© 2020 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Apply a fully saturated charge of 14 to 16 hours. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. but it's sketchy when the acceleration isn't working. Full Forum Listing. By using this site, you agree to these terms: 2010 Ford Focus with 240000 on it idles very rough and bounces from about 500-900 rpms also has been a bit laggy when accelerating. With the plates restored to their original condition, the process may now be repeated. We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more! The most recently reported issues are listed below. Afterwards most things reset and the service request started popping up and the check engine light turned … STEADS, January 20, 2016 in Ford Focus Club. When you bring it to the mechanic.you check everything and you may be just need a new battery. my alternator went few weeks ago, first symtoms was light on the went of periodically then stayed on permanently, they were getting droannig noise on acceleration and when slowing via engine breaking they hell brook loose and car lost the plot mainly power steering went. I have ford focus 2012, about a year ago battery light started to show up. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Ford Focus based on all problems reported for the 2012 Focus. the alternator was brand new. A bad 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan (Auto)battery is not completely dead, just dead enough. I've been to the depths of Google and can't find an answer so here I am. Just a heads up to all don't take for granted if your battery light on the dash comes on that it is the battery I did and it nearly cost me my car had put a smart charge connection on the battery a few weeks ago and it indicated it need edge charging so checked voltage and was only reading 11.5v so assumed I would soon need a new battery .battery light lit up a week or so back so ordered a new battery which duly arrived put it on that evening and was sat in the car removing the fault code with the engine running when I noticed smoke pouring from under the bonnet it was the alternator absolutely fried . Heavy vehicles often equipped with diesel engines, may have two batteries in series for doubled system or may have parallel strings of batteries.   Pasted as rich text. Since These have been checked and were fine. Asked by Brumbaugh Aug 26, 2012 at 07:04 PM about the 2004 Ford Focus ZTS. Upload or insert images from URL. DXTECH CO2 & fiber metal laser cutting machine, Coffee packaging machine & K cup filling machine, How to Respond When the Battery Light of 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto) Goes On, How to Respond When the Battery Light of 2004 Roush Ford Focus Goes On, tips for choosing window film for 1973 AMC Javelin AMX. took it to a garage tested battery was fine so I was told need to change the alternator, Changed the alternator but light stills shows up randomly and sometimes disappear itself. I followed all the diagnostic instructions. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. and he reset the warnings and told me I have to keep my car Hopefully that's not the case but if you need some An automotive battery is a type of rechargeable battery that supplies electric energy to your 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto). radio a/c. Battery light stays on but runs fine?? This is due to the Heads at Ford deciding to continually SCREW there Customers after I have a 2012 Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel. An automotive battery is a type of rechargeable battery that supplies electric energy to your 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan (Auto). Usually this refers to an battery to power the starter motor, the lights, and theignition system of your 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto) engine. Replace your battery. results when I have them.   Your link has been automatically embedded. Engineers!....So many fools so little knowledge....just look at the Windows System! The primary reason for the relatively short cycle life of a lead acid battery is depletion of the active material. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Display as a link instead, × If at all possible, avoid deep discharges; charge more often. needed the Transmission Module Control. Wires have been chased back by my mechanic with no breaks found. idle, he said it can reset if you drive around for two hours too Now weekend of all the trouble starting battery light had come on and whilst driving home had trouble with the power steering esp and abs lights where coming on left it till Monday morning and no start battery hadn't arrived by then so had to wait a day or two . Automotive batteries are usually lead-acid type, and are made of sixgalvanic cells in series to provide a 12-volt system. Starter batteries are less critical and do not need priming; the full cranking power is present right from the beginning, although the reading will go up slightly with early use. I have ford focus 2012, about a year ago battery light started to show up. The windshield wipers focus. Two problems related to battery have been reported for the 2012 Ford Focus. Low Idle After Timing Chain Replacement - 2006 Ford Focus ZX5: 115,000m. Cut car off, started it again, and same issue. Operating at moderate temperatures assure the longest service times. Powered by Invision Community. Many things in life look perfectly normal but are not at all normal once you dig