go forth and get it. Operating system: Windows 10. Stick with your 2500k + 1060; its a well balanced system that should be good for a couple more years. The plight of the Canadian consumer? Press J to jump to the feed. I'm looking for a deal on a 3700X or 3800X on Black Friday. Hello Anray. The current equivalent is the 3700X more or less.

Nvidia has approached Softbank and is considering buying ARM Holdings. If you can possibly wait (you might have to anyway, if launch day is as clusterfcuky as we think it will be), there is a rumoured 5600 for Jan 2021 that should be at least $50 cheaper. If you're in the market for a new motherboard and want the very best, we've rounded up some excellent recommendations for you to start your search with. The Ryzen 7 3700X is the sweet spot for AMD's series of processors. But both CPUs are good, you can't loose choosing either of them. Since you consider waiting for desktop Ice Lake, may I suggest doing just that, and once it arrives buy a Ryzen 7 3700X instead? This decision to 7nm has brought a beefy 15% boost to IPC (instructions per clock) performance. I am afraid 5600X starting price will come higher. Still, the … All in all, you can get literally a whole computer. It's also perfect for intensive applications like video editing with an additional four cores compared to the Ryzen 7 3700X. The roadmaps show that.

As long as you are happy with your decision why should it matter, you can always upgrade down the road, always something shiny around the corner. You can wait another cycle and see what is on the market in 2020-2021. The AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is the poster child for the AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation processors on the consumer level. Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, It all comes down to what "some" video editing means, but if you game more than you edit you should lean toward the Zen 3. Still, the 3700X offers excellent value with six cores and a lower TDP than the Ryzen 9 3900X if you don't need all that performance. [WSJ]AMD Is in Advanced Talks to Buy Xilinx, Interested in buying a Zhaoxin Kaixian kx-u6780a CPU / Motherboard combo from Taobao. i7-4770K w/ 2080Super, upgrade build to 3700x or wait for 4000s to come out? Ryzen 5800X will be better, but in the same way that the 3770K is better than the 2600K. Thank you in advance. A little bit about myself and my situation. I am not in the loop, is now a good time to buy an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or just wait for AMD Ryzen 4000. We're a few months off from the 4000 series coming out. On this page, you'll find out which processor has better performance in benchmarks, games and other useful information. Should I get it or wait for the 5600x? If you're video editing as much or more than you game then the 3700x would probably be the best option with more cores, and it would still be sufficient for gaming, especially at higher resolutions where the GPU is doing more of the work. GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti The zen2 ship will be sold then. Intel 10nm desktop CPUs may never happen. I’ll be picking up a 3900x and wait for the bugs to be ironed out before I update the cpu and gpu. Either way you'll benefit.

I'd say you should buy asap if you want the 3700x, since it is too much value per core compared to 5000 series and thus prices might actually rise over short term imo. The 10700K is able to match the 3700X and that meant it was 6% faster than the 9900K. Nah, your setup is still decent. Zen3 will be revealed on October 8, but no one is certain when it will be available to buy. If you don't want to splash out on a Threadripper CPU and motherboard, the Ryzen 9 3900X is about as good as you can get, rocking 12 cores and 24 threads. The AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is an 8-core, ... You might want to wait another year or so before dropping a few hundred bucks, or even opt to splurge on a higher-end but pricier chip. The AMD Ryzen 9 3900X is a monstrous CPU, boasting 12 cores in a small package with 24 threads at hand to handle any task you throw at it. You can roll the dice and wait if you want to. Intel is still king when it comes to single-core performance, but when it comes to multi-core ones, the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X is the absolute beast. SO EVEN IF you waited, once the new chips come out, your 3700x will be CHEAPER than what you would have paid for it.... meaning you can spend that saved money on say a slightly better GPU or even slightly faster system ram! But, don’t take our word for it; read our review to find out exactly what it’s capable of.

