A prime example is the former Philips business park, Strijp-S, which is now a cultural complex to rival the likes of Amsterdam's NDSM Wharf. This former Hanseatic city has fantastic architecture from the medieval Aa-Kerk to its critically-acclaimed city museum, a lively cultural scene, excellent food, and restaurants—even its own university and airport (Groningen Airport Eelde). From the metropolises of the Randstad (a densely populated arc of cities in the western Netherlands) to the industrial cities of the south—as well as outliers to the north and east—find out what the country's top 10 cities have to offer. Located in the province of North Holland, it shares the province with other major cities such as Haarlem and Zaanstad (best known as the city of Zaanse Schans). Tilburg, like Eindhoven, is another city in the southern province of North Brabant, and just like Eindhoven, it's a spunky city full of creativity and innovation, from local businesses to street art. Gelderland city. While its sleepy, canal-laced towns are beloved by tourists, much of the action in the Netherlands is concentrated in its top 10 most populous cities. It bases its list of country names and abbreviations on the list of names published by the United Nations. Both. the International Air Transport Association, Blantyre (Mandala) - Chileka International Airport, Casa de Campo - La Romana International Airport, Cartagena - Rafael Núñez International Airport, Dalian - Zhoushuizi International Airport, Dera Ismail Khan - Dera Ismail Khan Airport, Doncaster/Sheffield, Robin Hood International Airport, Samana - Samaná El Catey International Airport, Grand Cayman - Owen Roberts International, Juiz De Fora - Francisco De Assis Airport, Kiritimati (island) - Cassidy International Airport, Krakow (Cracow) - John Paul II International Airport, Madinah (Medina) - Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz, Medellin - José María Córdova International, Punta Arenas - Presidente Carlos Ibáñez del Campo, Rahim Yar Khan - Shaikh Zayed International Airport, Sheffield, Doncaster, Robin Hood International Airport, Unst (Shetland Island) - Baltasound Airport. Jillian Dara is a freelance travel writer and fact checker. Viktor Navorski : I don't know. A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. Both. I wished I was on it. Dutch town is a crossword puzzle clue. Jimi Hendrix (Purple Haze), If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal. “It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression "as pretty as an airport". The International Air Transport Association's (IATA) Location Identifier is a unique 3-letter code (also commonly known as IATA code) used in aviation and also in logistics to identify an airport. NOTE: The information retrieved from the IATA code list is for demonstration Located in the eastern portion of the Randstad, the city of Utrecht is the capital of the province of Utrecht, which also contains the lovely medieval city of Amersfoort. Just outside the city is the only Trappist brewery in the Netherlands, Bierbrouwerij De Koningshoeven, where visitors can relax with a beer and beer-themed snacks in the peaceful countryside of Berkel-Enschot. There are related clues (shown below). Anonymus, Excuse me while I kiss the sky. Else clues • Arnhem commune • Arnhem neighbor • Back of stamp • Central Dutch city • Chemical suffix • City east of Utrecht Paulo Coelho, Travel makes one modest. I wished I was on it. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. No surprise here: Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, is the most populous city in the country, with more than one million inhabitants. Don't miss its opulent modern architecture, a spectacular counterpoint to the traditional canal houses of the capital. Every once in a while go somewhere you have never been before. The Terminal (Movie with Tom Hanks), I heard an airplane passing overhead. The city itself is a favorite of visitors, who relish the unique quaysides of its picturesque canals, not to mention monuments from the Gothic Dom Church to the UNESCO-listed Rietveld-Schröder House, a jewel of 20th-century architecture. Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse. With some of the best attractions and more diverse restaurants in the country, The Hague is just a quick sprint from Amsterdam. Is Amsterdam in the Netherlands or Holland? Dutch town is a crossword puzzle clue that we have spotted over 20 times. A lovely city to explore on a sunny day, Breda is full of classic architecture and even has a rare béguinage, a sort of lay convent— more common in Flanders—whose architecture dates from the 16th century. Amelia : Are you coming or going? Answers for DUTCH CITY ESE OF UTRECHT crossword clue. From the metropolises of the Randstad (a densely populated arc of cities in the western Netherlands) to the industrial cities of the south—as well as outliers to the north and east—find out what the country's top 10 cities have to offer. Every once in a while go somewhere you have never been before.