WHY ARE THEY SELLING A VEHICLE THAT DOES THIS? On some of these vehicles, the start/stop system has failed to work. There’s certain specs for this, but if yours is going through so much to stall it probably has a severe consumption problem. The next time, I was again stopped at a red light, but this time the automatic start/stop was not turned on so the engine and everything was still running. Failure Date: 09/01/2020 Tl the contact owns a 2016 Jeep Compass. Well I changed it less than 4,000 miles ago. Well, last time I had to add oil to my car was 25 years ago when I was in colleague and had an old car. Made appointment 1 week later and decided for next 6 months wanted to turn off start/stop option and see what happens to MPG. I put it back in drive and every light on my dash flashed. I’ve had my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited since June 2018. When the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake and everything locked up. I was shocked to hear that a 2018 vehicle burns so much oil and will run out of oil before the oil change is due, and the dealership mechanic was explaining to me that this is normal! Check in every 1000 miles for oil consumption and local guys said make it 500 miles and try to say not to worry. With the second problem, when the vehicle stops at a stop light or stop sign, it shuts off with the normal function of the auto stop/start feature. Unsubscribe any time. When the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake and the car tried to start, but couldn’t and made a horrible noise. Due to the weird response of the engine, I called the dealership and ask what to do next. The 2.4 is known for oil consumption, but it definitely shouldn’t be this bad. I mean how good can it be for an engine to burn oil like that? When the system operates as designed, there is no delay or hesitation once the driver takes their foot off the brake and no need to manually restart the engine. The car has also shut off while driving slowly (less than 10mph) and acts the same way. But then I was able to drive. Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters. Oh they said the turning off of the stop/start feature is a coincidence not related to issue. I have 7,000 km (4,400 miles) on my Compass. Was it because I took a right turn? And yes, turns out it was completely out of oil. I AM DRIVING AT 45 MPH AND THE ENGINE GOES OFF AND THE CAR COASTS, LEFT WITH NO POWER STEERING. It was down 2.5 quarts of oil and both batteries needed to be replaced! It’s a huge danger and there should definitely be a recall, but they haven’t yet. I HAVE ONLY 7400 MILES. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. Consumers should also report incidents to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at www.safercar.gov. Very bottom of the stick is a line showing you the maximum amount of oil you want on the stick indicated by “full.”. The second time they said the sensor on my driver door was broken and that’s the problem it’s telling my car to shut off. Like these error messages went away so quickly I couldn’t read them. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I’ve had my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited since June 2018. Did your dealership offer your wife a ton of free oil changes during the first year? The start/stop feature is a fuel saving feature that is supposed to turn the engine off automatically at brief stops and start the engine up again automatically when the driver takes their foot off the brake. The third time they said my car was completely out of oil and it shuts off to prevent engine damage - but I had my oil changed 1000 miles ago. Roughly 3500 miles on motor after 3 months of owning. Has anyone else had issues like these?? They told me the car can go 7,500 before needing one but since they’re free to use them. The dealership where I purchased the car picked it up today and left me with a loaner. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. They told me instead change oil every 6.ooo miles I will have to change every 3.000. Average failure mileage is 5,650 miles. So glad this is a lease, can't wait for the rest of it to be up. Is anyone aware of any recalls or potential lemon suites on account of this? NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. Mine offered me 4 free ones for the first year. They discovered it was a bad crank sensor. Same. I was really frightened! I was stopped at a light, the car turns off. Drivers who are unfamiliar with the Engine Start-Stop technology in the Jeep Compass and many other Jeep vehicles may be caught off guard when their vehicle’s engine suddenly shuts itself off while stopped. But it's what happened next that shocked me. On behalf of Roseman Law Firm, PLLC | Apr 12, 2019 | Blog |. This week the engine started shutting down while driving - really scary and major safety issue, especially for a 17 year old. Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty Lawsuit Proceeds, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Is there any legal action can be taken here? 2017, 2018 and 2019 Jeep Compass owners are reporting two different dangerous issues with their vehicles. My manual says “take to dealer” and when I look online I could only find how to check it for 2011-2017 Compass’. It happens mostly on hills and when pushing the gas after the break. The 2018 Jeep Compass has 8 problems reported for shuts down while driving. I have a 2018 Jeep Compass that I do all my own oil changes on. The vehicle has 3500 miles on it. Fight for your rights. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. I take my turns pretty fast. I told the tech and he said “that’s just how these cars are they burn through oil”. For the first problem, Jeep Compass vehicles have shut off without warning at highway speeds, including up to 65 miles per hour. Okay this is a stupid question and I’m sorry - but how the hell do you check the oil in this car?? They asked that the car be towed. I noticed the low oil pressure light came on during turns. I DO NOT WANT A VEHICLE I AM NOT SAFE IN. I bought my Jeep back in October 2018. This is absolutely ridiculous. A very unsafe way to let me know (the multiple intersection stallings). Then today they call to say the Jeep Chrysler engineers have said not to replace engine it is suppose to stall if low and something about the new care and solvents are cause after flushed and oil replaced should be ok and will stand by product. HUSBAND CHECKED THE OIL AND THERE WAS NO OIL. It started to roll then stopped itself and I noticed the “brake” light on so I looked and my parking brake had turned itself on. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" It’s a too common problem with the 2.4L multi air engine unfortunately. I’ve gone through oil consumption tests, which proved I was burning “more than allowed”, they changed my oil to a thicker oil, and it still burned more than it should. If the problems with your vehicle are not fixed under warranty, contact Attorney Christina Gill Roseman at www.helpforlemoncars.com or 800-745-5259 for free Lemon Law help. I was in the middle of the road as the car crept through the intersection. The third time, I was driving about 35mph down the road. The e brake comes on as a fail safe so you don’t seize your engine your due to no oil I believe. Someone is going to die before they admit the problem. It makes me think the dealer knew this was an issue and just made sure I had plenty of oil changes to last 12 months so the lemon law clock in my state would run out. I was turning a corner and 2/3 around the car went dead, didn't want to restart. Directly below is a list of the most common reasons why your Compass would randomly die while driving. I then put it back in park and it finally turned off. Jeep Compass Shuts Down When Driving: Top Causes. Why doesn't it stay on? You’re Jeep is running low on oil possibly. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Is this right? WHEN YOU PURCHASE OR LEASE THEY DO NOT TELL YOU. I turn the car off, wait a second, and turn it back on and get home and everything was normal. Other Compass owners have experienced stalling immediately after the vehicle restarts at stop lights or stop signs. The car shut off while I was driving, happened for 7 times and I brought to the dealership but unfortunately they told me there was no previous complaint or recall regarding that kind of problem. It was so weird since I just leased this car in April of 2018. Long story short this happened about 4 times and every time I took it to the dealer they said they couldn't find anything. Then I'm coming to a stop light but not stopped the car dies and won't restart for a light cycle had traffic backed up honking. Sometimes the vehicle can be restarted but some vehicles have to be towed. I checked the dipstick and it had NOTHING. When the driver takes the foot off the brake to go, the car may start up again just briefly and then stall out. Can't always take left turns (ha ha) I see some were Compass recalls so wondering tonight how do they decide? I’ve read through dozens of consumer reports/reviews and a lot of people with the 17/18/19 Jeep Compass are reporting this, but there have been no recalls issued.