It’s hard to imagine, yet I’ve seen it many times. hunt365top1, round nose bullets available for handloading.) There’s no wood anywhere. Let know one ever say a Partition’s will not shoot a tiny group, they will…, Just can’t get my head around burning all that powder and having my brains kicked out for what 300 FPS? Heavy 7mm bullets with G1 B.C.’s in the 7’s going 3100 + fps make this one of the flattest shooting, wind buckinest calibers in existence. I use the same powder charge for both. are interesting, but hardly science. My requirement is greater than 1500ft lbs and 1800 fps at 500 yards. I also shot some 168 gr Nosler Accubonds that were factory loaded and they shot a similar groups of just under an inch. The trigger is aweful were I changed to a Timney Trigger, better, some the accuracy still the problem.

About the author: Oct 13, 2020 #13 G. gelton Senior Member.

Cody Johns is an avid outdoorsman, shooter, hunter, and backcountry snowmobiler. Much better to have a very accurate rifle that you’re really good with than to be concerned with how much horsepower your gun has. Which gives you, the patron, more of the information and entertainment you enjoy. The trigger was really the only disappointing part of this rifle. I pulled it off and tried for over an hour to get it adjusted but it wouldn’t adjust below 4.5 lbs. Thread starter TreGrizz; Start date May 2, 2020; May 2, 2020 #1 T. TreGrizz Member. You said ‘Choose your bullet based on its terminal performance design plus your target animal (large or small, thick hided and heavily muscled or slight.) Shooting’s Family Affair. Yes, to a degree wider bullets, heavier bullets, and faster bullets are a safer bet for clean kills than are narrower, lighter, slower bullets. 28 Nosler is best described as a shorter version of the 7mm Ultra Mag but it’s basically a 7mm on steroids. Ron- The 26 Nosler (H2O capacity 93-grains) would be next in line, and then the 28 Nosler with similar H2O capacity as the 26 Nosler, but the option to drive heavier bullets. Related Tags: My 28 Nosler Ridgeline shoots under ½ MOA. Small Game – The Accommodating Cottontail. I’m almost sure that with a lighter trigger we’d see groups shrink almost immediately. Required fields are marked *. 28 Nosler is best described as a shorter version of the 7mm Ultra Mag but it’s basically a 7mm on steroids. So, the 280 AI with case capacity of around 65-grains water (varies by bullet seating depth) would generate the least muzzle energy and the least recoil. But the animal is “out of it” when blood pressure drops to a minimum functioning level.

This is classic response to a bullet strike whether .22 or .30. The 28 Nosler adds considerable powder, thus energy, to push the same 175-grain bullet as the 280 AI. Still, out to 500 yards all spire points from these cartridges should retain well over 1,500 f-p energy. Aim small.

Let’s dive into the deep end of this pool and figure it out. Hunt honest and shoot straight. With either factory ammo or handloads, the 28 Nosler will stay supersonic to a over a mile. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. I’m still working on the load I’ll use and will update this article when I get that dialed in. ttmannan said: So I have always been a .270 guy. They really don’t. I like the rifle well enough that I’m buying it and using it as my personal hunting rifle this year. And support all of that with extensive training and practice so you can do your part in delivering your bullets to your targets. With either factory ammo or handloads, the 28 Nosler will stay supersonic to a over a mile. I previously owned a Browning A-Bolt, a very accurate rifle, but the X-Bolt not so. Newest Hot Rod on the Strip: Nosler Model 48 Long…, Hunting Wolves with the Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed, Browning X-Bolt Pro Long Range 300 WM Full Review, Browning X-Bolt Max Long Range - SHOT Show 2019, BROWNING X-BOLT MAX LONG RANGE FULL REVIEW, Visit Browning for more information on the X-Bolt Western Hunter, Portable or Permanent: Blinds Have to be Adaptable. Whether you choose 280 AI, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler, here’s wishing you the best of luck, Kade. The 280 AI, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler.

It is, however, critical for powering the control unit — the brain.

Your email address will not be published. Hunting Cartridges.

Doesn’t seem natural – I agree with Mr. Ackley….

Joined Jul 31, 2019 Messages 50. .648 in the 175-grain .284 platform, .625 in the 142-grain .264 caliber) will keep more than 1,500 f-p to 600 yards. The 28 Nosler will recoil a lot more than the 6.5 PRC and somewhat more than the 300 PRC. Rifle, Hi RonI have a question concerning 3 cartridges. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The muzzle is threaded and it comes with a radial muzzle brake. That is some serious energy and velocity carried downrange. I really struggled for ammo for this review. The consensus answer was a magnum 30 kicks like a magnum 30 and it matters little if it’s a Weatherby or a Winchester or a Nosler. Weight is always a hot topic in a hunting rifle. Joined May 15, 2013 Messages 1,719 Location Central Texas. Rifle Review. That’s not to say it’s not attractive. I've spent a good amount of time, energy and money into making all three good long distance …

28 Nosler Load Data; 300 AAC Blackout Load Data; 30-30 Winchester Load Data; 30/40 Krag Load Data; 308 Marlin Express Load Data; 300 Savage Load Data; 308 Winchester Load Data; 30 Thompson Center Load Data; 30-06 Springfield Load Data; 300 Ruger Compact Magnum (RCM) Load Data; 308 Norma Magnum Load Data; 30-06 Springfield Ackley Improved Load Data ; 300 Rem Short Action Ultra … Mine came from the factory at about 5 lbs. That’s when it starts wobbling or running erratically. I want to point out that the OAL of the magazine box is way longer than SAAMI spec and so loading the rounds long for less pressure and more velocity should be very doable.

