Dynamic frequency scaling is a technology that allows the processor to conserve power and reduce noise when it is under a light load.

This benchmark measures the performance of the CPU using a single thread.

An AMD Ryzen 3700X bottlenecks an Nvidia 2070 Super: the 3700X costs 40% more money for 11% less performance.The lost performance is similar to downgrading from a 2070S to a 2060S.Publishing EFps data puts UserBenchmark in conflict with the marketing from billion dollar corporations, but it also helps our users to build faster PCs by dodging marketing traps. A 32-bit operating system can only support up to 4GB of RAM.

Small semiconductors provide better performance and reduced power consumption. Question. Price is somewhat similar for me, with the 10700 (non k) being 60 euro more expensive overall (because for some reason z490 motherboards cost more than b550 on average). I think 8 cores gives better smoothness over 6 cores and better 1% and .1%. I had both the 1600 and the 3600 in the past and would like to continue with AMD, but Intel looks to cost the same for CPU + Mobo. The CPU speed indicates how many processing cycles per second can be executed by a CPU, considering all of its cores (processing units). Here is an overview of 10700 from TechPowerUp. In about 2-3 years, if OP wants to upgrade processors, they’re gonna need to buy a new gen 4 compatible board. Performance in single-threaded apps and benchmarks, Measure performance when all cores are involved, The efficiency score of electricity consumption. did you sell the 3600? If the CPU exceeds the maximum operating temperature then problems such as random resets can occur. The zen 3 prices really did make the 10700k a pretty good deal in comparison. A larger L2 cache results in faster CPU and system-wide performance. Intel Core i7 10700 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel Core i7 10750H, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel Core i7 1065G7, Includes an integrated GPU Intel UHD Graphics 630, 9% higher Turbo Boost frequency (4.8 GHz vs 4.4 GHz), More modern manufacturing process – 7 versus 14 nanometers, Around 1.88 GB/s (4%) higher theoretical memory bandwidth. And it seems you can unlock the power limit so it can go to 4.7-4.8 without OC. We compared two 8-core desktop CPUs: the 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 10700 against the 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 3700X. Cinebench R20 is a benchmark tool that measures a CPU's multi-core performance by rendering a 3D scene. Intel will only get 2933MHz ram and no PCI-E gen 4, but honestly, Gen 4 makes little sense, and I care about the better gaming experience. Or what am I missing? General overview and comparison of the processors, What are the key differences between 3700X and 10700, Comparing the performance of CPUs in benchmarks, Full technical specification of Intel Core i7 10700 and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X. You pay about 70 bucks more and get 10 percent better perf, especially for gaming. otherwise, the 10700 is a good buy. Why is AMD Ryzen 7 3700X better than Intel Core i7-10700? 3700x vs 10700 for gaming. Discussion. Im looking at 10700 non K for a discount. Is Intel now the better choice? Welcome to /r/AMD — the subreddit for all things AMD; come talk about Ryzen, Threadripper, EPYC, Navi, the next-gen consoles, news, rumours, show-off your build and more. A larger L1 cache results in faster CPU and system-wide performance. 10700 is a perfectly good purchase. I think they’d be selling more if they weren’t being destroyed in the mind share. Each new version contains new instructions and improvements. Prime day or Black Friday might lower the 3700x enough to make more sense, could do the same for the 10700 though too. It also allows you to run 64-bit apps. Press J to jump to the feed. Honestly I wldnt buy a new PC now, especially if you already have a 3600. This is the maximum rate that data can be read from or stored into memory.

A larger L3 cache results in faster CPU and system-wide performance. I think since it does only clock to 4.7-4.8 you just need a $35 cooler to get same/better cooling as Ryzen. My humble opinion, you will be better off by buying R5 5600X.