on a name brand AGM that costs 2x as much as competition and it can hardly turn over the engine unless I charge it first, and it cannot turn over engine if left to sit but a few weeks or less today. In the mean time however, I need some help from other techies here to see if they agree with my figures or if you can think or other common devices that could be added to the Device Usage/Charging chart that might be of benefit.