Best Buy will have PS5 and Xbox Series X stock over Black Friday, Xbox Series X stock shortages could last 'for a few months' after launch, admits Microsoft, PS5 pre-orders: all the latest stock information and updates ahead of launch, Stop saying the Xbox Series X controller hasn't changed, TCL has developed a sideways rollable OLED TV – watch it in action here, PS5 stock could be scarce on launch day, Sony warns, amid unprecedented demand, Microsoft makes disposable emails available for all, Amazon Prime Video reminds us we don't own the TV shows and movies we buy, This ridiculous $40,000 PC with three Nvidia RTX 3090 GPUs is the ‘quietest and most powerful system’ ever made, Windows 10 may have finally killed off Flash Player for good, Single-threaded performance still falls behind Intel. Ryzen 3700X or wait for 4000 series? The 3900X is for those who want much more from their PC. The Ryzen 9 3900X is a whole different kind of beast. There was a problem. Whichever Ryzen 3000 processor you choose to buy, you're going to have a capable PC ready for action.

Learn more. However, the way we look at it, SSDs are the real stars of the PCIe 4.0 show. Ever. Eiter way the frequency and L3 cache is going to be much lower regardless of the final core count. If all you need to do is do some web browsing and gaming on the side, this processor would be more than capable of handling the load. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 2700X | X470 G7 | XFX RX 580 8GB GTS 1460/2100, Linux Mint 20 - I7 2620M - 8 GB RAM - HD 3000, 3700X | x370 Killer SLI | 32GB@3200 | 1080ti. For photo video editing what should I choose? 3700x or wait for zen 3. You’re not being an ass at all.

Next gen Xbox/PS4 will arrive end of next year and both will be based on 8 core Zen 2 CPU. Joined: 28 Apr 2020 Posts: 3. I was planning to build a pc this month, a ryzen 3700x w a 3070 and 16g ram. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but Intel IPC has been stagnant since 2015 (Skylake) and AMD has only just caught up in that respect with the Ryzen 3000 series. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but Intel IPC has been stagnant since 2015 (Skylake) and AMD has only just caught up in that respect with the Ryzen 3000 series. The Intel Core i7-9700K is available for $374 (£384, AU$595), an 8-core processor with no hyperthreading, which means that the Ryzen 7 3700X offers twice the processing threads at a lower price tag. At least I think this is not the worst path to go with if you are Okay with losing some value on the zen2 chip. I am new to PC building and I recently bought a 3700x for 420 CAD (~320 USD) off of Amazon.
uh ... i game at 1080 and my 4670k @ 4.2 delid on liquid metal + AIO 240 is reeeeally struggling. So I would suspect a Ryzen 7 3700X will be potentially a better longterm bet,especially as it has been as low as £240. 5800x (the cheapest new 8 core) is at 450, while 3700 is at 260. lol I'm not trying to be an ass or anything but I don't get how people can be so impatient.

I can get a Ryzen 7 3700x for $279.99 at my micro center. I haven't yet made my mind but I'm 50% certain I'll upgrade to 3700X.

So you can buy ryzen 5 5600x. Thanks to its new 7nm manufacturing process, it delivers much better performance at a lower power consumption than its predecessor. What's the best CPU your current board will take? In this subreddit, we celebrate and promote the ultimate gaming and working platform. Games don't care about more cores, single core clock speed is king for gaming, so the 5600x would be the better choice. When paired with an AMD Navi graphics card like the Radeon RX 5700 XT or RX 5700, you'll experience much better performance, thanks to increased bandwidth. So I will buy a cheap Zen 2 cpu with an nice X570 board with it when ampere arrives and upgrade to Zen 3 when the dust settled for them and they are widely available. So basically same performance with small add ons you may not even need. With it, you’re getting 8-cores and 16-threads, with a boost clock of 4.4GHz. So it might mean you can get an 8C Ryzen 7 3700X for less than a 6C Ryzen 5 5600X. If your current PC does what you need to do then returning the 3700X makes sense.
Please refresh the page and try again. New York, ©