That +1 will still apply after it becomes a Shillelagh. Please leave the "(5e Equipment)" identifier in the page title when creating your new equipment! The spell ends after a minute, or after you let go of the weapon, whichever comes first. Components: V, S, M (mistletoe, a shamrock leaf, and a club or quarterstaff) So there’s a lot of flexibility in this build. Mostly since the Nature Domain takes some aspects from Druids. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls. For the specific duration, you can make to use your spellcasting ability instead of the strength for an attack and the damage rolls of melee attacks by using that weapon and also the weapon’s damage die would become a d8. At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the bonus increases to +2. Click here to edit contents of this page. The wood of a club or quarterstaff you are holding is imbued with nature’s power. So before the spell it was 1d6+2 bludgeoning using your strength mod. See pages that link to and include this page. I could be wrong but that's how I interpret it. And you have some flexibility with your reactions, being able to use either Polearm Master or Halo of Spores to hit enemies that move into melee range. From D&D Wiki. Append content without editing the whole page source. Magic Weapons & Ammunition Dragon Slayer. 1 Magic Weapons, Featured and Quality; 2 Magic Weapons; 3 April Fools Magic Weapons; 4 Incomplete Magic Weapons; Magic Weapons, Featured and Quality. Then you can have Wisdom be your main stat overall, and it won’t force a choice between Strength and Wisdom. When you use a … then you must read this article, then you will find the best answer to this query. Magic oils are similar to potions, except that oils are applied externally rather than imbibed. Wikidot.com Terms of Service - what you can, what you should not etc. This allows for more melee possibilities. The weapon also becomes magical, if it isn't already. It can duplicate the effect of a spell of up to 3rd level that has a casting time of less than 1 minute. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Shillelagh is also a spell you can also have on at all times. The spell's description does not say it negates effects of magical weapons. Mechanically, Symbiotic Entity allows Druids to work in melee, making it also great with Shillelagh. I would rule that they still get the +2, the spell only says that the die changes to d8. For the duration, you can use your spellcasting ability instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of melee attacks using that weapon, and the weapon's damage die becomes a d8. A subreddit dedicated to the various iterations of Dungeons & Dragons, from its First Edition roots to its Fifth Edition future. Change the name (also URL address, possibly the category) of the page. Take Shillelagh as a cantrip and Polearm Master as your feat. General Wikidot.com documentation and help section. We can look into more detailed breakdowns below. The wood of a club or quarterstaff you are holding is imbued with nature's power. The circle of spores’ first two abilities allow for even more damage with your quarterstaff attacks. The weapon also becomes magical, if it isn’t already. Please help work on the problem presented on the template. The spell ends if you cast it again or if you let go of the weapon… Nature Domain lets you avoid having to take the magic initiate feat, or a dip into druid to gain access to Shillelagh with heavy armor for free. The cost is a 2nd level spell slot (cast as a bonus action) and Concentration. (, Chaos Bolt: D&D 5e Spell Guide & Damage Guide, 5e Spell Guide: Phantom Steed, Mounts, and Motorcycles, Chromatic Orb D&D 5e Spell Guide: Rules, Uses & Tips, Faerie Fire: D&D 5e Spell Guide, Rules & Uses, Top 22 Best J.C. Staff Anime Ever Made: The Ultimate List To Watch, Top 20 Best Anime Knight Characters (Ranked), Top 30 Best Medieval Anime Of All Time (Series & Movies). Clerics have a lot of flexibility in their subclasses, so let’s quickly run through some options. If you have a MaceClub +1, it will overcome resistances to nonmagical damage. The spell ends if you cast it again or if you let go of the weapon. The spell ends if you cast it again or if you let go of the weapon. Let’s say you pick a Variant Human with +2 to Wisdom and +1 to say Dexterity. If you have a Mace Club +1, it will overcome resistances to nonmagical damage. So you now get what should be your highest ability score as your melee bonus. If you buy something we may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Due to the wording and the fact that Shillelagh is not concentration, Shillelagh can stack with Green Flame Blade or Booming Blade, allowing for an even more insane damage output. Video games, movies, TV shows, cartoons, anime, toys, comics and so much more. Uses Str or Dex for attack bonuses. This means it doesn't negate the effects of magical weapons. Casting Time: 1 bonus action If I am wielding a +2 quarterstaff and cast Shillelagh do I still get the +2 to attack and damage rolls from the staff or does the spell negate that effect and I just get my normal spell attack bonus and 1d8 + modifier? Shillelagh is a weird spell that honestly doesn’t have too many comparisons. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Press J to jump to the feed. The weapon also becomes magical if it isn’t to begin with. The weapon also becomes magical, if it isn't already. For the duration, you’ll use your Spellcasting Ability rather than Strength for the Attack and Damage Rolls of Melee Attacks using that weapon, and therefore the weapon’s damage die becomes a d8. View wiki source for this page without editing. Arcana Cleric + Magic Initiate or a dip into Druid is a really interesting combo. Depending on resistances, you can choose between magical bludgeoning (Shillelagh+Polearm Master) or necrotic (Halo of Spores). And other melee spells are wildly different. Symbotic Entity can stack with your normal attack and bonus attack from Polearm master, allowing for a possibility of a lot of damage. You imbue nature’s power into your club or quarterstaff. 5e Magical Weapons. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls. The War Cleric also benefits from Shillelagh through one of the two methods above. Shillelagh on a staff will do 1d8 damage. Plus it follows the normal weapon rules, i.e. For the duration, you can use your spellcasting ability instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of melee attacks using that weapon, and the weapon’s damage die becomes a d8.