I actually hate radial brakes as they blast everything around them, kick up dust, snow, etc. Learn more about Nosler’s prepped brass, ammo, bullets, load data, and everything 28 Nosler by by clicking Here. The length of pull is 13 ⅝”. As most of us have seen in countless videos of deer and elk being struck by bullets, animals as lightly framed as a 200-pound whitetail can absorb 3,000 to 4,000 f-p energy from magnum cartridges and run off. Why You Should Support Ron Spomer Outdoors. Push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the 280 AI and it’ll recoil 14 fps with 24 foot-pounds of energy in an 8-pound rifle.

I’ll be honest. Ron Spomer tried dozens of combinations of rifles, cartridges, and bullets en route to discovering the bullet and it’s placement are more important than caliber, bullet mass, or terminal energy. Right now finding ammo or components of any kind is kind of ridiculous. The 175 ELD-X’s shoot at 3150 fps and the 180 ELD-M’s shoot at 3100 fps.

bullet like the Nosler Accubond Long Range (B.C. The trigger is short, crisp, and supposed to be adjustable. But if you shot a 142-grain .284 bullet in the 28 Nosler, it’s recoil would match that of the 26 Nosler pushing that bullet weight. The answer might surprise you. I weighed the gun and it showed 7.28 lbs with the bolt in. I'm in the market for a new rifle in a cartridge that will be effective for elk at 500 yards or so. It’s good to 400 yards or so and that’s as far as I have any business shooting under the best of circumstances. And it informs us that our fascination with bullet power is largely a waste of time. Being able to adjust the cheek piece is a huge advantage.

An aerodynamically efficient, high B.C.

Then, after 3 to 10 seconds, they wobble and tip over.

And support all of that with extensive training and practice so you can do your part in delivering your bullets to your targets.’. ratings lose much energy to drag. I fear too many of us assume bullets are like the fists of a heavyweight boxer. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

Push a 175-grain 2,800 fps in the 280 AI and it’ll recoil 14 fps with 24 foot-pounds of energy in an 8-pound rifle. We hunters tend to fixate on rifles and “calibers,” (meaning cartridges) as if they make a big difference. But emphasizing punch over placement — or expecting a bigger thump to compensate for poor placement — is not a winning formula. Browning, Velocity was 3217. And animals can run a long way in seconds. It sends the brain the oxygen it requires. None are especially brutal kickers, but the one with the most powder and heaviest bullet will generate the most kick and downrange energy. 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler and the 280Ai. In fact, it was downright mild. I then shot a three-shot group at 100 yards with a handload of  81 grains of Retumbo powder (bummed it off my buddy) and 180 grain Hornady ELD-M bullets which have a G1 b.c. I only had a limited amount of this ammo. Of more interest to you, Kale, seems to be terminal performance on game. Rather, it’s a sleek, smooth, and lightweight magnum that is capable of the longest shots. Heavy 7mm bullets with G1 B.C.’s in the 7’s going 3100 + fps make this one of the flattest shooting, wind buckinest calibers in existence. The 26 Nosler (H2O capacity 93-grains) would be next in line, and then the 28 Nosler with similar H2O capacity as the 26 Nosler, but the option to drive heavier bullets. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. The very first load I tried shot fantastic. I bore sighted took a couple shots at 100 yards and it dialed right into the orange. Take note that the thread size is metric 13 x 1.25 and didn’t fit any muzzle devices I had. Unless the projectile strikes on or near the central nervous system (spinal column, brain,) the animal remains functional because the cardio-pulmonary system is not required for immediate control. Sticking with the 8-pound rifle, the 26 Nosler pushing a 142-grain bullet 3,200 fps will recoil 16 fps with nearly 32 f-p energy. I used Nosler Brass for my handloads. Terminal performance is more about placement, expansion, and penetration (to maximize tissue destruction) than punch or power.

The information presented here is for general educational purposes only. A reader recently asked which was best for hunting. But the brain can function without fresh blood/oxygen for several seconds. Skip Steele, Sir Ron, Browning listed this gun as 6lbs 13 ounces. In weighing the components, it looks as if you’ve considered fractions of a pound as ounces. Previous post: Portable or Permanent: Blinds Have to be Adaptable. It allows for perfect eye alignment and the same cheek position every time you pull the gun up. Just download the app and search Ron Spomer Outdoors. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. Knockdown power, Taylor knockout formulas, etc. As stated above, the right bullet in the right place makes all these cartridges more than adequate, but of course the 28s have increased versatility because they can throw bullets as heavy as 180-grains while the 26 is limited to about 150-grains (with a few old fashioned 160-gr. But bullets don’t really work that way. Your IP: 128.199.74.47 Sadly, these days many hunters, wherever in the World they hunt, choose their bullet based on price, not quality and rely on the erroneous concept of fast follow-up shots to counter a bad first shot. Various bonded and hybrid bullets with lead or titanium shanks behind hollow copper or bonded lead noses can penetrate as well as the Barnes, too. Most often bullets kill by hemorrhaging. That’s light enough to carry and still heavy enough to shoot. All of this is quite clinical, some might say morbid, but that’s reality.