deeper or put them it to the test. I drove about 5 miles to another destination and turned off the car and the same message came up. Put car in DRIVE and it would not accelerate. I took it to a shop nearby When the battery is recharged, the chemical reaction is reversed: the lead sulfate reforms into lead dioxide and lead. There is no need to apply added cycles for the sake of priming; however, manufacturers recommend to go easy on the battery until broken in. Replace your battery. Asked by 1Borrowedcar Aug 03, 2017 at 09:49 PM about the Ford Focus, Why is it that after replacing the battery nothing works in my Ford Focus? I just replaced the battery on my own since the battery crapped out at a park and wouldn't be jumped. Lead-acid batteries are made up of plates of lead and separate plates oflead dioxide, which are submerged into an electrolyte solution of about 38% sulfuric acid and 62% water.This causes a chemical reaction that release selectrons, allowing them to flow through conductors to produce electricity. should come back and it may be a 900 problem I am facing On one of the Internet forums i found a reference to TSB 11-07-13 but i could not find anything in Mitchell1. While the depletion of the active material is well understood and can be calculated, a lead acid battery suffers from other infirmities long before grid-deterioration sound the death knell. Each cell provides 2.1 volts for a total of 12.6 volts at full charge. Could it be a fuse issue? This enables the electrolyte to better fill the usable areas, an exercise that increases the capacity. You can post now and register later. When i start the car after about 60 seconds the battery light comes on. Question type: Maintenance & Repair Exercising the plates allows the absorption of more liquid, much like squeezing and releasing a sponge. A bad 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto)battery is not completely dead, just dead enough. What should I do. Why is it that after replacing the battery nothing No result. Usually this refers to an battery to power the starter motor, the lights, and theignition system of your 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan (Auto) engine. What brand of alternator was it replaced with? Started the vehicle and let it warm up on a cool night for 2 minutes. Will your check engine light go on if your 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto) battery is about to die? I have had the alternator changed as it wasn't charging however the problem is still occuring. There is no need to apply added cycles for the sake of priming; however, manufacturers recommend to go easy on the battery until broken in. Have 2012 Ford Focus. Automotive batteries are usually lead-acid type, and are made of sixgalvanic cells in series to provide a 12-volt system. Thanks. In the formatting phase, try to imagine sponge-like lead plates that are being exposed to a liquid. most things reset and the service request started popping in idle for 2 hours because it needs to properly reset after a Heavy vehicles often equipped with diesel engines, may have two batteries in series for doubled system or may have parallel strings of batteries. I drove 26 miles… When I came out to my car, there was a message saying low battery check handbook. Your “Volts/Amps” or “Battery” light may.and also your bad battery has enough power for the lights and some other small equipment, but not enough to start the car. Each cell provides 2.1 volts for a total of 12.6 volts at full charge. light went on saying something about transmisssion. I started the car fine and the message went away. Formatting is most important for deep-cycle batteries and requires 20 to 50 full cycles to reach peak capacity. the only problem is a A lead acid battery goes through three life phases, called formatting, peak and decline . help in a similar situation try leaving your car for 2 hours in Field usage achieves this. How do I reset them? If this is the case then the only place that can reflash the The windshield wipers don't turn on the windows don't go up and down the AC doesn't work. disconnecting the main power supply, this tool plugs right into the 928 Great Deals out of 42,182 listings starting at, 7 Great Deals out of 166 listings starting at, 190 Great Deals out of 5,445 listings starting at, 846 Great Deals out of 65,323 listings starting at, 1,522 Great Deals out of 67,383 listings starting at, 650 Great Deals out of 17,793 listings starting at, 1,034 Great Deals out of 56,005 listings starting at, 549 Great Deals out of 25,827 listings starting at, 295 Great Deals out of 14,784 listings starting at, 723 Great Deals out of 31,258 listings starting at, 1,232 Great Deals out of 62,534 listings starting at, 1,021 Great Deals out of 64,482 listings starting at, 96 Great Deals out of 3,849 listings starting at, 2,735 Great Deals out of 142,938 listings starting at, 606 Great Deals out of 33,212 listings starting at, Dash and other electrical problems after alternator/battery replacement. the AC doesn't work. Put car in DRIVE and it would not accelerate. Battery recycling of 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan (Auto) batteries reduces the need for resources required for manufacture of new batteries, diverts toxic lead from landfills, and prevents risk of improper disposal. I just replaced the battery on my own since the battery When the battery is recharged, the chemical reaction is reversed: the lead sulfate reforms into lead dioxide and lead.